It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this one blew my mind. which ain't easy!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

if there is something after death, and i wanted to let somebody know, that it is o.k., i am safe, i live on. i would do something like that to if possible. of course i do not know if that is the case, but your story is just to weird and to much of a coincidence to not think it is possible.

thanks for sharing your experience and sorry to hear that your mum passed over.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

thanx, and actually, i agree for the most part.
i wish i could say with 100% certainty that it was her.
i can't, but i can say that i do 'think' it was.
it's kinda' tough for me to be 100% certain about anything, every time i claim
to know the truth i witness something that tells me i was wrong.
we live and learn is about as close as i can get.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss.

Hate to rain on this parade but prank calls can be made to any number and the person doing the prank can put in any number to show who called. Just google free prank calls. It would be a mean prank, but I am sure there are people that would do it

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

wow, you're absolutely right.
there have been a few possibilities raised in this thread.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. They say loved ones often send a message shortly after they pass. Perhaps this was your moms message to the family that everything is ok. Investigators have known cases where a spirit uses a phone or cell phone to manifest.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Unfortunately I have never received a call from a deceased loved one, yet. I hope to one day because I've heard so many stories from so many people on the subject, including one from my aunt.

In my opinion this provides some evidence that there is some sort of life after death. It's in no way conclusive and no one will ever know what kind of life we live after we die... unless we're told by someone who has "crossed over," but I like to take comfort in the fact that my loved ones are still around in some form. I may be able to see them or feel their presence, but knowing they're there is all I need.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. Secondly, you may take some comfort in the idea that some of the most experienced people in the paranormal believe the following:

The most common type of apparition is that of a loved one that has recently passed. The account generally involves that of a visible apparition--or other manifestation (in this case your cell phone)--occurring within the following days, then nothing.

There are multiple accounts of visible apparitions showing up to loved ones within days or weeks of their passing, telling their loved one that "I'm okay," then disappearing never to be seen again.

The entire theory and explanation for this stuff is all conjecture of course, but the multiple-first person accounts of such activity are wide-ranging and quite compelling. There is no doubt that very strange things happen to people with astonishing frequency.

Given that you can choose to look at this event in whatever way you want. If this happened to me--and I've had something similar happen--I would choose to be comforted. Why not? Maybe mom gave you a ring to tell you she's okay!

Bobby Elgee; Sights Unseen Paranormal

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
very sorry about your loss, losing a loved one is hard especially parents.
but i guess maybe as an answer as to why this happened i would guess residual energy? did your mom call you alot, or even somone from the house?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

My sincere condolences, may your mother rest in peace.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss, that is a bit amazing. I am not sure what to say, but that sounds like a powerful experience. Definitely keep your phone near you.

Side-note: to whoever said that it got you when he said "that was mom I missed" - I got a bit of a chill also. When I went up and read it again, I got the same chill again.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
(off topic)

You have my deepest condolences.
Stay strong and become the man/woman that your mother would want you to.
(I believe in the afterlife so I dont really have any comments)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join