It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Happening To Anyone Else???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ok...I've gotten a message from another member that said I added them to my "foe" list....I removed the member from the list, apologized....But, it wasn't ME that added them.

My screen is automatically refreshing it's self. Posts, I know that I have authored seem to find their way into the nether regions....How??? And my K pts. seem to be going down in number as well.

Been here for quite a while, never had any problems like this on this site before....sometimes people even used to answer my new posts, now lucky if anyone even reads a reply or new thread....at least some will still star them, about the only way I know they've been recognized. But, seems if my name appears on a reply or new thread....it disappears very, very fast...wham bam...it's gone....then mysteriously may appear on page 3 of recent posts or the origional forum in a couple minutes.

So, what's up? Games? Anyone else have this happen? u2u me. No one else knows my password, or uses my computer....whatever is going on, I don't like it...and I am asking for it to stop. I AM NOT a trouble maker, nor am I a "child". I enjoy this site and would really hate to leave over something as stupid as what seems to be happening.

~holly
edit on 27-10-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: rewording

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
bump de bump
here we go again.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here Ill help with the bump, I know I also wrote a thread on B&Q and still haven't gotten a response. So hopefully one of us will

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the help, NRE...

would be nice to get a reply, eh?

~holly

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
My screen is automatically refreshing it's self.
Could the lack of replies mean it's not happening to anyone else?

ATS has a live headlines link that says that it's constantly updated (without page refreshing) : www.abovetopsecret.com...

That page is supposed to auto-refresh, so if that's the page you're talking about, then it's doing what it's supposed to, and it says at the top of the page it's supposed to do that.

Other pages that don't say they auto-refresh, don't, at least not for me. I haven't had the other problems you mentioned either.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

With over 6,000 new posts a day, threads move very quickly down the page and, back up the page (when someone responds to them). It has absolutely nothing to do with your user name or anything else beyond huge traffic on a busy site.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

With over 6,000 new posts a day, threads move very quickly down the page and, back up the page (when someone responds to them). It has absolutely nothing to do with your user name or anything else beyond huge traffic on a busy site.

Springer...

Thanks, Springer. That being the case why not put a 5:00 "last post hold" into effect. It might slow things down somewhat and give threads a chance that otherwise might not have been seen.

~holly

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The auto page refresh was part of what I was referring to. Found it odd considering that it only was happening maybe once a session. It has lately been happening several times a session now...guess that is no big.

Thanks for the reply.
~holly

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Guess what guys - forget the foe list.

It does not even exist.

top topics

join