It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed NASA Astronaut almost, kind of, (not really) says Extraterrestrials are here!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Do you (original poster) have any links to Buzz Aldrin stating he believed in UFOs or has seen what he believes to be alien craft? In every incident I can recall linking him to such statements, he has always replied that he was taken out of context, and he provided the correct context (full interview/statement, etc.) each time.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The problem I see with that is that I don't know of any aging astronaut who says he saw UFOs in space. Not one.

Now I do have an issue with this statement as I have read on a number of occasions astronauts seeing things out of the windows on the way to the moon, in orbit and during other activities. Are you sure you have your facts straight Jim? If I recall correctly I do believe the Apollo missions had a number of cases where "Objects" were observed close to the capsules. I highly doubt any astronaut at the time would come out and call them "UFO's" because of the fear of ridicule but "unknown objects" is kind of the same thing is it not?
edit on 29-10-2010 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oscillator
Oh I just think that posting STS mission videos in this thread damages the credibility of this thread and what those astronauts are saying.

It just seems completely unrelated to me.

Unrelated? The astronaut in question was on-board during the sts-80 mission (the vid I posted). So please explain how that's unrelated..

Originally posted by Gazrok
Do you (original poster) have any links to Buzz Aldrin stating he believed in UFOs or has seen what he believes to be alien craft? In every incident I can recall linking him to such statements, he has always replied that he was taken out of context, and he provided the correct context (full interview/statement, etc.) each time.

1st page of this thread has a few buzz aldrin vids.. I watched them yesterday. He explains what he saw.. and that they double checked with houston to make sure he wasnt seeing one of the shuttle's rockets in the foreground
edit on 29-10-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim... i think you're a using a straight bat about what you believe to be the case. However, if you really do believe the CIA used UFOs to try and prevent another melt down of the phone lines in the 50s you are beyond naive. Demand for phones far far outstripped their availability throughout the western world right up into the 1970s. The phone lines to many cites throughout the western world were often jammed, just down to normal traffic. You regularly still had to book a phone call to the USA in advance from Europe right up to the 1960s If you really do believe that the government did';t have it's own lines for emergency communications between the legislative and the military, in case of emergency, you are risking making everything you say seem like it it could be total and utter BS.

Furthermore, if you really do believe because you know someone and have spoken to them they tell you the truth in all situations you are again showing how fundamentally naive your view of the world is.

So i applaud your straight up straight bat attitude, but really, you could do with listening to a few people who actually know what goes on behind the scenes and quit being so blindly accepting of people you know being honest and forthright 100% of the time

I've searched through your posts so apologies if you have addressed this previously, but it's worth bringing it up here. The claim is that, there a is channel for communications that is private between NASA and the various missions. Is that just BS and what evidence is there to show it is BS?. If it is not BS why doesn't NASA release all the tapes from those chats on-line so we can hear for ourselves how much moonshine the whole Astronauts and UFOs thing really is?
edit on 29-10-2010 by FireMoon because: spelling for a change

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko

The problem I see with that is that I don't know of any aging astronaut who says he saw UFOs in space. Not one.

Now I do have an issue with this statement as I have read on a number of occasions astronauts seeing things out of the windows on the way to the moon, in orbit and during other activities. Are you sure you have your facts straight Jim? If I recall correctly I do believe the Apollo missions had a number of cases where "Objects" were observed close to the capsules. I highly doubt any astronaut at the time would come out and call them "UFO's" because of the fear of ridicule but "unknown objects" is kind of the same thing is it not?

Don't play games with the meaning of 'UFO' -- flight crews and TV were supposed to keep eyes open for any visual cues to spacecraft malfunction or other hazards, and did so to the extent that there were special Apollo-era procedures for 'moon pigeon' sightings.

Here's the link:
www.jamesoberg.com...

Here's a story I wrote for NBC on why it might be critical to spot strange stuff outside:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Nobody to my knowledge ever concluded that anything seen was inexplicable or inherently alien, which is what everybody uses for the definition of 'UFO'.
edit on 29-10-2010 by JimOberg because: added link

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by rusethorcain

your point is what exactly? who is dan pinchas?. another ufo guy?. was he present at the alleged incident?.

thanks

rich

I take it you don't believe some UFO's are from off planet, Rich...?

If it were impossible to consider I'd say you might have a point yourself...however not only is it not im-possible, science tells us it is highly unlikely we are alone in the universe.

Your argument is LESS likely.

So - You have very little basis to argue UFO's DON"T EXIST based on prevailing knowledge, expert opinion, testimony and evidence. That is my point.
(your whole argument rests on "earthlings are not in 100% agreement"... yet)
and there is no museum we can go and see aliens in... You can't say people have not seen them because they have. You can't say we have no physical evidence because we do.

Very few scientists doubt the genuine possibility and even the likelihood of UFO's.
Many armchair "skeptics" however do.
These folks are not technically skeptics since "skeptics" leave room for the remote possibility.
These others... (let's call them propagandist's) are somehow CERTAIN UFO's do NOT exist and plaster this unforeseen knowledge all over the internet.
How likely is it they...(who've never seen a UFO) are going to be "right" and everyone else who says they did, (many experts in the field of aviation and space) all wrong?

Dan Pinchas is a grain of sand in a mountain.
Throw him aside if you want to...look at the rest of the mountain.

I don't think I can say anything more that will help you understand.
Nor is it my wish or intent to do so. I hope you enjoy your day though!
edit on 29-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

"While they may be astronauts (don't get it twisted, this is not an attack on them or their accomplishments; these men are my heroes), these claims about them confirming anything about extraterrestrials is based on their opinion and stature, not their knowledge."

I must respectfully disagree with the above comment. The astronauts are highly trained scientists/engineers/technicians, etc. not just movie star celebs/heroes. Not only are they highly trained, but they get to observe from OUTER space! If it was space junk, I'm sure they were trained to know space junk when they see it.....ice crystals? dust? satellites?, etc...they know how to identify all of that. I suggest that of any persons on planet Earth that would make a most credible witness - the astronauts would most certainly be right up there at the top of the list.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO.... 1st page of this thread has a few buzz aldrin vids.. I watched them yesterday. He explains what he saw.. and that they double checked with houston to make sure he wasnt seeing one of the shuttle's rockets in the foreground
edit on 29-10-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

Please consider whether you want to make factual corrections to this statement. You're getting a bit careless, I'm afraid.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I've searched through your posts so i apologies if you have addressed this previously, but it's worth bringing it up here. The claim is that their a is channel for communications that is private between NASA and the various missions. Is that just BS and what evidence is there to show it is BS?. If it is not BS why doesn't NASA release all the tapes from those chats on-line so we can hear for ourselves how much moonshine the whole Astronauts and UFOs thing really is?

Being an avid Amateur Radio Operator who has made numerous communications with the ISS during various passes with my antenna array, I can tell you straight up that they do indeed encrypt communications on a separate frequency and on a regular basis. I even have recordings of these communications and can tell you the type of encryption algorithm used. They use a commercial encryption mode which is called APCO 25, or "Project 25" usually on the frequency 2255.000mhz wide FM. There is also encrypted data being broadcast on sideband channels which make up a broadband frequency of around 15khz.

And before anyone asks can you "decipher" the algorithm, no, absolutely not. Look up "Apco 25 Encryption" and the way it works then you will understand why.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
I've searched through your posts so apologies if you have addressed this previously, but it's worth bringing it up here. The claim is that, there a is channel for communications that is private between NASA and the various missions. Is that just BS and what evidence is there to show it is BS?. If it is not BS why doesn't NASA release all the tapes from those chats on-line so we can hear for ourselves how much moonshine the whole Astronauts and UFOs thing really is?

Through Apollo there were only a few channels but when used for private medical or family conversations, the hard lines to the rest of the control center were physically unplugged. But of course, if needed, that same protocol could be used for private conversations of any nature.

For Skylab there also was an audio tape system that dumped at high rate periodically. It wasn't always running, but often it caught the crew making embarrassing comments such as hiding cases of space sickness.

At least in those years the voice was over S-band and some in UHF/VHF so amateurs on the ground could and did hear raw voice. Never seemed to be any discrepancies.

On shuttle, and ISS, with voice digitally encoded on the main Ku-band telemetry stream, radio amateurs no longer had the ability to eavesdrop, except during launch/landing and spacewalks when UHF backup links were activated. There can be several different voice loops working simo now, and NASA can pretty well reveal/conceal what they want. The people who listen in for Public Affairs tell me they've never felt the need to interupt a voice line they were listening to, but they can't listen to them all either.

None of the conversations I was linked into at the MCC, from shuttle missions from 1981 through 1995 or so, ever seemed to 'drop' any audio. But I wasn't trying to listen to them all either.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Jim... i think you're a using a straight bat about what you believe to be the case.

I'm not having a pop at you FireMoon, but i reckon you should think again mate!

Five minutes searching YouTube for recorded NASA astronauts talking about UFO sightings DURING missions, will find more than enough evidence from US astronauts who are talking about seeing ALIEN craft.

They don't mention ice crystals, 'foreign craft', space junk...they specifically say the words 'ALIEN SPACECRAFT'.

Not too much ambiguity there then!

For Oberg to claim that he knows of no instance where a US astronaut has claimed to see anything inexplicable is an out and out falsehood. He's lying...the astronauts say it often.

If he was on the level, he'd admit this, but he claims ignorance of it.

I'll dig out some videos and audio files i have (NASA) to prove what Oberg is telling us is a heap of steaming BS.

But really, ANY of you, if you wanted to know for yourselves can spend literally a few minutes searching YT, and find these authentic videos yourself.

Some of what is said and shown can leave no doubt as to the existence of ET craft on and around our solar system.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanForKucinich
... The astronauts are highly trained scientists/engineers/technicians, etc. not just movie star celebs/heroes. Not only are they highly trained, but they get to observe from OUTER space! If it was space junk, I'm sure they were trained to know space junk when they see it.....ice crystals? dust? satellites?, etc...they know how to identify all of that. I suggest that of any persons on planet Earth that would make a most credible witness - the astronauts would most certainly be right up there at the top of the list.

Dear SForK, you're still laboring under the questionable attitude that the quotes you see about seeing unexplainably alien stuff while on spaceflights is even authentic.

Regarding the specific case of this thread, STS-80, I have provided two quotations from two of the crewmembers who agree that the youtube/internet allegation that the dots outside their window were aliens, is totally bogus.

Do you believe them, as you should, if your description of their observational skills is accurate?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
When I read up on this, the profound implications are always overshadowed with a simple curiousity of what type propulsion they are using...
I think the most interesting thing about a potential disclosure of extraterrestrials visiting earth to me would be not who they are or where they are from...that seems just a stastical fact that there are plenty of other planets housing advanced races...but how they got here to begin with, and which theory we have kicking around on earth now is the fact and which ones are bunk.

I suspect it might be the bending points in space theory moreso than any dimensional crossing back and forth...I would be curious to hear how they developed such a technology to begin with without ending up destroying their planet in the process.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Five minutes searching YouTube for recorded NASA astronauts talking about UFO sightings DURING missions, will find more than enough evidence from US astronauts who are talking about seeing ALIEN craft. They don't mention ice crystals, 'foreign craft', space junk...they specifically say the words 'ALIEN SPACECRAFT'.

Not too much ambiguity there then! For Oberg to claim that he knows of no instance where a US astronaut has claimed to see anything inexplicable is an out and out falsehood. He's lying...the astronauts say it often.

Oh, goodie [rubs hands, quietly cackles], Spikey, are you ready
to fight and die for the authenticity of the 'alien spacecraft in view'
tape? Have you written your will yet?

No need for any suspense. Here's the fact you seem unaware of:
the UFO buff who first recorded the words soon became convinced
it was a prank, and not a genuine space transmission at all.

Here's Don Ratsch's retraction message :

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 18:51:37 -0800
Subject: Re: NASA WAV file
To: [email protected] (Brian Zeiler)

Brian, yes I have the full story on that. The details was carried on
the July 1989 issue of the MUFON Journal. Briefly I recorded some of
the radio broadcast via my audio scanner from the space shuttle
Discovery through WA3NAN, the club station of the Goddard Amateur Radio
Club at Greenbelt, Md, transmitting on 147.450 MHZ. It is a
retransmission from the NASA Select original. I heard what I thought
was one of the male astronauts saying, "Houston, Discovery, we still
have the alien spacecraft under observance". Well I was pretty excited
and got in touch with Walt Andrus of MUFON and Vince Dipietro (Mars
Face Fame) who is employed at Goddard Space Flight Center who I later
handed over the tape to have a voice print analysis performed to
compare the target voice to the astronauts' voices that were aboard
during that mission. The result of the analysis showed that a few
positive hits on Astronaut Bagian (the physician on board) but not
enough hits to say he was the one who said the target words. So the
results were inconclusive. Later a check showed there was no target
voice on the original NASA Select audio.

About a year after that, I was again monitoring the audio from another NASA
mission via my scanner and I heard that voice again, saying something similar
to the target voice a year earlier. However on this mission, all the
astronauts were different compared to the other one. This led me to conclude
that unfortunately, the target voice was a hoax probably from an amateur
radio operator.

Jim Oberg emailed me some time ago and asked me about
that case and I told him what I just told you.

edit on 29-10-2010 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

If they have some sort of warp drive capable of warping space-time around their ship, then perhaps it is possible to travel faster than light speed, since in effect, they would not be "travelling" per se, just jumping around.

Crazy stuff that they are here..

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dantas
Fantastic post. I am not 100% sure what we see are "UFOs". The light could be the angle of the nasa craft getting into a position where it can see the reflection of the sun off the objects but I certainly can't debunk this. The formation and way the objects seem to move into position seems intelligent. I am a Christian but have no doubts we are not the only living being in the universe, to think so is arrogant. The Holy Bible does not say we are the only life and in fact does have some passages that can be interpreted as sightings of alien craft.

I just wish the government would finally come out and give up the goods on what they know. I believe society is ready to hear it. Nothing anyone can do about it whether we know or not and that evidence wouldn't change the rules and regulations we live under so I don't see a problem, might even bring us together as a human race. Thats the one thing we all have in common regardless of political or religious beliefs.

Bolded emphasis mine - I get so sick of hearing this argument. I can't speak for all of us "debunkers", but from what I've posted myself and what others have posted - we are not saying that "aliens" do not exist. We are saying that we do not believe these "aliens" are visiting Earth. First off it would seem highly unlikely that faster than light travel is possible and saying that the aliens have a far superior grasp of physics and such is just hopeful conjecture akin to religious faith. And secondly, if we just assume for arguments sake that the aliens are capable of interstellar travel - why are you so arrogant to believe that they must be visiting us?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I just wish these witnesses would have come out back in the day. I would love to believe these people, but I hesitate to believe anyone who comes out 30-40-50 years later.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO

Gave you a star because that's a beauty of an image - I'm not 100% convinced you would see an object at the altitude mentioned unless it was extremely large though.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It really shouldn't be hard to come to a conclusion that something is definitely going on. I originally came to ATS criticizing members postings for UFO sightings and the like. Of course I've always had an interest in this subject or I wouldn't have never found this site. I've always tried to discourage people from talking about this subject because of the credibility that can be lost when discussing your beliefs in this area. i.e. Police officers, clergy, politicians (who'll believe them anyhow) are among reputable people whom lay claim to seeing UFOs.

What I'm trying to say is sleptics will always try an scrutinize such people and label them mentally unstable just for the mere fact that they didn't witness an unidentifiable sighting.

Well let's look at some facts.

Fact 1: Objects in the sky has been recorded thoughout history, well before the invention of balloons and
airplanes.
Fact 2: The universe is literally billions of times larger than what was even accepted as fact 50 years ago.
Fact 3: Physicists, especially Einstein, gave mankind theories that just blew everything what man thought he
knew out of the water and the Theory of Relativity doesn't disprove the possibilty of time travel.
Fact 4: Teleportation, something that was once science fiction, is now fact.
Fact 5: Theories now suggest that there are many dimensions parallel to the one we exist in.

Given all these facts, it's safe to conclude that something unknown to us is being observed. It may be very well that with new theories, we may not be witnessing extraterrestrials but in fact may be witnessing extradimensional beings. Then again, we may be witnessing our own species being warped through time itself.

The universe is unimaginably immense. Unless extra-terretrials have figured out how to manipulate space/time, I find it unlikely that they'll want to travel around the universe even at the speed of light.

I will conclude that something is being witnessed and until we are able to explain it, there will always be skeptics about this subject.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join