It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this one blew my mind. which ain't easy!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
the facts.

-my mom passed away about a week ago.
-my cell phone address book lists my folks little gallery as 'dad'.
-it lists their home as 'mom'.
-me, my dad and both sisters were eating breakfast at the house.
-all sitting around the kitchen table.
-my cellphone rings in the next room, plugged in, charging sitting on the desk by the computer.
-rings twice, by the time i got to it all i received was 'missed call'.
-it was 'mom' whom i missed. called from the house we were all in at the time.
-huh? all of us were at the kitchen table, no one called my cell phone.
- none of us were near a phone when my cell rang.
-this one really got to the 4 of us.
edit on 27-10-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Wow that would have freaked me out.

The part that got to me in your thread was,

-it was 'mom' whom i missed.

I think that says it all. Sorry for your loss.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm very sorry for your loss.

That is really weird. I've read a few stories lately of house phones calling cell phones out of the blue.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This brought a little tear to my eye. I've seen this happen many times. It looks like your late mum was just trying to say hello. She's still with you, and I'm pretty certain she's watching over you. I am so sorry for your loss, but elated by the fact that your mum said hello from the other side. Very cool indeed.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
thanx for the sympathy, it's been tough on us. she was 75, cancer got her.

we checked the 2 land lines, 2 phones, one service.
neither showed an outgoing call.
edit on 27-10-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
First i want to say im sorry for your loss. I know if that happened to me i would be very freaked out. But on the other hand i would be happy to know she was trying to communicate. Maybe you should try calling it back and see what happens. Im not trying to be funny. I have heard storys of children talking to loved ones that have passed on the telephone.

Post anything else unusual that may happen .Would love to discuss this further.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
So sorry for your loss, I know how it feels, I lost my mom a year ago.

I've had weird occurances like yours happen after a couple of deaths in my family. After my dad died (his name was John), about a week later, I found his tape recorder in my house (I can't remember why I had it) and wanted to return it to my mom. There was a cassette in the recorder so i pressed play to hear what my dad had been listening to. A song started playing called 'Johnny can't come home again'. Talk about freak me out! I also found this to be very humerous, as my dad always tried to make light of serious situations. It was so like him.

When my aunt died, she was on artificial life support in ICU, and after they took her off, she died immediately. My family and I went into her room afterwards to say our goodbyes before she was taken away, and I noticed a song coming from the tv still playing in her room that had always reminded me of her, the song from Wind beneath my Wings. For 30 days afterwards, I heard that song everyday, whether I was on the phone on hold for a business, on the radio, on the tv, but somehow everyday I heard that same song.

All I can gather is that they are around after they leave us, helping to settle their affairs and helping us to cope. I think they try to find ways on their side to say to us here "I am still with you".

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
My deepest sympathy to you and your family at this difficult time. Looks like Mom was trying to tell you she is still around and thinking of you.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
My family and I send our wishes out to yours. I have heard of this before so yuo are not alone. Those who have passed, especially recently passed, are known to try and contact their living relatives to let them know that all is well. Sometimes this happens by way of a phone call, or other smaller messages that only you would notice. Chances are if you answered the phone, no one would have been there. You were meant to miss the call so you could always see that mom called one last time, and that you 'missed' her. Take a picture of the call log for you to remember forever.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Sorry for your family's loss, I know how it feels. Not that I'm a big believer in the Phenomena, but maybe you should try a EVP test by running a tape player on record in areas around the house your mom hung around alot. If your story is accurate, it sounds like someone is still trying to contact. It would be worth a shot.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Sorry for your family's loss, I know how it feels. Not that I'm a big believer in the Phenomena, but maybe you should try a EVP test by running a tape player on record in areas around the house your mom hung around alot. If your story is accurate, it sounds like someone is still trying to contact. It would be worth a shot.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
My condolences on your loss.

However this can be easily explained away by corporate greed.
When a land line calls a mobile, there is a flag fall fee for when the connection is complete.
This may be around 20c, check with your carrier.

But carriers make these calls either intentionally (revenue raising) or by a glitch in their systems (unlikely).
Think about it... 100,000 people pranked by a known number to only hang up when they answer... At 20c a pop, that equates to $20,000 in quick revenue.
Do you think anyone will think twice about it?
Nope, they will shirk it off as a weird occurrence, not thinking that this just cost them 20c.

Now in your case, the call wasn't complete and the phone carrier moved onto another number to call.

With that being said... I believe in the after life and though I don't believe these was a "message", I do believe that your mother occasionally looks in on you and your family.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

i'm sorry for your loss. my mom died when i was 18 yrs old and now i'm 40. i know she visits me when i smell lilacs out of nowhere and there's no flowers around. so whenever i smell lilacs, i know she's will me and watching over me. She was with me today while i was driving to work and on the way from work, i smelled lilacs! Also a mother never leaves a child even in death.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I've actually heard of almost this exact thing happening before. It's a very interesting phenomenon, and suggests at least some sort of lingering presence after death. Perhaps it is more like the phenomenon which leaves behind psychic imprints on recording/comm devices in that one episode of Doctor Who? But that doesn't make it any less fascinating, or unsettling.

I'm sorry for your loss.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Events like yours are so unbelievably common, it's just that people don't talk about them for fear of being labeled, or the experiences are so personal that sharing would cheapen them. Lucid dreams are also very very common, but often it is not sent to someone who is grieving the most, but to someone on the periphery of the situation. That has happened twice to my knowledge in my family alone.
My wife and I were married for about a year when my brother in law died. She was visited by him in a very unique dream a few days later, and a message was relayed through her. Nothing earthshaking, nothing temporal, essentially a reaffirmation of love and a few other personal things.

So don't even worry a bit, your Mom loves you and found a quick way to say hi

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Like everyone else, I am sorry for your loss. My Mother has terminal lung cancer.
About 2(TWO) years ago my oldest brother passed away unexpectedly. About a week after his death my sister proclaimed to the whole family that her cell phone shows a missed call from my brother. My sister-In-Law had my brothers cell phone at the time, and swears that that she shut the phone off immediately after his death. Looking at my sister phone confirms that there was a missed call from my Brother at 3AM exactly one week after his death. I am a Christian, and believe that the Bible teaches that we sleep until Christ returns. It is very possible that my Sis-In-Law accidentally called my Sister's phone, but you will not get one member of my family who doesn't believe that it was my Brother who called.
I have said a prayer for you and your family...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
So sorry about your mom, it's never easy losing a loved one. About 6 years ago, a good friend of mine committed suicide. We learned about it after the fact since we had moved away. Anyway, not long after, we came home from shopping and found a big white feather laying in the middle of our living room. Didn't know where it had come from. No windows open, no birds, etc. Well, a couple of days later, went into the bedroom and there was a feather on the pillow. And it suddenly hit me. The friend who had died was named Bird. I really think this was his way of letting me know that he was still there and that he was alright.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This does seem to be a common occurance. Back in '88 my younger brother was killed on a motorcycle and the next day there was a new message on my parents answering maching in his voice saying "hi mom and dad, just wanted to let you know I'm here and I'm fine".

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss rubbertramp

Very similar occurrence happen when my grandpa died. Few days after the funeral we were all sitting at the dinner table (4 of us - my father, mother, grandma and I) when we heard the water running in the toilet.

Nobody else was in the house, but us. When one lives in one house long enough all sounds are very familiar. The sound of somebody flushing the toilet is something that you get used to very well. So it could not be mistaken for any other sound from outside the house.
We rushed to the bathroom, anyway - nobody was there. The next day at about the same time the door bell rang.
And nobody was at the door. The house is positioned in a way that you can see visitors coming and going, so it is not possible that anybody pressing the door bell can flee so fast from the view.
Well, even though I was a skeptic, and the rest of my family as well, I strongly believe that some form of of afterlife exists. If bonds between people are strong, the deceased person usually manages to get through, sending messages usually within 10 days period after physical death. I find it a little bit amusing and touchy at the same time. I believe that your mum wanted to assure you that everything is all right and that she is still there and will be somewhere around.
Also, very strange things were happening when my father passed away. But he didn't communicate directly, so to speak, but through the dreams.
edit on 28-10-2010 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2010 by Douriff because: mistake

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join