It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Years On The International Space Station - Happy Anniversary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Today NASA celebrates 10 years aboard the International Space Station.

www.nasa.gov...

The station has provided a permanent facility for humans to live, interact and experiment in space, it has also allowed many relationships between countries to be formed as the people aboard the station are from all over.

Starting in 2 November 2000, the first expedition to the ISS was successful and Expedition 1 crew Bill Shepard, Sergei Krikalev, and Yuri Gidzenko became the first residents of the ISS. Now, 10 years later, we are now on the 26th expedition to the ISS. Through the previous 25 expeditions, men and women from all over the globe have come together on one station, to further explore and discover the secrets of space.

Happy Anniversary ISS!

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

That was pretty cool. I was watching the ISS coverage on the NASA channel this evening. What have they been doing for the past 10 years? I have tried looking for a list of things they have done but can't find anything other then some random stuff they have worked on.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Thanks man.
Yeah I'm not sure what they've been up to really. I watch the live feed sometimes and can't really seem to make out what they're doing. Maybe someone has a link to what they've been doing?

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

I did find this from the Russian space web.
ISS Missions

This one as well forgot to add it.
www.nasa.gov...
edit on 27-10-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I personally think it is awesome that humans have been tarvelling to, working on, and living in the ISS for 10 years. When you think that only just over 50 years ago (before my time) the first satellite was launched, we humans have come a long way. Let us continue to boldly go where no human has gone before.....

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Yes it's very very amazing just how far we've come from the first satellite launch. Even in the last 10 years how much technology has changed, evolved, improved.

And I agree with your quote from Buzz Aldrin, let us go boldly where we've never been before.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

What have they been doing? A lot!
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

WOW!
Cheers for the link.
I've never heard about the experiments that they conduct.
Very interesting.

Cheers
Brady

top topics

join