It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am from 1860, a timetraveller if you will

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Greetings, my name is Bernard

I was born in january 1840, in ealing, West London.

Around the age of 18, i got a job in my father`s shoe factory.

Things were looking up.

However, a couple of years later, one dark winters night in 1880, i was walking back from the factory and heard a whirling, crashing sound if you will, behind me.

I suddenly blacked out.

I awoke and looked around me, i felt like i was in a dream.
Everywhere looked different, there were flying machines in the sky, moving vehicles which did not require horses to pull, everything seemed inpossible.

After a few days i found out i had sliped through a black hole and found myself into the year 2004.

I was amazed. I couldnt believe it. Everything seemed so different. The modern world seemed almost another universe compared to that what i was used to.

I got a job in a butchers shop, i accepted very low pay, cash in hand, and a sofa in the attic. The money i was getting paid was probably less than i should have, but at the time i was just glad to have a job and accomodation.

Around 2008, i felt comfortable enough to use modern technology, and i started using a computer.
To me, they were fascinating, i simply couldnt believe these things existed. It took me a long time to get used to technology.

I now have several thousand pounds and have enough to rent my own flat and to comfortably live.

However, all is not okay.

It doesnt feel right.

This isnt my timeline, i need to be back

I need to be back with my family and friends.

Henceforth i have spent the last 5 months working on a machine to get me back to 1880.

The reason i am writing this is to beg for help, i need somebody, a scientist, a doctor, whoever, to help me.

Your money means nothing to me for when i return to my timeline it wont be worth anything, i am happy to pay as much as needed for any help in getting me back

I need help, and i need help now.

Bernard

Ps i do have evidence of who i am

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Ps i do have evidence of who i am

£10 says you don't

Buuuut, if you do, where is it then, Hmmm??

Btw, welcome to ATS. I think you're going to be fun.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
HA amazing ! no knowledge of science and it took you only a few days to figure out what a black hole was, and just how the hell it can impact time.

Genius. Go back in time please and never step foot hear again

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bernardtimetraveler

So if your a time traveler, where is your proof?

You should post it so as not to be treated like a nutter.

And if you had a banking account back then, it should have a considerable amount of money in it now, due to the interest racking up over such a long period of time.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Errr ummmm ummmmm....

Hey bernardtimetraveler. Welcome to ATS and to, err, this millennium! Gotta be a step up!

Somebody will show up in a few minutes to provide you with links that are important to read.

I look forward to seeing you in the threads.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Beef up this fictional story a bit and you could post it in the short story forum - halloween writing contest.
Good luck.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This makes me think of the cases throughout History about people that have disappeared into thin air in full view of peoples eyes, never to be found again.

That said, I am also a big sceptic regarding "Personal Stories" of this type, as I know that the Web is filled with Role-Players.

Do you, by any chance, know if your disappearence was reported and recorded by the time you disappeared?

link   

Originally posted by bernardtimetraveler
After a few days i found out i had sliped through a black hole and found myself into the year 2004.

Wait, you slipped into a black hole? As in, the supermassive singularities in space? How did you just, trip into one of these things? Wouldn't EVERYTHING around you be sucked into it?

Oh well, I guess not every rule of physics applied in the 1800's then.

Welcome to ATS.

P.S. You should get in contact with John Titor, he could be of aid to you.

link   
the evidence will be provided, but for now this is simply an introduction thread and i must abide by the rules that members without 20 posts may only create a thread in here

thank you
edit on 28-10-2010 by bernardtimetraveler because: (no reason given)

link   
Welcome time traveler! I'm surprised you made it 6 years! In 200 years viral pathogens have evolved a lot. Your immune system shouldn't have been able to survive 6 months under constant attack from these new strains. If that didn't get you, the heavy metal concentrations in the air/water/food have also decreased 10 fold. The instant detox should have been brutally painful if not fatal.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I know the secret, u2u me and we can discuss

I only ask one thing in return. When you arive I will give you a list of people to contact. I have a letter that needs to be given to someone.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Abiding by the rules means you provide evidence to back up your claim.

You have none at this time, so you will be treated accordingly....like a nutter....

Edited to add: It's not like I don't think time travel is impossible, just that a blackhole appearing behind you would have destroyed/sucked-in more stuff than just you.
edit on 28-10-2010 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, I see you posted this same story 271 days ago on Questionhub

- Phoenix

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ok I'll bite.

Bernard, there is no known method of time travel besides theories so i doubt any scientist or engineer will be able to help you. In the 1950's we discovered that time was relative. Not sure if this helps..

BTW, you didn't by chance make a stop in the 20's to cameo in a Charlie Chaplin film did you?
edit on 28-10-2010 by The Savage Khan because: replied to wrong poster

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bernardtimetraveler
the evidence will be provided in due course, but for now this is simple an introduction thread and i must abide by the rules

Rules say back up your claim. The introduction is the perfect place to do it.
Get the back and forth out of the way. So .... back it up bernard. We'll be awaiting your posts.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
1) You are being dishonest and it is easy to see.

2) If you are from the 18 hundreds, why is it that you have the annoying habit of not capitalizing the letter "I" when referring to yourself, a habit that has only recently plagued writers with the invention of social networking/text/computer-forums/etc?

3) Are you having fun playing games online?

4) Enjoy your stay on ATS...I'm sure it will be a long one...or not?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
wow, you'd better come up with a boatload of proof, and fast.

I'm calling Hoax.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Are we allowed to make flat out statements and offer up no proof?

You do say "I am from 1860....." not "I may be from 1860..."

I have to say, the evidence you are claiming you will provide in due course has me curious.

I wish you well, but my understanding is that lies on ATS are not tolerated so well. So, please can you
offer us the proof.? Many thanks.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
please lend me your ears, if you require evidence i will need the moderators permission to provide my photos and videos here

i will do it on two conditions

that you apologise for doubting me
and that you help me

thank you

bernard

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Im interested to see what kind of "proof" you have to back your time travel claim. A picture? an old coin? some kind of ID?

I suggest you post what ever proof you have now or forever be labeled as a nut job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join