It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automated national sky watching network

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If we get enough people to do this, it could be REALLY awesome.
nomorestupidlights.blogspot.com...

FTA:

"I'm working on something pretty cool I want to tell you about. The fact that millions of computers have run the seti@home client in a desire to know whats out there has inspired me to come up with a more down to Earth program. I'm working on a system where people will be able to buy a thermal infra red "skywatcher", mount it outside their home, and plug it in to their internet connection. The skywatcher node will track everything that flies over head and report it to a central database. That database will cross reference flight databases such as "flightaware" to remove known commercial and civilian flights. It will let any person who has seen an anomalous flying object check the database for verification. This system will finally give Americans the ability to document and track any anomalous flying objects across the continental United States. Stay tuned for more info in the coming weeks.... "

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
this would be quiet usefull to every person looking to make contact one big issue for me and others living in this econemy price of this hardware

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Very interesting. It sure is a great idea, using seti concept of connecting a whole number of users, where each one can contribute (without doing anything, or very few, except the purchase and setup).

Why go to space when we can research right here on earth. How nobody didnt though about it (or at least tried to start it)

edit on 28-10-2010 by eddy_12 because: (no reason given)

join