It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found a piece of something this morning.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, What is it? Whether is it a piece a glass or rare rock, thats a heck of find on the ground!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hope you hear soon!

Must mention, tho' Had an anazazi pottery piece that I submitted to the local university, and after shuffling me around, I requested it back. Guess what? They...couldn't.........find.................it.

Sorry that's been my experience. Not to wish that on, don't hold thought forms!

I just love that piece you have! Color, color, color!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Very awesome find I must say. To the guy who said its a photoshop you my friend are what makes me sick of ATS sometimes.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thats a great find!

I did come across this page where someone is selling something similar and they say

My husband's grandfather got it from blasting when building railroad tracks

I'm not sure if that makes sense or not.
Can glass be created from the heat / pressure of dynamiting?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well I have about given up on UGA. So far dealing with them has been a total joke. I am going to try North Georgia College or something.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

You might have some luck over at this forum run by the British Natural History Museum
It's not that busy but there seems to be some experts from the museum posting there

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Did you ever find out what your strange glass is? I live in south central Oklahoma, and have found almost identical pieces of what looks like melted glass in my back yard. They're opaque green with sand melted into crevices, and a couple look like there's an object deep inside but there's no way to get a clear view of what it is. Some of the edges are very sharp and could easily be used as a cutting tool. I've found 5 pieces so far. Two are about the size of a medium sized apple. The others are slightly smaller. There were scattered all around the yard just under the surface. I would love to know what they are.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join