It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My best friend's new job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
My best friend's new job is at a restaurant where they have a fake "wait"... that's right, mate. It's business that they want to generate. You know, limit the supply and therefore increase the demand.

You don't really need to be waiting in line, it's just a silly little scam.

But I would postulate, that I'm right, when I say it's the same in every land...just f#$% with peoples' minds and make some money , man.

Yeah, money is worth more than your soul...so just let your soul be damned. Hot damn.

I was born to give the collective of man...

a little push...

a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

www.phrases.org.uk...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Restaurants do it all the time to drive up bar sales, have a drink at the bar while you wait.

And it makes the place appear more exclusive, more in demand, really a common practice.
edit on 28-10-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Restaurants do it all the time to drive up bar sales, have a drink at the bar while you wait.

And it makes the place appear more exclusive, more in demand, really a common practice.
edit on 28-10-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

Hey, lys. Yeah, it's just a facade. It's so common nobody thinks that it's odd. We are so used to snip being fake, mate, that the lie behind it no longer resonates.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
and it works.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Making people wait can backfire.

I was in a line waiting to get into a club and had to listen to the utter drivel being spoken by a small group in front of me. After a while I asked myself why I would pay to go into the place and spend time around people like that.

If I didn't like their company when it was free I figured I'd be better off going elsewhere.

If I had to wait for a table in a restaurant after I had booked it for a certain time, I'd tell them not to bother. I'd rather eat at home, anyway. Alternatively, if anyone suggested I had a drink while I was waiting I'd have one in the pub down the road and grace the restaurant with my presence later, when they were ready for me.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Thanks for sharing. That's pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If I go into a establishment and I see tables empty but I have to wait,I do.

I just deduct the time they fake wait me from the tip.

Sometimes I leave no tip at all,and walk out with a smile on my face.

We all control how we are treated,some just don't know it.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

what a cheapo thing to do, because why would you punish you waiter, they have no control over what idiotic decisions the management makes

you've never worked service industry apparently.

Hope you avoid fine dining and stick to applebees :p
edit on 29-10-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join