It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Respect for Islam---- After Traveling to Morocco

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

What?! You are putting this down to a typo? You must have some pretty fat fingers if Abu Bakr becomes Al Bakh. Anyhow, my original point stands.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
reply to post by MMPI2

What?! You are putting this down to a typo? You must have some pretty fat fingers if Abu Bakr becomes Al Bakh. Anyhow, my original point stands.

Yeah, stands, and then fell flat on its face.

You still have not refuted the points integral to post.

You lost. Soundly.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I disagree with your thread title

I have been to Morocco and it isnt Islam that makes Morrocco a nice place, its the Moroccans themselves

and not all Morroccans are Muslim

If you have any respect it should not be for a Religion that is trying to control it but for the People who dont care what religion you are

Just because Islam is portrayed as "nice" in one country doesnt make it standard for the whole religion

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Smiler74

Well said! Star for joo!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by lobo2099
reply to post by MRuss

..... you sound like a dis-info agent, possibly muslim yourself. islam is a plague

Running into your post after the op was like hitting a wall, not a pleasant experience, wow such tenacious commitment to a series of false impressions.

Great OP MrRuss, I seriously don't know where the 2nd poster is coming from, I guess way below yourself

Unfortunately some people will use any oppourtunity to trash and demonize that of which they know clearly nothing of. Hate and more hate is all some will ever know. People like this continue to remain what is fundamentally the problem.

To the OP :

Thank you for your insight. Kudos, Star and Flag for you for using this as an avenue to dispell and eliminate the rhetoric surrounding the West's interpitation of Islam. You went there on your own free will and was able to report back a pleasant experience. If more people went to places like this perhaps thier total view on the world wouldn't be so negative and full of hate.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Smiler74

I agree with you that nice people come in all religious flavours. They are so in spite of their religion; not because of it.

Good people use their religious beliefs carefully to help them do good things. Bad people use religion deviously to do the bad things they already have it in their heart to do.

Why have the Abrahimic religions been so inclined to bringing out the bad in people? I'll answer my own question, probably the politics behind them.

You don't often hear about aggressive Buddhists, do you? It seems the Buddha didn't leave much room for wrong interpretation of his message.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Not that it is really related to the topic of this thread, or that I consider all buddhists to be like this, but just to inform you that there certainly ARE "officially" violent buddhists. Of course, as you said, nice people and bad people come in all religious flavours. A very obvious example is in Myanmar, where a militant Buddhist regime has been in power, with an official policy to "Burmise" the minority (non-buddhist) groups with a habit of suppression of non-state religions, forced conversions, "assisted conversions" by making it impossible to live there while being non-buddhist, state sponsored rape and torture, and kidnapping of children into the army. And remember, this is Theravada Buddhism, the supposedly more inspired version.
edit on 4-11-2010 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I ve been to Morocco and loved it! The food was amazing. The only thing i found a bit irritating was when i wanted to pay by credit card. They looked at me suspiciously.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The second post should be put back. Lobo's ignorance should be part of this site. We can deny it, but it should be visible. Many who think Isalm is an evil religion stay ignorant because we shun them. We can slowly bring them to the light.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Interesting how the divide of cultures is opening up before our eyes.
You're absolutely correct that most people of Muslim nations are exceptionally friendly, overwhelming in their hospitality & peaceful, law abiding citizens.
I have one question though. What would happen to me in Morocco, Algeria, Somalia or Lybia if I were to open a centre for Christian worship. Not a Christian church officially, no banner or sign on the wall outside... just open my doors to fellow Christians in the area where they could congregate in worship?

No need to answer that, there's plenty of video proof out there, (not just YouTube) that shows exactly what happens in an area where the religion of peace is predominant.

I won't post the the scripture myself because that would be haram wouldn't it?, but I would like to ask any Muslim to quote the Surah that states man shall worship only one God. I'd also ask him/her to offer a formal welcome to worship the faith of their choice publicly & openly in any Middle Eastern or North African country.

First to post without using 'Al-Taqqiyah' gets to avoid "the hell fire".

Tricky huh?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelionPrime
reply to post by MRuss

Interesting how the divide of cultures is opening up before our eyes.
You're absolutely correct that most people of Muslim nations are exceptionally friendly, overwhelming in their hospitality & peaceful, law abiding citizens.
I have one question though. What would happen to me in Morocco, Algeria, Somalia or Lybia if I were to open a centre for Christian worship. Not a Christian church officially, no banner or sign on the wall outside... just open my doors to fellow Christians in the area where they could congregate in worship?

No need to answer that, there's plenty of video proof out there, (not just YouTube) that shows exactly what happens in an area where the religion of peace is predominant.

I won't post the the scripture myself because that would be haram wouldn't it?, but I would like to ask any Muslim to quote the Surah that states man shall worship only one God. I'd also ask him/her to offer a formal welcome to worship the faith of their choice publicly & openly in any Middle Eastern or North African country.

First to post without using 'Al-Taqqiyah' gets to avoid "the hell fire".

Tricky huh?

Simple answer to your question. You and your family would be killed. They're killing Christians all over the middle east as I type this.

www.christianpersecution.info/middle-east.php
edit on 10-11-2010 by MMPI2 because: l

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join