It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lemmings were pushed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Thats right ,the truth has been uncovered about Lemmings and their apparent suicidal tendencies.If this report is correct the Lemmings in a nature film by Disney in 1958 were herded over a cliff by their human overlords thus creating the myth that lemmings were killing themselves en masse.
Was it just a simple experiment or a much deeper conspiracy.
www.sbs.com.au...:-Mystery-of-the-Lemming

"Realising that the Arctic rodents did not collectively top themselves, the film-makers resorted to trickery. After producing footage of the lemmings migrating by placing them on a snow-covered turntable, they shipped some of them to a cliff overlooking a river and herded them over the edge.

The resulting footage shows hordes of lemmings plummeting off a cliff, with the culpable humans studiously out of frame. It helped cement the myth of lemming mass suicide in popular culture."

www.youtube.com...

As you will see in the video the Lemmings do not look happy as they go over the top for the final push.
edit on 28-10-2010 by 12voltz because: its the right thing to do

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I read about this a while back. It's so sickening. Laws to protect animals from cruelty in movies were only put in place not too long ago- I can't remember the year offhand.

Film makers use to do some pretty nasty things to animals- trip wires to make horses fall in westerns would often break the animals legs.
edit on 28-10-2010 by StinkFist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
In reality, they eat their young.

An interesting metaphor, all around, thanks for sharing this. S&F

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
really you want us to get all dramatic about a couple lemmings from 1958
who cares there has to be more important stuff to worry about

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Lemmings are good swimmers, but only for a short period of time (15-30 mins). They are definitely not good fallers. Lemmings throwing themselves off cliffs like this is definitely a hoax. The whole point of the dispersal is to spread your genes and conquer new areas. Not a good idea if you're dead or have a broken leg!

The original myth came from the fact they would disperse with such enthusiasm that they'd hit a huge body of water and just keep going and going and going, even if it meant drowning.

Poor wee blighters. I can almost see the men kicking them off the cliff in that video

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
wow thats kind of sick
even for film why would you do that?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dean007
really you want us to get all dramatic about a couple lemmings from 1958
who cares there has to be more important stuff to worry about

Yes i want you think about the lemmings and if possible feel their pain, I want you to dream about them and i want you to worry about them until you can take it no more.WTF change the channel man!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Star and Flag!

I had heard it was a myth but I didn't know about this footage or anything. Why would someone do this? I thought documentaries were supposed to unbiasedly observe natural behaviour?

The narration over the video whilst knowing the truth of the matter made for a very darkly humorous video. I've always thought Disney was creepy.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yup, sick and moulded to educate children.

Makes you wonder what other things thing media is selling us as truth.

I think this topic is fitting here.. big media company alterting truth for their own *nefarious* ends; whatever those reasons are.
I am sure this was a one time incident

Dudley Doright used to say "if it is in print it must be true", same can be applied to other medias.
edit on 28-10-2010 by catlantis because: added noun

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by catlantis

..Its not as though Disney didnt like rodents ,his main star Mickey Mouse was one,.The lemmings were used and abused for personal gain.
www.hww.ca...

Quote from site.

"One of the Inuit names for the collared lemming is kilangmiutak, which means "one-who-comes-from-the-sky." The legend of lemmings falling from the sky is common to Inuit all across the North American Arctic and Scandinavia."

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Excellent Post....

Did ya hear about this? "62 year old lemming eyewitness comes forward with new footage showing the pushing from another angle, conclusive proof for lemming truthers"!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

There must be more footage somewhere,anywhere ,Lemmings dont just fall over and collapse ,I heard somewhere there were these guys in a van laughing as they fell.Who could be so cruel?

top topics

join