It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Respect for Islam---- After Traveling to Morocco

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Syyth007

Yeah, every religion has them. However you dont hear of all the christian/hindu/catholic etc etc terrorists. All you hear is muslim this muslim that.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

i have travelled to indonesia, the second largest islamic country, many times, as well as throughout malaysia, and i found very little credence to the msm stereotypes of a backward people, and no sense of muslims being enemies of america. the truth is that in recent years the usa has made alot of enemies of ALL TYPES of people around the world with bad-policy. its not islam that is creating wars. its just a few islamic extremists and a few wack politicians pushing horrendous policy.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Spot on, Phoenix. It's a kind of respect that would only be made fun of here in the west. A few of the lads i met were from Kashmir and it was quite sad hearing first hand about such a beautiful place being hammered due to age old "ownership" rights......especially when these fellas considered themselves neither Indian or Pakistani, but Kashmiri!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Great thread. Thanks for starting it. When you were discussing begging as a problem it reminded me of my trip to the Dominican Republic. I found almost no one begging there for a hand-out, but instead everyone either had something to sell like a hand-made doll or carving, or offered some kind of service - like cleaning your shoes. I was actually very impressed by that. They didn't expect something for nothing.

When I see well-dressed kids and even adults with their hands out here in Canada expecting a buck or two for nothing, I have little compassion.

I am adding Morocco to my must see list!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

There is nothing in your post that is groundbreaking, nothing shocking, no wild claims or angry shouting....

Just a simple truth!

Thank you so much for a post that makes a refreshing change from the ignorant tirades, that many people spew, when talking about different cultures/beliefs/religions.

Big Star and Flag from me

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Sometimes a concept of not judging before you see it for yourself, or any sort of positive concept is like starlight in deep space. You can put it out in to the universe, but it doesn't always reach intelligent right away

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Great post Mr!

I've got a handful of muslim mates, I find it to be a very peacful and spritual religion - the 'terrorists' or' extremists' we see on the news aren't representative of most muslims - they have problems - the same as the IRA isn't representatve of most catholics.
I normally ask them alot of questions with regards to Islam and the terminology - to try to get the facts and combat dis-info.
I have travelled a fair bit, it was a real eye opening experience - most people will have an appifany - that we are all the same; living out our lives regardless of location or persuasion,

We have alot more in common than TPTB would have us believe.

With regards to any responses that say - they're attacking our boys in Iraq etc... - Wouldn't you want todo all you can to repell an invasive foreign force from your land? Empathise for a moment.

They isn't enough empathy in the world.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I don't think the majority of Americans have issues with Islam. I think we have issues with Radical Extremists, and we sat as much.

My one question though, and maybe you can answer it, is why don't people in the Islamic Faith challenge the extremists elements? They can denounce their actions, educate the public, etc, but I rarely if ever see this done.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
lol morocco is a dump and the people are not nice at all unless thier trying to sell sumthing.Im gonna piont out that in the last few months ATS has been centered around debating islam and not just in a conspiracy sense which is ok, but seriously what has your trip to an islamic country got to do with conspiracy, i'll tell you F*** all .Id also like to piont out that this website has been used by muslims of which i no who they are to spout all manner of lies about islam and you seem to be one of those people OP

I think this should not be in ATS and moved to BTS becuase if you want to PR islam do it sumwhere else

can a mod plz remove this thread it has no buissness here unless you want another islam debate/bash and have non muslim bashing thier heads off walls at the ignorance of muslims
edit on 29-10-2010 by KDM_Souljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Unfortunately it was not always as innocent as that. Women naturally catch the eye of men all over the world. What I am talking about is random men asking male backpackers if they would consider exchanging 2 camels for one of the female backpackers. Others said they would fly over the female backpacker's whole family and pay for the immigration if they were willing to marry the guy proposing. All I am saying is that I do not advise females to travel there alone unless they have family and friends there that can help them out. Women do not have the same rights in these kinds of countries as they do in the West. This is an important consideration before even holidaying over there.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
A more deserving question would be why are Americans so blinded by biased news , media and politics.
I also have travelled through Asia and Indonesia as well as Saudi Arabia, and I for one would much preffer the people there to the americans, they dont have any preconceived ideas that anyone owes them nothing, yet Americans are deluded in the fact they think everywhere should be run like their own country, Land of the FREE.
I am sorry but travelling will open youre eyes up to what the world thinks, and its not the americans view.

I did read somewhere that only 20% of USA has passports, maybe thats the issue?
edit on 29-10-2010 by blaenau2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
You would give the gift of religious tolerance and freedom to those that would not afford you the same considerations.
Islam is and has always been a political ideology with the express purpose of establishing the islamic caliphate over the entire world.
Its only purpose is to ensure that every man woman and child follow the sharia make no mistake there are no islamic moderates for all muslims belong to the islamic ummah (Community of the Believers)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

Americans make up the largest proportion of users on ATS. Americans that have not awoken are blinded by the media the same as every other western country is and too a similar degree as all countries have there own agenda, just look at the media in muslim countries ohh and i hope your a muslim when you go to saudi arabia and indonesia cos if your not you life will be a living hell should you try and set up shop their.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by evesoffspring
Hello to all ! This is my first post
I was lucky to holiday in Dubai 2 weeks ago, What an amazing place! Unbelievably friendly and very respectful.
everyone speaks english, all signs in english, super clean, did not see one piece of graffiti
Traveling with another 45+ woman I was worried that we would be harassed ! (been to Turkey, totally different story) well not once did we feel awkward, we even got a "ladies taxi" from the airport. The brand new metro has carriages for ladies and children and the buses have ladies only sections at the front.
We went to the centre for Islamic understanding and enjoyed a lovely cup of coffee with the resident Amman who had a fab American accent even though he's never been to the US.
I can honestly say I highly recommend Dubai and if all Muslims were like Emirates the world would be a wonderful place

Wow, National Geographic, hardly a conservative mouthpiece, did a piece on Dubai that dug just a little deeper in the society than you did, like who is the working class and what is their condition and their rights? You're like a time traveler who went to the ante-bellum South, and was awed with the Southern manners and society without noticing that the society was built on slavery. Wow, just, wow.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I just received this podcast from the ugly truth wp.me... theuglytruth.podbean.com...
Yvonne Ridley of PressTV’s ‘The Agenda’ joins the program to talk about her capture and imprisonment by the Taliban and her subsequent conversion to Islam as well as other issues dealing with the Middle East situation.

It is a very interesting interview and worth a listen .....peace edit to add the link use the second one

edit on 29-10-2010 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I was in Morocco once and it changed my view on Islamic country forever. They are not only normal people but majority of them are much better than us. Crime is something which is unusual in Morocco. Completely different than in any European country. People in Morocco live very peacefully. They are much nicer in usual interpersonal contacts and what surprise me most you could arrange with them on anything and their word is much more worthy than signed paper in Europe. Moroccan honesty was for me something which surprise me most. This is what we lost in Europe long time ago.
For example we agreed with a taxi driver that he would take us to the beach and then he would return for us in tree hour. He didn't take a money after first part of the deal when we left him. We paid him after he took us beck. It was unbelievable for me that in Europe any taxi driver would took me to some place and I would say to him "lets meet here in three hours time" and live him without paying. He trusted us. This example says much about Moroccan mentality.

If we talk about women in Morocco my friend had no problem in picking up girls even if they were with other Moroccans. Majority of womens do what they want to do. Some of them looks a bit conservative Muslims but especially in the countryside and it works fine too. Its part of their tradition. They don't suffer because of this. Even in Europe women are not treated so good often.

What more, because of their religion and traditions they don't drink alcohol in such amounts like us. Compeering to them almost all of us are alcoholics.

Feel realty good n Morocco, so pure and untouched by this crazy globalized world. They are so far from all this dirty politic. For their luck they have no oil and 60% of energy from water power plants.

One more interesting stereotype which collapsed during my Morocco journey. They like Jews. Jews escaped from Spain many hundred years ago after persecutions and stayed in Morocco with peace and balance since 1949 when many of them live Morocco and go to Israel. But many of them travels to Morocco often to visit county of their ancestors and they are always welcome.

When I saw all of this I convince that by myself I understood that all of this propaganda about Muslims in our medias is complete lie.
edit on 29-10-2010 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2010 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

Morocco has a big part to play in crime, just becuase you think they dont have much crime compared to europe you neglect to tell us all that morocco's main export is crime,drugs,and human trafficking into europe,
Sad how people can just paint a rosey picture of these places i suppose you must have been smoking suum dodgy hubbly bubbly moroccan style

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

F&S

It's amazing to see that there still are people that understand. Muslims, Buddhists, Christians, Jews, Hindus and EVERYONE else are humans, like me and you. We bleed the same blood. We breathe in the same exact way. We have the exact same brain patterns ... and we ALL have our extremists, like it or not. We ALL killed/kill people in the name of something greater ( the Oil god comes to mind ?), and like it or not ... this is the plain truth.

I first saw your thread in the morning, while quickly browsing ATS and GLP on my mobile phone for news while sipping the coffee, and it's the first front page thread in quite a while that made me genuinely smile.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
One of these days I hope to travel to one of these countries and experience it for myself.

I'd especially like to go to Iran, it looks very interesting.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah
lol morocco is a dump and the people are not nice at all unless thier trying to sell sumthing.Im gonna piont out that in the last few months ATS has been centered around debating islam and not just in a conspiracy sense which is ok, but seriously what has your trip to an islamic country got to do with conspiracy, i'll tell you F*** all .Id also like to piont out that this website has been used by muslims of which i no who they are to spout all manner of lies about islam and you seem to be one of those people OP

I think this should not be in ATS and moved to BTS becuase if you want to PR islam do it sumwhere else

can a mod plz remove this thread it has no buissness here unless you want another islam debate/bash and have non muslim bashing thier heads off walls at the ignorance of muslims
edit on 29-10-2010 by KDM_Souljah because: (no reason given)

Perhaps if you learned to spell properly, used punctuation and grammer correctly, and used less profanities, somebody might take you seriously .... your ignorance is on show.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join