It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious questions to the Mason\'s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have a serious question, I am not trying to poke fun, ask things that are absolutely rediculous, or start a Mason's are devil worshipers thread.

I have worked in a many lodges, I am an electrician by trade, in them I have seen a very deep pit usually made of cinderblock and I havnt really seen the bottom it was always dark in there. Does this have anything to do with your ceremony's for lack of better terms or is it mearly a coincidence. and if it is something to do with your ceremony's or what not could you maybe elaborate on what it is or stands for? thanks for taking the time to explain. I beleive that ignorance sometimes causes conclusion jumping and that is not what I want to do here, that is why I ask.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

I do not think any Masons are going to answer this since they take an oath of silence. You may get lucky though.I'm going to say Master Mason initiation but that is just my educated guess.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I agree, and I thank you for your reply

I have more to say however I have think it best that no words I say will actually do any justice to this matter because they are my opinion and certainly not fact, just my perception.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You're in luck, we have such a pit at our lodge!

We use it for our annual pork BBQ.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

I have been to a lot of Lodges, I am a Master Mason, and a Past Master, and I have never seen a pit such as this. There is an occasion in the ceremonies to use such a pit, and I have seen one constructed outdoors and used for the ceremony and then filled back in, but I have never seen a permanent one.

Unfortunately this is one of those "spoilers" that cannot be shared. If I were to share it, it would ruin the experience for any would-be Masons. If you would like to know its use and meaning, join a Lodge.

I promise it is nothing nefarious, and we are not hiding all the secrets of the universe in a dark bottomless pit, and we are not conjuring evil spirits from the depths of hell! It is probaby no more than 2 feet deep, and you do not have to leave the lights off in the Lodge.

Lodges contain no secrets, please turn the lights on while you are working, unless of course you need them off for your electrical purposes, but surely once the work is done, you will want to turn the lights on and check your work? Take a look around, we encourage it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
the lights were off in that part of the building and I had to pass thru there to get where I was going. there was enough light to see where I was going and no need to turn on lights. I apreciate your honesty and I can also respect the secrecy about the matter. Thanks for your response

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm not a Mason, but it could be symbolic of "descent," which is basically what humanity is priming to do (albeit temporarily, I hope).

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Excellent answer GetReadyAlready..
I had my guess to what he was talking about as far as for ceremony but it is not my place to say anything regardless of me not being a brother. I respect you guys and your teachings.

top topics

join