It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famed NASA Astronaut almost, kind of, (not really) says Extraterrestrials are here!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon
US Astronaut Buzz Aldrin explains Apollo XI UFO sighting
EDGAR MITCHELL INTERVIEW : UFO EXIST,ALIEN EXIST
Alan Shepard and Ufos
John Blaha Astronaut: "Huston this is Discovery, we still have the alien spacecraft under observance....."

Crazy........ fools..... They are all crazy........?

Happy to address each one once we get the Musgrave/STS-80 claim behind us. What's your assessment of my offered prosaic hypothesis? What's your assessment of the testimony of thwo of the men on board?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by JimOberg

Interesting and informed analysis , thanks .
But I'm still not 100% that is what we are seeing , I'm not saying your wrong just that I'm not convinced

I'm interested to know if there is any space shuttle footage you would consider anomalous Jim ? .

Could I ask you what part of Jim's analysis does not convince you that what we are seeing is as explained in the pasted emails from the very people that the OP has attributed claims of ET's?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
Why is Clark McLelland not legit? (Don't know much at all about him)

Because he is less-than-honest about his time at NASA. While he may not be outright lying, he certainly creates a false impression and does nothing to correct it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Are all crazy these Astronauts?

False attribution and misquotes about these men aside, you are relying on two logical fallacies to make your case, an appeal-to-authority and a false dichotomy (wrapped in a straw-man appeal-to-ridicule)

While they may be astronauts (don't get it twisted, this is not an attack on them or their accomplishments; these men are my heroes), these claims about them confirming anything about extraterrestrials is based on their opinion and stature, not their knowledge.

Then you present only two implications, that either they saw alien craft or they are crazy, as the only two possibilities. This is simply not so, as has been pointed out in other threads on this topic ad nauseum.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon

Yes, he calls it a "monolith" which means "singular rock". You can think this is alien, if you ignore completely what Buzz says at the end of the video.

Astronaut Gordon Cooper Talks About UFOs

As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is an appeal-to-authority. He saw a UFO, certainly, and who knows what he saw, and he did believe the government covers-up knowledge of extraterrestrials, but this is based on his opinion not any knowledge gleaned while an astronaut.

US Astronaut Buzz Aldrin explains Apollo XI UFO sighting

Buzz saw the adapter panel that fit between the third-stage and the lunar module; that is from his own mouth in the video.

EDGAR MITCHELL INTERVIEW : UFO EXIST,ALIEN EXIST

Another appeal-to-authority. Mitchell's claims are not based on his time as an astronaut, but what hitherto anonymous whistle-blowers have supposedly told him.

The other two I will have to leave to someone else, as I am running out of time.
edit on 28-10-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think that now that nasa is cutting back on staff, more ex employee's will come forward and tell what they know. The truth is out there. They are here, and more are coming. Whether you believe or not I don't think it matters. The fact that we are discussing this is progress. part of the evolution of our species to evolve beyond our home world

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I think that now that nasa is cutting back on staff, more ex employee's will come forward and tell what they know. The truth is out there. They are here, and more are coming. Whether you believe or not I don't think it matters. The fact that we are discussing this is progress. part of the evolution of our species to evolve beyond our home world

I interpret this to mean you acknowledge the evidence presented so far does not prove the claims, but that you are confident that somewhere, someday, somehow, new evidence will appear to prove to your friends and family that you were right all along. And it could happen. But now we need to address the evidence that we currently have, not the miraculous evidence that some of us HOPE to someday have.

The OP raised the claim that Story Musgrave saw UFOs on STS-80 and that the videos prove it. What is the argument in support of this claim?
edit on 29-10-2010 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is an appeal-to-authority. He saw a UFO, certainly, and who knows what he saw, and he did believe the government covers-up knowledge of extraterrestrials, but this is based on his opinion not any knowledge gleaned while an astronaut.

What of it? UFOs are an aerial phenomenon. A sighting by an experienced aviator, especially one who goes on to become an astronaut, is worthy of a closer look. The "appeal-to-authority" meme is just a cliche to throw out there when all the usual cliches don't fit. When the witness isn't a professional, bash the witness' lack of credentials. When the credentials are there, trot out this tired non-point.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Many of the things these astronauts have said have been taken WAY out of context to suit specific agenda's. That does not mean these men haven't seen something unknown during spaceflight. I fully believe these astronauts saw something during their missions, what those objects are is not known and is anyone's guess.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I don't really care if my friends and family believe me or not. I don't need or want there validation. I know what I know. The fact that an INSIDER, another ex NASA Astronaut is coming forward speaks volumes.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFO Partisan

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

What of it? UFOs are an aerial phenomenon. A sighting by an experienced aviator, especially one who goes on to become an astronaut, is worthy of a closer look. ....

And on what basis do you conclude that nobody else has ever taken a closer look at these claims and published the results? Did you make any internet search? Try it!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
I don't really care if my friends and family believe me or not. I don't need or want there validation. I know what I know. The fact that an INSIDER, another ex NASA Astronaut is coming forward speaks volumes.

All you can say with confidence is that some UFO nut CLAIMED an astronaut had this experience.

What's the evidence that it actually happened and is unexplainable?

Do you believe everything anybody tells you that excites or thrills you?

Or do you make a reasonable effort to seek a balancing viewpoint and compare the pro-con arguments?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Sorry to pull rank on the thread... but this is worth listening to... Note how he also let's slip during his discourse that the American planes on Bentwaters did indeed carry nuclear weapons and let's be honest, given the guy's position in NATO if anyone knew he did.. Given who this guy was, what he was responsible for and the way his questions were treated by those in power do you honestly think a few Astronauts are ever going to totally candid or even remotely in the loop about what is truly going on?

It's audio only and was recorded not that long before Lord Hill Norton's death.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I think the best 'ufo evidence' there is, are the STS missions.

Even the one regarding Dr. Musgrave, sts-80. Search youtube for 'sts-80' and you'll see a ton of ufo nasa vids.

"During an earlier interview, Dr. Musgrave stated he attempted to communicate with ET life forms during each of his six missions. He actually asked them to take him with them. Now that's an astronaut with a lot of courage. Dr. Musgrave retired after this flight from NASA."

THAT is cool. But it makes me wonder if he got any communication back, and why would he retire after this mission?
www.youtube.com...

He made it sound like the dream job for him, using all of his past experiences in life that made him able to be selected as an astronaut. Then retires after he sees ETs and attempts contact? Strange..
Maybe he then found out he wasn't 'allowed' to leave.. haha

also

edit on 29-10-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
They are reputable astronauts - would love to see the vid if it can be found.

The astronauts may be credble but the article posted is not. I am no scientist but airplane cruising altitude of 36,000 feet, or 7.5 miles, is above the clouds. No way an astronaut sees anything "emerging from the clouds" from 190 miles up, let alone the rotation of the object.

I know evryone wants to believe, but Learn to read critically.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dawgishly

Originally posted by crazydaisy
They are reputable astronauts - would love to see the vid if it can be found.

The astronauts may be credble but the article posted is not. I am no scientist but airplane cruising altitude of 36,000 feet, or 7.5 miles, is above the clouds. No way an astronaut sees anything "emerging from the clouds" from 190 miles up, let alone the rotation of the object.

I know evryone wants to believe, but Learn to read critically.

Really?

Maybe if you had glasses you couldn't see that far...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Why is it that when people bring up Aldrin's monolith footage, his account is interpreted to be a geologic feature, when he CLEARLY asks, "WHO" put it there?

I don't know about you, but when I describe amazing geological features, I never ponder - out loud even - about WHO put said feature there.

So, Buzz, a guy who's seen (and been inside) countless aircraft, is an idiot, that doesn't know the difference between a "space rock" and an "artificial monolith"?

Why is it that people completely ignore the fact that Buzz himself ponders "who" put it there? The universe? Right.

Go back to being a 1) crazy, or 2) an ignorant fool, mister astronaut man. Your credibility means nothing to us armchair astrophysicists.

*rolls eyes*

No matter how hard you try and ignore, or pervert interpretations folks, that was a very odd way to talk about a naturally occurring geological feature.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

By no means -- the crazies are the folks who actually believe these made-up stories in the internet uforia.

Listen, are you implying that you think all the sightings that get reported are legit? Because if you aren't, I am interested to know which ones you think ARE hoaxes. I hate to say this, but there have been many hoaxes--and there will continue to be many more. There have been Chinese lanterns mistaken for UFO's. Do you think there haven't been? I'm not a skeptic, I'm just tryin' to keep it real, here.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I would just like to add that nobody can be trusted in this game. Have you noticed how every astronaut, ex area 51 employee anyone that speaks out about extraterrestrials is always discredited.

You can see a classic example of a discrediting process here - Julian Assange Discredit campaign basically anyone that goes up against the machine will indeed face the barrage of wrath!

I always advise to anyone that will listen - simply, go with what feels right with you? don't allow others to sway your opinions without looking fully into these things.

IMHO - Astronauts are the most reliable sources we will ever have when it comes to speaking out against NASA. There is not always a hidden agenda, some just simply want to get the truth out. Please remember this when others come on to this site and automatically say they cannot be trusted because.................

Certain members on this site do have agendas and that must be taken in to account.
edit on 29-10-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join