this one blew my mind. which ain't easy!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
My condolences on your loss.

However this can be easily explained away by corporate greed.
When a land line calls a mobile, there is a flag fall fee for when the connection is complete.
This may be around 20c, check with your carrier.

But carriers make these calls either intentionally (revenue raising) or by a glitch in their systems (unlikely).
Think about it... 100,000 people pranked by a known number to only hang up when they answer... At 20c a pop, that equates to $20,000 in quick revenue.
Do you think anyone will think twice about it?
Nope, they will shirk it off as a weird occurrence, not thinking that this just cost them 20c.

Now in your case, the call wasn't complete and the phone carrier moved onto another number to call.

With that being said... I believe in the after life and though I don't believe these was a "message", I do believe that your mother occasionally looks in on you and your family.

this is interesting, never heard of such a thing.
i have net10, ten cents a minute, only when connected though.
would this particular carrier make a difference?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ah, I love this story.

How wonderful your Mom made such a vivid--and obvious--attempt to contact you.

I know how hard it is to lose a parent. It's an end of an era. An end to the most important part of your fundamental self.

My Dad died a few years ago. He was pretty young at the time (65 years).

FYI-- I know a really talented channeler. I've had a few really interesting conversations with my Dad since he died (however weird that sounds) so let me know if you're interested.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ah, I love this story.

How wonderful your Mom made such a vivid--and obvious--attempt to contact you.

I know how hard it is to lose a parent. It's an end of an era. An end to the most important part of your fundamental self.

My Dad died a few years ago. He was pretty young at the time (65 years).

FYI-- I know a really talented channeler. I've had a few really interesting conversations with my Dad since he died (however weird that sounds) so let me know if you're interested.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

This is sad, but it also makes me hopeful for the hereafter. She perhaps just wanted to call and say she loved all of you.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss,

When I was living in Villalba Puerto Rico one group of teenagers were playing in the river and one of them drowned, this happened around lunch time , at the same time he drowned her grandmother saw him entering his house and going to his room, while he was walking to his room she asked him if he wanted something to eat, and he said to her "No abuelita yo estoy bien" wich means "no grandma I'm fine". about 30min later the police come to his house and told her that his grandchild drowned in the river about an hour ago.

I have heard similar stories before about relatives that died trying to contact love ones to say they are ok.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

My condolences to you and your family. I think Mom just wanted to let you know she will be watching over you. Maybe it was her way of saying the final goodbye... PEACE be to you Heidi

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
I'm sorry about your mother

But that sounds pretty interesting, and very weird!
I have heard many stories about passed away persons, who somehow calls their most beloved ones.

I wonder what would have happend if you took the cellphone?
Did you try call her back?

Dont be scared mate, your mother are protecting you

i wish i got there in time to take the call.
yes, i called right back and the home phone rang.

this thread has been awesome so far.
sorry, been bizzy, haven't even had the chance to read it all yet.
there is no 'scared' involved here. i've had supernatural experiences all my life.

here's one example i posted a while back.
one of my ghost stories

i look forward to any experience.
even the ones that cause my hair to stand up.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
Does your landline phone feature smartcall? I recieve calls from my wife all the time when she doesn't dial them. Not saying something paranormal isn't possible, but lets explore the normal explanations 1st. Now if this gives you comfort that mom is looking in on you let's not explore the normal explanations and leave things as they are.

someone else made a few comments about the phone. my answer should be just above.

i asked, and, no 'smart call'.
don't really know what it is.
it's just a basic comcast connection.

we do have 'call waiting', one of those little boxes with a read out.

edit to add. i'm not sure exactly, but i believe the computer, the cable tv and the phone are all connected somehow with comcast.
i can ask my dad if anything needs to be explained more.
edit on 28-10-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
OP..
Did your mother pass away unnaturally or with any suspicion?
I surely hope not..
For if she did, perhaps there is something she is trying to tell you...for you to search or to finish some type of task that is undone.
Good luck and my condolences.

cancer, and the related chemo is my opinion.
but otherwise, no.
good question though.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
that was cool.
i've been in the house alone for the last few hours.
burned some sage, said a few prayers in my own way.
all of a sudden my dog started growling.
then she wagged her tail and went over and sat outside the bathroom door in my mom bedroom.
i walked over and saw nothing.
opened the door and the mirror was steamed over like someone just took a shower.
we've all been using the other one since she passed.
there was kinda of an 's' down the length of the mirror.
looked like someone took their finger and and did a big squiggly mark in the steam.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have no clue about net10, but I have Boost mobile service, and sometimes when I recieve an incoming call or text message, it will show as one contact and when I answer it will then switch to another. It happens more with text messages though, and after having the service over a year, it has happened maybe only ten times total; not very often at all. Thought my brother was calling once, under his contact and when I answered it was a buddy of mine.

I doubt that is it though(the Boost Anomoly); this type of event has happened to my Aunt a couple of times where her late husband would call her cell phone only to immediatly be hung up, even though he had already passed and his phone would be dead and in a drawer or whatever. It really upset her when it was happening. So I have no explanation, just thought what happens with Boost Mobile from time to time could be a possibility.

I am sorry to hear about your loss.
edit on 28-10-2010 by milkmustache because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
My condolences on your loss.

However this can be easily explained away by corporate greed.
When a land line calls a mobile, there is a flag fall fee for when the connection is complete.
This may be around 20c, check with your carrier.

But carriers make these calls either intentionally (revenue raising) or by a glitch in their systems (unlikely).
Think about it... 100,000 people pranked by a known number to only hang up when they answer... At 20c a pop, that equates to $20,000 in quick revenue.
Do you think anyone will think twice about it?
Nope, they will shirk it off as a weird occurrence, not thinking that this just cost them 20c.

Now in your case, the call wasn't complete and the phone carrier moved onto another number to call.

With that being said... I believe in the after life and though I don't believe these was a "message", I do believe that your mother occasionally looks in on you and your family.

And this greed theory includes the coincidence that it was from mom to son one week after she passed while they had dinner. The odds of this random greed coincidence is phenomenal. It also assumes they dont have free local calls which almost All, if not all, phone companies have.

Having worked for att I think I might have heard of this. so this also assumes that your conspiracy theory is true. Add those odds together and what you have is an impossible theory.

In fact its far more plausible that his mother called from beyond than the probability of the above occurring.

Easily explained maybe true but accurately explained is a long way away.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Originally posted by DrJay1975
Does your landline phone feature smartcall? I recieve calls from my wife all the time when she doesn't dial them. Not saying something paranormal isn't possible, but lets explore the normal explanations 1st. Now if this gives you comfort that mom is looking in on you let's not explore the normal explanations and leave things as they are.

someone else made a few comments about the phone. my answer should be just above.

i asked, and, no 'smart call'.
don't really know what it is.
it's just a basic comcast connection.

we do have 'call waiting', one of those little boxes with a read out.

edit to add. i'm not sure exactly, but i believe the computer, the cable tv and the phone are all connected somehow with comcast.
i can ask my dad if anything needs to be explained more.
edit on 28-10-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

Sounds like you have a net phone. Cable, phone and net all over the internet feed. So local calls are 100 percent free. Very interesting stuff. About the mirror too. Maybe mom isnt ready to go yet. Talk to her. There is an app for android called ghost radar. Try it. I did and it picked up a name from a man who used to live her.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

sorry for your loss,
these type of occurrences, although not fully explainable
are real.
I was just a kid (12yrs old) sitting in class at school
when my mom passed. I cann't expalain it to this day,
how I knew but I just knew somehow that she died.
Sitting at my desk, suddenly I became tense like
I was frozen, it felt as if time had just stopped. Even
though the teacher kept on talking I
couldn't hear the teacher;
but I could hear a loud clear direct
voice from my mom calling me from within.
Now I was only 12yrs old so I didn't quite know how to handle
the situation, unfortunately. I blurted out
" I have to go ! I have to see my mom !"
The teacher must have though I was just trying to be a trouble
maker, because he told me to sit back down or I'd get
a detention and then some.
I just felt sick to my inner core and cried inside.
On the way home I walked straight by the general hospital
already knowing that she had died there, but it was
too late to see her
yet, I dreaded going home too
beacause I knew that she wasn't going to be there either;
* chocking back the tears, sorry *
when I got home the first thing I heard was the phone ringing.
Again, dreading to answer it because I somehow already knew
it was the bad news. . . . the hospital
telling me my mom had died.
Later that night I heard noises in the hallway and I
found glass crystals that had fallen from the ceiling light
fixture onto the floor. (don't know what that was about)

edit on 29/10/10 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So very sorry for your loss.

My wife passed away in March of this year, and I've experienced a host of weird things happen to me in the subsequent seven months. A lot of it, I think, is just me seeing signs of her in the ordinary course of life, because I miss her so much, but there have been a number of things that just stand out as lacking explanation.

I'll share my favourite.

I was driving home from work one day, and I needed to go to the bank, which I don't normally do, but it required me to be in the left lane of the freeway exit, rather than the right lane that I usually take. As I got off the freeway, I saw a beggar leaning against a pole on the left side of the road and I said "oh great" because I don't ever give them money, but I feel lousy about that. If they're on the other side of the road, it's more comfortable to ignore them.

But, as I waited at the stoplight, I looked over at him, and he wasn't a typical beggar. He held a small cardboard sign that, instead of a long "I am homeless, help me, I lost my dog" or whatever message, simply said "Please". He wasn't looking at me, he was staring straight ahead, with stoic and somewhat pained expression on his face.

Something about him made me reach into my pocket and pull out a handful of cash, roll down the window, and motion him over. At the very second that I motioned him over, my cell phone started playing a song. Not a ring tone, but a song. I know that it was at that very second, because if it would have started sooner, I'd have used it as a way to ignore him.

After giving him the money and accepting his "thank you", I took the phone out of the holster. It was still playing this song, but it was turned off. To activate it, you have to push a button and then drawn a pattern on the screen, which I did. The song immediately stopped.

At that moment, the light turned green, so I put the phone away and drove to the bank. While waiting in the queue, I looked at the phone again, and there was no missed call, text or voicemail. I later realized that the song was associated with an application on the phone, but I have no idea how or why it would just start playing.

For me, it's about timing. If that would have happened when I was watching TV or reading or something, I'd not give it any thought, but, that it happened at the instant that I was doing a charitable act, which was out of the ordinary for me, to a person that seemed out of the ordinary, that seems a bit special.

Was my wife sending me a "well done, anything done to the least of these is done to Christ" message? That's my take away, and it speaks to the subjectivity of so much of this. It is, perhaps, wishful thinking on my part, but it helps, as part of the grieving process, to believe that, though she is no longer physically present, she remains a part of my heart and life.

Condolences, again. Take care.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The exact same thing happened to me a couple of months ago, except I don't know anyone that passed away. I've never had a really close friend or relative die. I don't know how my phone called my cell. It freaked me out. It's the whole reason I joined this site. I asked someone from the paranormal category of experts.com and he said that it was a juxtapositon. Like a partial connection with another dimension. I have no idea. I don't think there are any spirits or anything in my house though. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I let myself believe that.

My phone is also prepaid, so maybe it does have something to do with that. I know it makes you feel good to think your mom is trying to contact you, but I would like a logical, non-scary explanation. My husband works nights so I'm home alone alot. I don't want any spirits contacting me.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This happened to me as well with my mom.

In 2006 I had to make the agonizing decison whether or not to remove her from life support. While she was on the venilator, a few times she answered the doctors giving a tap of her finger, 1 for yes, 2 for no. The doctor had promised her he would remove her from the life support if her status had not changed after 3 days. She was very adament about this as she did not want me to have to make that kind of choice. The day came and went and he wouldn't remove her - I believe his motives were to see what an experimental medication, which costs 75k / month was doing. He even wanted remove some her lung tissue. She had been sick and on oxygen for over 10 years. Previous to being on life support her pulse/oxygen level was below 50 and she was seeing and talking to people who had passed.

Long, agonizing story short - on the 4th day I'd whispered to her if she could hear me to please advise me what to do - remove her (tap 1) or leave her be (tap 2.) She did not respond. After consulting other doctors, nurses, and my own heart I made the choice to remove her. The doctor was very nasty with me and said she may not die. She died within 11 hours with me holding her.

A few days later, walking around feeling everything was surreal, my husband took me to the grocery to pick up a few items. On my way in, my phone rang - the number was all ones : 111111111111. I answered and heard only static. For some reason I said "mom...." And the call ended. I tried to call it back and of course, there was no such number. I showed this number to my husband and many other people. I sure wish I'd taken a picture of it.

While the choice still haunts me from time to time, I often feel this was a way of validation from my mom.

I've heard stories from other people of receiving phone calls and even people claiming to have recieved messages left on answering machienes. This is a very strange phenomonon and seems to be one of the more common ways those who have passed on find a way to contact their loved ones.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories and my heart goes out to the OP.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have no question that what you experienced was in fact your Mom trying to comfort you.

I have a very close connection with my Grandfather and have even after he passed away 5 years ago. I get messages from him in my dreams sometimes and I've been told that he considers himself my guardian. I didn't go to his funeral but he told me not to worry about it because he didn't want to be there either.

About 6 months ago, my uncle was dying of cancer and the doctors couldn't say how much longer he had. I had a very unusual dream. My grandfather was a super bright light that got as bright like a light bulb burning out then faded and repeated the cycle. I felt my grandpa's energy leaving and I was calling out "I love you! Don't leave me!" I felt a thought being presented to me that was extremely sad and scared that said "I miss Momma. There is no garden." It was like raw emotion. It repeated over and over and the sobbing feeling intensified. I thought this was weird because my grandpa and grandma are together. It also didn't feel like any other dream I've had of my grandpa.

I got woke up to my phone ringing. It was my mom telling me that my uncle had passed in the night. I later realized it wasn't 'Momma' but 'Donna,' my aunts name. My uncle had said just before he died that he couldn't wait to get to Heaven and plant a garden (his favorite pass time was gardening and raising livestock.) I never told my aunt because it wouldn't do her any good to know and she wouldn't believe me anyway.

I'm pretty sure my grandpa was there to help my uncle to the other side and he was presenting me with the feelings from my uncle because we are so close. A month or so later I had a dream that told me my uncle was fine now.

This experience is one that I don't normal tell anyone about because I'm sure they will think I'm just crazy or making it all up. That doesn't really bother me because it has given me an insight into the afterlife that most people don't have.

So I hope you find your experience as comforting as the ones I have had. If your mom was able to reach out like that, she is fine and watching over you.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think it's great reading stories like the one's posted here. To know that our loved one's are close to us all the time is quite comforting I think.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DArchitect
I think it's great reading stories like the one's posted here. To know that our loved one's are close to us all the time is quite comforting I think.

i second that opinion and would like to personally thank everyone for participating.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join