It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ind. parents told drop disabled kids at shelters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Maybe all the illegally seized property and money by law enforcement without due process could be cycled into caring for the needy.

You know, instead of being funnelled into black boxes.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

Uh huh. Looks like the writings on the wall. Highlighted.

S&F toolstar. Good catch.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I hear what you're saying. Here in Australia a parent/caregiver of a child with a disability falls in to the minority and almost half of those are quite well off and don't need extra assistance. Of those in the working class, most are single parents and single parents here in Australia are usually frowned upon and described with just about every low description under the sun when in fact a majority of single parents in our country are in part time and full time jobs (we earn our keep!). Without having a child with ongoing needs for most or all of their lives, people simply just don't give a damn. Of those with such a child, many live in more rural areas because it's cheaper to survive and has no means to travel to the large cities to demonstrate outside Govt offices. Setting up communities in residential areas where we can all help eachother would be difficult because that would mean our kids would have less chance of social contact with normal kids and the "outside" world.

Perhaps we need more Bill Gates out there, he himself is an Aspie and many of his most brillant employees are Aspies and ADHD. As for education, more and more information is getting out to teachers but are handling larger numbers in their classrooms due to lack of funding.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
They came first for the disabled,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't disabled...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Why are'nt the parents of the disabled out demonstrating day and night, preferably set up a permanent tent outside this state's Govt offices flocked by these parents and supporters with foreign news journalists etc until this is settled with appropriate funding for these parents????

Perhaps they're too busy looking after their children.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Here in Australia a person with a disability under the age of 21 receives approx $360.00 nett per fortnight while the care giver/parent also can receive approx $850.00 a week. Once the child turns 21 he/she receives approx $750.00 nett per fortnight.

I wish . . .

Australian disability pension for an adult living independantly is $658.40 a fortnight.
Australian pension for a carer of a person needing 24 hour a day care is $658.40 a fortnight.
Disability and Carer payment rates

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

It really gets me that were spending billions on the wars we got going on and the Pentagon can't account for 2.3 trillion dollars but there is no money for helpless children here at home. I think the "defense" of this country should include taking care of our own first. We push democracy and freedom to other countries yet can't take care of disabled children in our own country. Sad statement about the U.S. governments priorities.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

The carer's payments were increased just recently.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
All of this happening around us is the fruit of a World devoid of compassion and humanity. Imagine someone you need in your life, dumping you off at a strangers house and never coming back. What kind of kids are we creating? The Children are suffering at a younger and younger age, from lack of compassion, love and caring at home. Then we throw them out into the slave world and expect them to be "Better' then who they are. There is a cancer being generated in our world that is diluting our capacity to Love.
edit on 11-11-2010 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I used to live in Indiana for 28 years. I have two kids now and it is a good thing we moved from Indiana because my youngest son has disability, he is a dwarf, and when I use to live there they helped me out to get my son to doctor's appointment that was in Illinois, and I was greatful for that help..... but I can see that a few things have changed since I left Indiana. I can't believe how bad it is now. My niece just had a baby that was two months early and she didn't want to put down the father's name, on the birth certificate and they told her that she had to put someone's name down so, she did. The case worker that she has told her that, she has to have a place to live before she brings the new baby home. She has another son and he might be autistic. (They are homeless, and living in the Ronald McDonald house)
The state told her that if she don't have a place to live before the baby gets out of the hospital by Dec.2, 2010 then the case worker will take both kids from her. If she has a place before then she will have to give them a address and then the case worker will come into the home and make sure that they have everything for both kids.

I don't think it is right for Indiana to tell people that. It just does not seem right that a person could do such a thing.
However, I can see why some family's would want to do this.
IT IS A SAD WORLD WE LIVE IN!!!
Can we stop this ride? I want to get off.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join