It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged UFO hovers over Knott's Berry Farm 2010-10-26

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Saw this today from a few websites.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0927639ad184.jpg[/atsimg]

"This photo is extremely creepy," said Ryan Boone, who claims to have snapped the shot Tuesday before 10 p.m., while waiting in line to ride the Xcelerator rollercoaster.

The 31-year-old Beverly Hills resident sent the photo (original pic) to NBCLA. The photo, which Boone claims is not doctored, shows part of the coaster and looming above it, is a glowing, triangular object in the sky.

"At first I thought it had to be a glare, but there was nothing in the sky to glare off of," said Boone.

Source

Source

What do you think? He says that he took it with an iPhone camera, so who knows.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well I want to believe, but I also must try and apply any/all other possibilities and I am wondering, since the object is diamond shaped and has a point of light on on corner, could it be a reflection of that sign, which has a point of brightness on one corner too? I'm not sure but that is what popped up in my mind.
If not, well it is very interesting indeed and hope to hear more about it.

Peace,
spec

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It *might* be a lens flare caused by the bright light near the center of the picture. These sometimes assume rhomboidal shapes like this. Otherwise, it looks like a dimly illuminated, shallow conical disk, point downward, and seen from below. Ross

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Agreed a fake.

Was he the only one standing in line? Other witnesses? If this anomaly just pops up in his iPhone camera, well it just a camera anomaly, nothing special. Looks too good to be true.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

The relative brightness of the sign vs. the rest of the frame makes me think that we are seeing lens flare from the bright (and nearby) light source.

Maybe not, but it looks like flare to me. Not intentional on the part of the photographer, but an artifact nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
It *might* be a lens flare caused by the bright light near the center of the picture.

That's exactly what it is. An internal reflection of that light, which is in the exact same shape as the "UFO." See, this is an example of one of posts on this forum that make people get angry and want to berate anybody who takes it seriously.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Also could be altered with an iPhone app.

UFO Camera Gold

Also talked about here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a screen shot of the app:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e536d0f7e53.png[/atsimg]
edit on 28-10-2010 by OneisOne because: add screen shot

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
See, this is an example of one of posts on this forum that make people get angry and want to berate anybody who takes it seriously.

I dunno about that. Usually what gets people going is the whole "OMG PROOF", "Indisputible Evidence" etc...

However this is a forum for discussion and analysis amongst other things. If people get angry and feel the need to berate others people over a photo up for discussion, well then, thats a shame.

Back on topic though...As far as it being a relection, yeah, I suppose it very well could be, hence the word "Alleged".

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
It *might* be a lens flare caused by the bright light near the center of the picture. These sometimes assume rhomboidal shapes like this. Otherwise, it looks like a dimly illuminated, shallow conical disk, point downward, and seen from below. Ross

exactly this! 2 seconds and i thought same

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think it has something to do with the lighted sign in front of him.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yes, the shape of the light does closely follow that of the 'UFO', furnishing a likely explanation. It wouldn't occur to me to get angry at someone or berate them simply for not being aware of the phenomenon of internal reflections in a camera lens. As far as I can discern, neither the OP nor the picture taker made any definite claims about what the object was. Ross

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is strongly suggestive of a reflection. I outlined the lamp, copied it, changed the color and placed it on the object which appears to be an exact match.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e25e68c1eda.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4c2e4ca5d77.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 10/28/2010 by Three_moons because: I added the side by side comparison picture

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Thanks. Thats what I figured too.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

That looks weird. Could be lens glare like the others pointed out. It is kind of weird how lights can do that and cause the lens to glare.

new topics

top topics

join