It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never trust LIVE video feed or evidence again.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This is actually nuts. It is now relevant that modern intelligence is a bad thing. North Korea has it right. This thing should be moved to RATS... don't need it crawling around Google...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ok, before everyone's heads explode in fear, can someone show me a sample of this being used on a complex background, and not a uniform one as the youtube video showed?

It's one thing to track an object in real time and remove it from a uniform background, but you'd never get a decent result using it in a room full of people. Suddenly you'd have parts of random people scattered all over the removed area. So no, it wont work in Washington, at least not believably...

And you can guarantee that if this were used on a moving object, it would take more than 41ms to do, as each frame would have to be completely analysed. This, from what I can gather from the video, is using the first frame as a reference frame, and extrapolating the data of that to work on the subsequent frames. Mocha has a similar feature in it's 2d planar tracker, where it uses a set frame as the master frame and then can handle rotation, panning, perspective etc, from that, and can even use that data to place a consistent track even if the area becomes partially obstructed by another object.

A moving object however has a constantly changing background, and would require each frame to be analysed individually.

still, it is a neat idea... But it's a shame so many people will think it's being used to erase people from live feed when both the result would be erratic at best, and obvious at least.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
This is actually nuts. It is now relevant that modern intelligence is a bad thing. North Korea has it right. This thing should be moved to RATS... don't need it crawling around Google...

Yeah, no one visits youtube and without this software, it's impossible to do at all!! ATS needs to lock it up post haste!!

??

Too late I suppose, the madness has been let loose...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My post was kind of sarcastic but I do agree with you. If it was a moving object, or as you put it a room full of people, the image would be distorted. Unless they've advanced the ability to do so.

However, if the camera is still, it could be used. For example, when Obama's adressing the world from his desk, no one watching on live TV will ever be able to see the little green leprachauns dancing to his right, and the leader of the Galatic Federation listening intently on his left.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Much of what you say is by all means correct.

But how often is it that what we are introduced to is at least 15 years behind what "they" have already got.

If they can take things from a uniform background and are willing to show this to the world we can then predict that "they" have something far superior using motioned background and with people in it.

I suspect this version that we are seeing is primitive to the types that may have been employed in secret.

If they can take something away....can we assume that they can make something appear in equal fashion in REAL TIME too? This could go a long way to explaining a lot of events on the news they use to implement restricting our freedoms.

I can not believe much we see these days on the News channels or live events.
edit on 28-10-2010 by darkdays4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It's really no different than an advanced version of Photoshop's "photo merge" where you take a bunch of images and it uses algorithms to piece them all together with really nice results usually. If a software could do that same thing for every frame, using pixel info from the frame before and frame after you could theoretically remove objects with no artifacts being left. You would have a few seconds where the object was in the video, but it would fade out as the image moved. It's completely possible and some video players even are now using a form of the before/after frame analysis to enhance video.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
place the camera in front of a mirror and then circle the camera so it cuts itself out
2nd..

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This is scary except for the advance planning needed. For example: To be used in "real time" with a live feed, someone would need to 1. identify the item to hide with preknowledge of its existence and the need to hide it; 2. hijack the beginning of the feed before anyone else caught a glimpse of it; 3. successfully perform the hiding steps; 4 allow the feed to then be broadcast or recorded.
Sounds like a lot of work without any time to do it in. If my logic is sound, then, for the sake of argument, this is a "post happening" tool used to doctor video that has already been seen by someone prior to public release. In that case no delayed video we would ever watch again could be trusted!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I would agree with the skepticism that this might be hard on a moving object and in a more complex background but since this technology is on the "mainstream consumer" market this means the military must be ahead of the game by at least a few years (I would say 10-15 years). This is just common logic , they have to be ahead of the mainstream in order not to be surprised by some crack job that might want to utilize "tech" (generally speaking) against them.

Ergo I would say they have this tech much much more advanced , and are able to manipulate complex live feeds on the fly.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I think the problem with people grasping how easy this actually is to do, is the fact that most people don't think about how many different cameras they have available for use and how many people work behind the scenes. Even your local nightly news is extremely engineered in the control booth. It's basically NASA's mission control on a smaller scale.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I think guys that it is quite scary to think of the ways to which we the public, the voters, the people may of been fooled and lied to with the current technology there is out there right now.

It is sad that the people we are supposed to have as leaders may have employed these techniques to their advantage, yet if we are to do the same things we could be crossing the legal divide.

Anyway, this is just a drop in the pool of the technology that is possessed by some.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Some more info here.seems that the guy wolfgang broll has quite a background in programming to say the least and vr.... some of these titles are unusual ....

This could change a lot of things really fast for psy ops if it was refined anyway....

thats a pretty scary video in terms of media manipulation .. but even with that technology theres still so much to manipulate to pull some things off ( global conspiracy wise ) that it seams not likely thats it has been used for much as of yet unless theres some massive team of secret media manipulaters on hand at all times...but hey ya never know

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Soon if not already, they can probably switch out people's faces digitally, since everythings digital now anyway.

Also they could use computers to change the voice to sound like that person's voice. Like using a 'stunt double' to stand in for John Stewart or something. And changing his voice so it sounds like John too.

So I could stand there blabbing away, and you could digitally reform me to look like John standing here instead.

Remember in Kaku's book Visions where he talked about the date in the future, and he said you could tell your home AI to throw on Gone With the Wind and switch the main characters faces with that of you and your mate's?

You can do pretty much anything with powerful computers. But the limitation here is that you can only play with things like pics, movies, Live tv, etc.

But with new powerful hologram projector tech, the sky is the limit. Literally.

And throw in that other tech, directional sound projection. You can literally project sounds into a person's head, while no one else around them would hear it... You could probably find some YouTube videos on that subject also, I would recommend that show Future Weapon's episode covering it. Should be easy to find.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by j4k312
Some more info here.seems that the guy wolfgang broll has quite a background in programming to say the least and vr.... some of these titles are unusual ....

This could change a lot of things really fast for psy ops if it was refined anyway....

thats a pretty scary video in terms of media manipulation .. but even with that technology theres still so much to manipulate to pull some things off ( global conspiracy wise ) that it seams not likely thats it has been used for much as of yet unless theres some massive team of secret media manipulaters on hand at all times...but hey ya never know

Yes the Dr sure has his fingers in lots of techno AV type projects. Most of the main News corps and media corps are owned by influential people or groups that are linked in one way or another too the people who wish to control us.

Life is no longer ours for the taking. More for the receiving.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thanks for posting the video.

This is entirely the reason I do not have a television in my household. Lots of people call me old fashioned but come on, if live TV can be manipulated in this way then how does anyone know they are not being deceived everytime they watch their box? its ludicrous and very worrying indeed.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Here is a Diminished reality of a moving object that might change your point of view.

edit on 28-10-2010 by greenovni because: Fixed video link

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Here is another one

I can do damage with this software! :Evil Grin!:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Yet another one! I can't even tell by looking at the fan that something was there....

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This reminds me of the thread I read about the world trade center videos being released. One of the posters found a video where it looked like the wing disappeared right before impact of the second plane. Maybe that video tape had something like this kind of technology supporting it.?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
To all the people asking if this is possible in different scenarios w/ govt cover ups.

The Government is 10 years ahead of the consumer technologically at all times. That means the govt is living in 2020....

It's a rule of thumb.
edit on 28-10-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join