It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Man For Himself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So, If this Western economy house of cards is about to fall down coinciding with 2012 & even the eventuality of a world war 3 - So long as I survive I'm going to make sure that I have...

A) My Woman.

B) Fresh running water supply & a Goat for milking.

C) A Chicken hutch brood of Blacktailed Hens for eggs.

C) Soil plots for Potatoes, Corn, Carrots, Courgettes & Onion etc.

E) Tomato, Pepper, Nettle & Marijuana/Hemp plants.

G) Internet, Local Connections, My community.

H) A Generator!

I) Double Barrel Shotguns & Sniper Rifles with long term sufficient supply of Ammo/Cartridges + 1st Aid.

J) Firewood, Firelighters & Matches.

...your personal opinions & feel free to add to the list in a scenario when it's every man for himself.
edit on 27-10-2010 by L.J.C because: double type

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Personally I would head for the hills. Screw the community at that point in time when and if it becomes "Every man for Himself." I would head for a very remote place. If everybody is going south, I will be going north. I believe if a situation like that breaks out, people would be less then desirable to deal with. I would stockpile meds too.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
& some damn good music! (8)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus
Personally I would head for the hills.

Yeah, I've had visions of living a wild life free of care, dodging bears in a wood cabin out in Alaska, fishing by the lakes & living off the land.

Anyway, no matter the sorrow or pain it's an interesting time to be alive!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by L.J.C

ATS member : meteoritics thread titled Suggestions from a post SHTF veteran had a link to a fantastic account of living in Argentina after their economic/social collapse.

It cleaves through the B.S .....
Thoughts On Urban Survival: Life in Post-Collapse Argentina

One of the most informative things I have read on the subject in a while.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.J.C
So, If this Western economy house of cards is about to fall down coinciding with 2012 & even the eventuality of a world war 3 - So long as I survive I'm going to make sure that I have...

A) My Woman.

B) Fresh running water supply & a Goat for milking.

C) A Chicken hutch brood of Blacktailed Hens for eggs.

C) Soil plots for Potatoes, Corn, Carrots, Courgettes & Onion etc.

E) Tomato, Pepper, Nettle & Marijuana/Hemp plants.

G) Internet, Local Connections, My community.

H) A Generator!

I) Double Barrel Shotguns & Sniper Rifles with long term sufficient supply of Ammo/Cartridges + 1st Aid.

J) Firewood, Firelighters & Matches.

...your personal opinions & feel free to add to the list in a scenario when it's every man for himself.
edit on 27-10-2010 by L.J.C because: double type

The every man for himself scenario only works for an extremely short time, in a very limited number of circumstances.

How are you going to feed your chickens while you are waiting for your corn to grow?
What are you going to do when you run out of matches? Do you know how to make new one and have the equipment to do it?
Petrol? Do you live near an oil well and know how to refine it into petrol?
Internet? Well I guess your going to need an ISP
What are you going to do if your crops fail one year and you have nothing to eat?
What are you going to do if you break your leg and can't tend to the animals / crops?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I think this is a good opportunity to watch evolution at work. For most of Human history Man has dominated. Plundered. Raped. Killed. This dog eat dog World has not worked, nor will it continue much longer. And I think many more People are aware of this than most realize. So I say let them run to the hills. Let them grab their guns and slaughter one another. Let them kill each other over immaterial things in which they own. And then, when all the self serving ones are gone. A real community of People that want to work in harmony and cooperation from rise from their ashes to build the World of ideals.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by davespanners

Yeah, the generator and internet thing is kind of stupid. Better off learning to live without that garbage.

The chickens on the other hand will find their own food. Really all you have to do is keep them from freezing to death or getting killed and they'll survive. Chickens in the yard are pretty low maintenance. That's why they're awesome. We're not talking commercial breasts or prize winners here. Just food.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
What ever the disaster. You need to look no furhter then the homeless people.
What are they doing to stay alive with nothing? Normally you see them
in tent cities, and in groups, generally they share what they have.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 19rn50

Yes indeed.

Humans as a rule are social animals, they share knowledge and resources to live more efficiently.

Not to mention that people who live in total isolation for any amount of time tend to go what is technically known as completely loopy, people need people, no matter how much we might dislike the fact

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HermitShip
reply to post by davespanners

I think this is a good opportunity to watch evolution at work. For most of Human history Man has dominated. Plundered. Raped. Killed. This dog eat dog World has not worked, nor will it continue much longer. And I think many more People are aware of this than most realize. So I say let them run to the hills. Let them grab their guns and slaughter one another. Let them kill each other over immaterial things in which they own. And then, when all the self serving ones are gone. A real community of People that want to work in harmony and cooperation from rise from their ashes to build the World of ideals.

See how bad the sexism is getting people?
Notice the dehumanization here.
Notice the lunacy.
Notice the hate.
Where have we seen this kind of insanity before? The Nazis.

Men, a major crisis is occuring. The human race is setting us up for execution. There will be a holocaust if we let this talk continue. Did you know artificial sperm has been created (as well as artificial eggs)? We are being sent a clear message. The human race no longer needs us. Soon, it will be kill or be killed if we let this continue. Do you understand that? Do you even care? It's time to speak up.

I'm not saying this based off of this one post. I have read many other posts like this and I am more concerned than I ever was. I can't remain silent anymore, as I myself am I man, and I do not want to die. Am I pushing this too far? Not at all. All you need to do, is simply open your eyes. You will see the signs all around you.

You must understand, we are animals now in the eyes of the enemy. Not just animals, like dogs and cats, we are pigs, rats, parasites... Even a cancer. What does this remind you of? The Nazis would be one answer. We are faced with a monstrous enemy who must be dealt with quickly, with heavy doses of sanity. If that fails, which I am sad to say, is quite likely. Then we will have to fight to the death, or get down on our knees and die.

If the blogging, and public speaking doesn't work to raise awareness quickly enough. History has shown us that the hatred will consume the populace. A new leader will rise to power. It will be a new Hitler. It will be a woman this time. She will take advantage of the hatred. She will brainwash and organize the populace into a frenzy and she will attempt to kill every last man on this Earth. She will see it as a form of payback for all the misdeads men have supposedly done to women and this Earth. Just like hermit here. Deep down though, it will be hatred of her father. It will be the psych warfare campaign created by TPTB that made her and every other woman do it.
edit on 28-10-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join