It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Musical Genius

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
In Spain, 'Flamenco' is considered to be spiritual music and also very emotional.

For those of you who dont know him and like this kind of music i give you...

Paco de Lucía, born Francisco Sánchez Gómez (in Algeciras, Cádiz on December 21, 1947), is a Spanish composer and guitarist. Recognized as a virtuoso flamenco guitarist all over the world, he is a leading proponent of the Modern Flamenco style, and is one of the very few flamenco guitarists who has also successfully crossed over into other genres of music. He enjoys, and has been a successful musician in, many styles such as classical, jazz and world music. He is the winner of the 2004 Prince of Asturias Awards in Arts and 2010 was awarded an honorary doctorate by Berklee College of Music in Boston.

edit on 27-10-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

This is the real meaning of "Musical Genius".

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Awesome thanks for making me want to quit guitar. These guys are crazy good.

As for me I learned how to fingerpick from esteban. My dad bought his guitar package from the home shopping network (lol) and I watched his dvd's one day. Although I'm not a flamaco fingerpicker.

Thanks for the vidz.

this is his daughter in the video with him.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Nice, nice.

Thats the sort of music thats played round here.

This is my one of my best friends in real life, another musical genius. Not saying that just because his my friend.
He got taught by the very best Spanish Flamenco pianist 'Felipe Campuzano'.

Thanks for that music it was great

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Wow thanks for making me want to quit piano. No really that was awesome is he playing in church? haha. I been playing guitar and piano for 20 years and still can't move my hands that dam fast. are they all on coc aine in spain? hey that rhymes.

Peace thanks.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

lol

When we were kids, he rarely came out. He was always playing the piano.
He had a gift for music since a young age. He doesnt play for the church, but yes hes playing inside a cathedral. He does different shows for free.
Does charity too.

This should not make you quit, it should inspire you.

edit on 27-10-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Wow, thanks everyone! Beautiful music. Paco is such a fine guitarist, he did some work years ago with Al DiMeola and John McLaughlin that turned me on to his talents.
How cool would it be to have Estaban as your father-in-law? He is not taken seriously as a musician by many because of his TV work but he is a very good player.
Ah, Spanish flavor - it's so unique. That is why I worry about stuff like the EU and globalism; I am afraid we will lose those flavors and end up with everything being same-ish.
We must not surrender our cultural heritage wherever we live. It has taken thousands of years for the arts to reach the place where they are now.
How fortunate we are to be able to hear so many great musicians on the web. Those of us who can't travel or have the money to buy concert tickets depend on the web.
Incredible talents, all.
Even Justin (leave it to Bieber)

join