It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Tattoos His Eyeballs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yikes! That is one headline I was not expecting! It looks kinda cool, but the risks! Sounds a little painful too, no?
No doubt we will see more of this now that someone has made the leap. How much further can one go with tatts than the ole eyeball? He did it himself too!

"I picked different colors cause I like mutations because I have birth defects," said Gone, who injected blue ink into his left eye and blue and green ink into his right.

Ophthalmologists say they don't like the looks of eye tattoos, arguing they can lead to infection that could cause blindness or even the loss of an eye.

www.aolnews.com...

Peace,
spec

ETA: I bet the cost of his vision insurance just went up!

edit on 28-10-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

This guy is genuinely insane. How did he have the guts to tattoo his own eyeballs?

Needles and eyeballs do not mix. I just had a cold shiver thinking about it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Regardless of ones opinions about what the guy have done, the only thing that was creepy about this, was the comments below the Youtube-clip. People saying things like; "I hope this is punishable by God"..? And; "He is Gay too"..?

Sheesh, comments like that in the year 2010.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

No doubt Nightchild! After reading youtube comments for years, it was quite refreshing to stumble upon ATS, where subjects can be discussed without all the immaturity, profanity and insults. Yea ATS T&C !!!
Those are some pretty crazy responses, like you say, wow!

spec

edit on 28-10-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: sp

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Pretty sure Dr. Josef Mengele did something fairly similar... Wasn't quite as comical though.

Fiver this guy goes blind this decade!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Fiver this guy goes blind this decade!

Judging by the vibe I got from the video, even the tattooed wonder seems a little jittery.

Where does he go from here? What's left to tattoo?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Really don't know where you go from there. I suspect if he's doing his eyes he must have had a go down stairs too. I once got an email of a guy who tatooed his bits to look like a dragon. Was actually pretty impressive if not a little creepy.

I think he's most definitely an artist, but not my cup of tea. Even the thought of my finger poking me in the eye is nasty. Never mind a needle.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Really don't know where you go from there. I suspect if he's doing his eyes he must have had a go down stairs too.

This is definitely one case where my lack of imagination does me favours!

I've always thought that tattooing is akin to self-harming.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's definitely not something I would do, but it's his body.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's definitely not something I would do, but it's his body.

Yes, but under what set of circumstances would he feel the need to go so far?

It's as though he is trying to obliterate his persona via the use of tattoos.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
Yes, but under what set of circumstances would he feel the need to go so far?

I don't know, but it's really none of my business. I think we try to justify other people's actions too much. Who cares why he did this? It's his body, his right.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It's his body, his right.

Yes! it is his body and his right. But surely you can acknowledge that he is pretty far gone?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

I don't know if I'd say he was "gone" or not. There are always those pushing the envelope and searching for distinction against the background of conformity and social norms. Plus this guy has a physical condition that probably eroded some of his self confidence along the way, so I don't think he is doing it for shock value so much as a personal expression. Of course that being said, I'm sure there is a little gratification in the responses he gets too. Sometimes we all like a little attention....

spec

ETA: I like the way his checkerboard design kind of camouflages his appearance, especially from the side when he is still. Maybe he could discreetly sit in on a Masonic gathering, blending in with the floor.

edit on 28-10-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

edit on Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:29:56 -0500 by Silver Star because: Backtracked

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Now if only someone would give him some attention he desperately seeks, someone please justify him!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

But surely you can acknowledge that he is pretty far gone?

I don't know what you mean by "far gone". He seemed perfectly sane to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
His behaviour sounds to be insane but i still aspire his courage ,because i would never dare to do so.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

He seemed perfectly sane to me.

I agree. He talks like a perfectly sane person.

But imagine (to use an analogy) arranging, lets say, a meeting with your bank manager over the phone. He sounds stern and professional, as you would expect, but when you turn up for the meeting you find he is dressed in a rubber chicken suit. You would suspect he was a fruitcake.

Yes, I know - that's a poor analogy - but I suppose what I'm trying to say is that the tattoo guy's extreme behaviour is symptomatic of fairly serious mental health problems.

I hope I'm not coming across as too judgemental. I'm just expressing my opinion and I'm not trying to rattle anyone's cage.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I hope I'm not coming across as too judgemental. I'm just expressing my opinion and I'm not trying to rattle anyone's cage.

I understand what you're saying. I think the people of the world are too judgmental in general. I seriously doubt this guy has any designs on being a bank manager.
People who tattoo their visible skin don't usually end up in such fields. More likely, he works in a tattoo shop or a motorcycle shop or something.

He's different-looking by choice. That doesn't mean he's mentally unhealthy. I'd like to see more people embracing those who have chosen to appear "different". And for what it's worth, I think we're all a little bit mentally unstable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join