It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carlitomoore ~ Delayed Introduction & Thanks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ladies & Gentleman,

I have been a member here over two years now, and I gotta say that it has been a hell of a ride. This website has literally changed my life through the fact that I have found so much great information here, It has radically cahnged my way of thinking.

Just lately I have made some good friends here and have been introduced to a few mods who I have got to say, are great and they have realy changed my opinion of them. Some not all I may add.

I found some of the best documentaries I have ever seen here on ATS:

Best Alternative Docuementaries

I have found out about who are now two of my favourite comedians here on ATS:

Carlin & Hicks: Kings of Standup Comedy & Speakers of the Truth

I have become aware of things in the world that I never new existed here on ATS:

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

Some of the members here are also some of the best minds I have come across... I won't mention any particular names but the 'Dog' Is definately up there!

There are some amazing threads on the site also (most have been authored by Skyfloating so I suggest you start there, as well as all the other WATS top rankers). Below are three of mine which I would like to share with long standing members and newbies alike:

Most Underrated:

Afghanistan: The Modern Silk Road

Although I am biased, I believe this to be one of the msot underated threads on the site. There is literally enough information here to start 20 individual threads, and though there has been little input from other members I will continue to add to it until the day it gets the recognition it deserves!

Most Overated:

Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story

This was my first ever thread to get on the front board (and is now my biggest), though it is centred around a provocative article written by someone else. I am happy it got the attention it did because it needed addressing, but wish threads like the above got a little piece of the action.

My Favourite:

Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics Research & Resources Thread

This is my flagship and I still encourage people to share on it. The idea is basically to provide members with a database of information full of threads, links, videos & books etc. that are all things metaphysics, which is my favourite topic here on ATS. I hope it continues to grow and I would have loved it if even for a while this was 'pinned' to the top of the board. One can only hope!

I have finally reached Bronze Contributor Status (I think though I can't see it so might be wrong) and even though I am getting frustrated with aspects of the site at the minute, I still think it is the best site on the internet and I am going to try to keep contributing good quality content until the day that Obama turns off the switch!

Thank You, and hope to be seeing (and hearing) more of you in the future!

edit on 28-10-2010 by carlitomoore because: To Add Video Which Sums It All Up For Me!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

This website has literally changed my life through the fact that I have found so much great information here, It has radically cahnged my way of thinking.

Yeah, ATS does seem to have that effect on people.

Definitely has to me anyway and I really do feel like I've learnt so soo SOOO much by just being a member here and coming into contact with it's awesome members. I’m grateful for each and every one of them..

Here's to ATS.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Here Here! Nice to have a response from you RisingAgainst, you are a pillar of the community!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Welcome to the forum. I hope you find your place in this forum.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bulgogi

Thank You.

It can be an uphill, frustrating battle at times, but I hope it will have its benefits to us all in the end. Like a wise man once said:

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star.
Confucius

If you have something to share, then share it. The frustrating part is not everyone sees things in the same light as yo udo. For example, I find the following thread really important:

FOOD TRUTH: BPA

But no-one has given it as much attention as I think it deserves. As long as at at least 2 people recognise it, then I suppose I am happy

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Just to add, another thread that serves as a very good introduction to all things 'conspiracy' here on ATS, from an official viewpoint:

BBC CONSPIRACY FILES

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hi there people!

Its been a while since I have posted a thread on ATS, I am quite busy at the moment and researching several things at once.

I just wanted to share with you two projects I am working on in the mean time.

Carlito Conspiracy

I like ATS but I get frustrated with how forums work. Good quality material can get easily buried and swamped, and I have found that if you don't post all the information relevant in the Opening Post but say, 5 pages in, it dosn't get the exposure it deserves.

So I have made my own Wiki Page, and I hoped to build it up over time but it just seems like a burden doing it on your own, plus no-one visits it anyway! I would love it if some of the members here got involved and spread the word a little, we need never loose that vital peice of information again! I propose linking material to ATS so new members can benefit and proven members can contribute.

Forbidden Knowledge

This is my first ever blog, I know behind the times! I have ideas for around 30 blog posts at the minute and I am going to concentrate on developing this quite a lot. From what I hear, blogging is a very popular thing but again I am not getting any views! If there are any compassionate bloggers out ther could you maybe subscribe and give me some feedback? There is going to be a lot of resources posted there, so watch out for it.

Metaphysics Resource Thread

This is linked in my signature and can be seen as the first attempt at developing all three of these. I love to find out new things and I want us all to so the same and share it, but again, it didn't get that much contributions so my motivaton kind of faded away.

Mods, I understnad that we can't advertise here, but I think just because it is a member who has created the reources it shouldn't mean that they can't share those links with the community, so hope this thread dosn't infringe on anything.

This thread could be used as a discussion board for all three locations so we can keep them all free of clutter and full of content!

Spread the word and reap the rewards, if you look on the metaphysics thread I have a stack of Ebooks to share with those interested, just send me a message. Thanks for reading, hopefully you will getr creative with me!

All links are now in my signature, please spread the word and help an ATS member in need!

Carlitomoore

top topics

join