It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are YOU going as for Halloween?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I was just curious what the members of ATS were gonna be dressing up for the Halloween festivities..

I'm going as Michael Scott from the Halloween episode of The Office

Link:

vlaze.com...

So yea, just post your ideas, a pic would help visualize it I'm sure.. Looking forward to seeing what you all thought of this year!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
No idea.

I live in Oz so our seasons are 6 months out from yours in the northern hemisphere and yet the last few years there's been a big media push on to do this Westernised concept of Halloween. So I'm confused why we do it now.

Secondly.. yep being a downer here... I don't understand the westernised version of Halloween anyway, although have a good grasp on the ancient All Hallows Eve, so I don't do it.

So.. back to the advertised topic with no more downers

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Lol, I don't really understand it either, when it comes down to it.. but, growing up around it, I just find it really fun.. and that's weird.. I never thought that other countries didn't partake in it haha.. guess that's my American arrogance coming out

edit to add- I obviously recognize other countries (i.e. middle eastern countries) didn't do it.. didn't know you guys didn't do it in Oz
edit on 28-10-2010 by Ketzer22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
This year I decided on the Phantom of the Opera. Simple, classy, mysterious.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Not bad, not bad.. definitely classy

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Gordon brown zombie

Although David Cameron looks like quite a creepy guy.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
A generic French man and I'm going to a geek themed Halloween party.
That would be fun. Fast food, movies, games, and everything else.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You gonna have the thin, pointy mustache? Can't be a frenchmen without the mustache! Yeah, stereotypes.... xD

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Trust me! My body and facial hair back so fast it's crazy. Like a cartoon character or something of that nature.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
No idea.

I live in Oz so our seasons are 6 months out from yours in the northern hemisphere and yet the last few years there's been a big media push on to do this Westernised concept of Halloween. So I'm confused why we do it now.

Secondly.. yep being a downer here... I don't understand the westernised version of Halloween anyway, although have a good grasp on the ancient All Hallows Eve, so I don't do it.

So.. back to the advertised topic with no more downers

Be on the safe side and do it the Mexican way. "Dia del Muerto" "Day of the Dead". Put up a big screen TV on your front lawn and play "night of the living dead" in repeat mode. For effect hang some calaveras (sugar skulls) around in various places to indicate that the dead are celebrating their very own special day. Then you and your mate sit there and when people drive by to look stare at them like they are from another planet. That, done for an hour or so, should get you a visit by the coppers. Make sure you get the whole thing on video and post it here for us to gawk at.

Ha Ha....

Of course you could sit in the shade and have a Foster's.... "Good on you and your Roo too"

tt
edit on 28-10-2010 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
No firm decision yet, but if all else fails I'll just go as Alex from A Clockwork Orange, as usual.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

lol, that would be hilarious... dia de los muertos is a cool holiday.. i'm surprised we don't have something like that in the united states... its a great way to remember those who've passed

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You need a beret too! But if it's going to be a geek party, you've got to pull it down tight.

I'm going to dress up as Baby Firefly from House of 1,000 Corpses. I've even got the chaps and hat to wear.
Run, rabbit! Run!
edit on 28-10-2010 by StinkFist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by StinkFist

I got a dark Blue one. My friends are what I call professional nerds. You never seen geek till you meet my friends.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
you guys should post links to the pics of the costumes, so i can see what they are lol... i guess i could always google it.. but i'm watching the office while bouncing back to this thread lol

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

www.stylevoyeur.com...

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am Leia from "Return of the Jedi" in the slave costume

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm going as Joe.

Peace

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It only dawned on me yesterday that I have NEVER had a proper Halloween, even as a kid I never dressed up and went trick or treating

I would make up for that by getting involved this year but I think that at 21 years of age I might be pushing the boundaries of what society would accept. Especially if I was on my own, I'd be arrested and find myself on some sort of register before the night is over.

Buuuuuuut, if I was to go I would go as the most horrific, scary, evil monster on the planet...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1028017baf5.jpg[/atsimg]

*shudders*

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

edit on 28-10-2010 by Maiden PEI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join