It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery of loud humming noise heard over city

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Mystery of loud humming noise heard over city What was it?: No one seems to have seen what caused the humming sound over parts of Hull and Holderness in the early hours of this morning.

Mystery surrounds the source of a loud "humming" noise heard by Hull residents last night. The Mail has received several calls from readers from across the city who heard the noise at about 2am. Some have speculated the noise was caused by a low-flying military aircraft. But Damien Elvin, spokesman for the Ministry of Defence, said it was not aware of any military aircraft in the area.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Jason88 because: formatting

edit on 28-10-2010 by Jason88 because: grrr more formatting

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The comments section is priceless with various firsthand accounts of the loud noise either fading out or abruptly stopping. All in all it sounds as though residents were terrified, and no airplane was spotted in the clear skies while the noise was happening.

What do you think it was? If I remember correctly there have been other mysterious humming noises reported throughout the globe....

(posted on behalf of new member ThePeopleParty).

www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
MAybe it was this?
www.sott.net...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
me and my girlfriend heard a humming noise like that too here in nyc. but the cloud cover was thick like it has been for awhile now. couldnt see the sky.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Could it have been John Prescott's laxatives kicking in?

Sorry, genuinely interesting snippet I'll look out for more on this for sure.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
experienced the same thing the other night.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Fascinating find!

"Something entirely new to us is causing this hum. Its frequency suggests something is 'twisting' the surface of the crust."

The frequency of the new signal suggests something is "twisting" the surface of the crust in some way, says Widmer-Schnidrig. When released, the crust swings back and forth because of its elasticity.

I didn't actually hear the hum as it happened in the UK and I'm in US.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
some angry noises in the heaven last night around 21:00 wed on the west coast of cumbria.i was on the shore line with husky. the wind was around 45mph. at 00:15 approx a loud humming resonated for half hour. quite strange.
f

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Thanks buddy

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think there is already an ongoing conspiracy with this phenomena.

Video

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

i hear that a lot in scotland, im not sure what it is, but i can here like a humming, i thought maybe it was my fridge so i unplugged it for a second and the humming noise continued....in scotland we have almost constant cloud cover so i cant see anything but i hear it probably three times on average a week..very annoying

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

I have not heard any of these noises in my area, but have been reading them on ATS. Would be interested...how did your dog react to this noise?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I found a recording of the sound

Check it out at the bottom of the article here: www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk...

It sounds like a plane to me. Whatever it is starts out high pitched and gradually gets lower, meaning whatever it is is moving past the person who recorded it. (due to the doppler effect)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by Jason88

i hear it probably three times on average a week..very annoying

I live in hull and didn`t hear it last night (asleep) but i also hear it 3 times a week.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I live in Hull for my sins, and was wide awake last night and I heard the noise quite clearly. It was nothing unusual, other than the lateness, it was the typical drone of a propeller driven plane. It went on an unusually long time, but other than that there was nothing different to the noise you might hear any other day of a plane flying over.

The tone and pitch of the noise was very distinct from the Police Helicopter, which spends an inordinate amount of time hovering close to where we live, so I would discount that as an option. Also Humberside Police have confirmed the helicopter was over the river flying around S#horpe at the time (bet that town gets edited for me. A large town in North Lincolnshire famous for steel making, S____thorpe, use a c, n, t, and u rearranged to get the place name.)

I'd also discount the Air Sea Rescue helicopter, the noise that makes t is very different to the noise last night.

My money would have gone on one of the Fokker 50 planes KLM use to fly between Aberdeen, Humberside, and Schipol airports to service the oil industry executives and others, but the time of night was wrong, and the sound did seem to be coming from high up. That said KLM look like they've moved to Fokker 70s since March, so maybe not one of theirs after all?

If it was between 1940 and 1943 I'd have put my money on the Luftwaffe as Hull was massively bombed then, few places in the UK suffered more than Hull, but as it is in the North nobody remembers or seems to care. Maybe it was a ghost bomber?

If the noise happens again tonight I will run out and scour the sky and try and record the noise and put it on here for everyone to have a listen.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I thought that the 7.53 herz hum of the earth was caused by the earths rotation? Could the fact that the moon is wobbling out of its natural orbit have something to do with the harmonics since it does put gravitational force on the Earth?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There is a thread about all of the worlds seismographs going haywire simultaneously as well!

The "clear skies" part is what fascinates me. I routinely hear odd noises in the sky, but there are so many natural phenomenons that could explain it. Echo off cloud cover, extremely high altitude military fly over, helicopters over the horizon, neighbors working inside garages, etc., etc.

It is odd that it is becoming loud enough and frequent enough to frighten people. I can't wait to read more.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

hi there,

i live in hull near the city centre, i didn't hear a thing but we are regularly overflown by the police helicopter, and air traffic going to humberside airport, we are also regularly overflown by eurofighters and other military aircraft, i used to see a lot of various military aircraft flying over the sutton fields area and circling the city when i worked up there at cosalt.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Im from hull too but i was asleep at that time lastnight.

They are saying now that it could be russians because we have had to scramble jets to them a couple of times in the last week. but if it was russians how did they get so far in land and why wasnt no jets at the time or afterwards?

Isnt there a map of british air space to check how far the russian planes would of had to fly through it with been detected by radar or been conciderd a threat?
edit on 28-10-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well is it possibly that it was a Russian bomber?

Link to Article on RAF Interception this week

that high pitched moaning is exactly what i would expect to here from a TU95

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join