It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of loud humming noise heard over city

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Nimrods are still in service. Two Nimrod R.1s are still operational and based at RAF Waddington in Lincolnshire. They will retire on 31st March 2011. See operational updates for Jan 2011 in Afghanistan.

www.raf.mod.uk...

www.raf.mod.uk...

TJ

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

i stand corrected. many thanks for the heads up and the links
2nd
f

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There have been recent earthquaked that are far from normal on the east and west coast of the UK. You guys from Cumbria and Hull both heard the same thing around the same time, so putting 2 & 2 together I could hypothesis that it's something to do with the fault lines that recently released stress either settling or disclocating, which is no bad thing, charges the plates and kinda fixes them together.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

No problem. Thanks for the reply.

TJ

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

hello tj
do you have any intel at hand as to replacement of the nimrods upon retirement? could it be put into the hands of the typhoons electronics suite?
regards f

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
reply to post by Jason88

Could it have been John Prescott's laxatives kicking in?

Sorry, genuinely interesting snippet I'll look out for more on this for sure.

Haha, might have been, maybe it's what we hear after he's been to Mr Chu's!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I live in Doncaster between the M18 and Robin Hood airport, this for me has become a regular occurrence being woken up by the noise between the hours of 4am an 6am. Usually its seems a very low frequency sound also at the edge of my perception. But last night it started off the same, maybe lasting 3 minutes a rolling alternating vibrant sound that fades and comes back, it eventually suddenly stops mid way through a loud part which I always found interesting, you then hear the background noise of vehicles traveling the motorway in the distance.
The usual obligatory couple of minutes wait for it coming back but nothing so go to the kitchen to get some water, I hear nothing until I get back up stairs then it starts again.
The same low frequency pattern starting perceptively low then amplifying but this time very loud ! it seem to emanate from every direction with the same peculiar rolling pattern. I changed rooms, opened windows but couldn't identify the direction. It was about 4:30 am dark with low cloud cover no discernible lights. Weather was calm with no wind or rain, very light traffic and definitely no flights, a car drove down my street as the sound continued.
I have lived here many years and I know the difference between the distant motorway road noise or planes taking off and landing when the cloud cover is low.
I know the difference between the sound of turbo prop an jet, in the past weeks I have tried to rationalise the sound from everything electrical in my house to noise the wind would make to distant vehicle noise .. nothing fits.
and to make it even stranger the noise last night when at its peak amplitude was such, it seem to be propagating from only inches away from my head no matter which way I faced it seemed to resonate inside my head like the way large mortar fireworks thump inside your chest when they go off.
All this time I've never thought to try and record it but next time i will be ready

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a friend of mine just heard the noise over Oshawa Ontario and got a recording of it...

www.facebook.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join