It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All American Politicians, Are You Honorable Enough To Agree To This? The XXVIII Amendment !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The time has not just come,
the time has been here for a very very long while for the walk to match the talk, for real substance to replace scripted empty speeches designed to excite the populace for only a brief moment, only to fade into the quickly forgotten past. I am an advocate for orderly and lawful repair and a participant in my governance and the future of my country.
I ask you now, those of you who seek political office, to answer clearly and loudly should your desire to serve be met with your election, are you able and willing to honor and live within this amendment?

AMENDMENT XXVIII
Section 1,
All members of Congress, the Judicial and Executive and all those elected and appointed to the same,
Shall hold and be held to an accountability of speech and action for and to, promises, statements, and deeds, whether spoken, written committed, or inferred while campaigning, soliciting, or executing duties to the elected or appointed position.

No members of Congress, the Judicial and Executive and all those elected and appointed to the same,
Shall issue or demonstrate a speech or action of promises, statements, whether spoken, written or inferred while campaigning, soliciting, or executing duties to the elected or appointed position for the purpose of self or individual gain.

Any member of Congress, the Judicial and Executive and all those elected and appointed to the same whom shall deceive the free persons they are to serve, will be deemed as a domestic enemy and shall answer to the charge of the same.

Section 2,
The term of representative shall be no more than 2 years service in any of the several states and an individual shall only be eligible for 1 term in any of the several states.

The term of senator shall be no more than 3 years service in any of the several states and an individual shall only be eligible for 1 term in any of the several states.

The terms of president and vice president shall be no more than 4 years and an individual shall only be eligible for 1 term.

Section 3,
Upon completion of term in office, any member of congress, the judicial, and executive and all those elected and appointed to the same, shall return to their private lives and bear full responsibility for it, forfeiting any and all claims for further monetary or medical expenses for the remainder of their lives.

edit on 27-10-2010 by HappilyEverAfter because: order

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If I were running for office I would adhere to it.

S&F for this as it is well written and demonstrates a necessity to be added to the Constitution in order to prevent the continual raping and pillaging of it by the overlords. However, the only problem with getting such a thing passed is the fact that you would have to get the people it effects negatively to accept such consequences. I guess, of course, that is the point why you would ask those running if they would agree to it.

Amendments are old hat. Simply because the establishment has ignored the ability to create such a thing, passing super-sized laws and violations of the Constitution every other day. We have already let them destroy the meaning of the document, so why should they even care to follow through with an amendment, especially limiting something that they want.

This is a key point why revolution is necessary in order to create a scenario where something like that would even stand a possibility of holding ground. In the current state of things, and no matter which hole the elections lead us to, it will never come to pass.

Nonetheless, well written.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is something our country needs,
it is needed to survive and to grow, to begin the process of removing the corruption and restoring access to government for and by the people.
This is not a benefit to any party, it is a benefit to the people.
I know that I am able to abide by it, and I would expect any and all others to be just as capable.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Thanks GB , I would hope that something like this could be spotlighted and possibly pushed forward as an agenda by the people, as a part OF the revolution.
It would be nice to accomplish the changes needed in a peaceful manner, but I do hear you, loud and clear.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Star and Flag!

What a wonderful idea!
How would the scumbags in Congress deal with that? Being held accountable for their words?

OMG, they would sooner commit hari-kari than do what they promised!

I'm ok with that.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

When you have time, put together another Amendment, one providing for a no-loopholes flat tax that can never exceed 10%.

Churches ask for a 10% tithe, the gubmint oughtta be able to make do with the same1

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The term limits in section 2 is a great idea, one of the best "fixes" we could have is getting rid of the career politician and bringing governance back to the people.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Great idea!
You have my vote.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Members of Congress are already held accountable for their statements and actions by the Ethics Committee. Also, all elected officials are also held accountable for violations of law by the FBI and DoJ already. Even though only 4 Senators have ever been convicted in a Criminal Court, and only 15 Senators have been Expelled by 2/3 Senate Vote, and no one really seems deterred much by Censure anymore, our officials are held to the same laws as the rest of us already, and then some.

Of course, none of this ensures political "promises" just as no man can ensure pillow-talk "promises". Sometimes people say things that people want to hear. That's not a crime even though it is deceitful, nor should it be a crime...the reason being is that for as long as credulous people are eager to hear only what they want to hear then they bear half the blame for people choosing to cater to that.

As far as Term Limits, I'm personally torn on this one. I hold a personal contempt for Career Politicians and Noveau Aristocratic families (like the Kennedies, Bushes, and Clintons), as both types would have been repugnant to our Founding Fathers. However, there is something to be said for experience when it comes to playing Bureaucratic Games inherent in our Political Model. Take Ron Paul for but an example...even with years of experience with Congress he still can't play the game well enough to bring about change. Do you think that a wet-behind the ears Congressional Tenderfoot with an uncompromising sense of idealism could learn to work Congress any better in but 1 or 2 Terms? Although there are those that become entrenched in Congress and serve no other purpose than to take up space and filibuster any common sense legislation, there are other Veterans who have learned well enough how our Bureaucracy truly works and have learned to compromise and use it to get things pushed through. In such situations, there is no substitute for experience. So, I can appreciate no Term Limits in Congress even though I also hold contempt for those that stay in Congress indefinitely.

To be honest, if one wanted to restrict Term Limits then it would be more sagacious to change the Political Model first and foremost to one that isn't so prone to corruption, immobility, self-perpetuating self-service, and resistant to change. Only once the rules of the game have been changed can restricted Term Limits be beneficial to the governmental process and to We the People.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

While I certainly commend your efforts, honor, and respect towards the nation, no self-effacing poltician will allow this Amendment to pass, due to their own sense of false accomplishment, the bureaucracy they wall themselves within, and as well their corporate masters through the lobbyists, special interest groups, and Secret Societies.

This is because of the duplicitous nature of politics, a lack of ethics, and or morals within Government.

They do not know honor or keeping promises except to themselves and their allegiances.

Which sure is not the American people.

Would I hold myself accountable, to this standard you have written, HappilyEverAfter?

Most assuredly.

But not those within the confines of Washington D.C, Governor's offices, or below that.

Those people would much rather win re-election based upon smear campaigns, lies, and half-truths.

Not fulfilling campaign promises to the citizens who they have no intention of listening to.

When they can vote on their own pay raises?

Those politicians will not honor American and what is right.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/366698c1299b.jpg[/atsimg]

When they can appear to be doing their job while successfully dodging accountability?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef2b1f59c1b1.jpg[/atsimg]

When they can take legal bribes through lobbyist groups to fund their re-election machine?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8b413022d73.jpg[/atsimg]

When the Republicans and Democrats can fall back upon divisive partisan rhetoric?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a413f6e7db6.jpg[/atsimg]

When those citizens too ignorant to lead themselves follow and mimic that divisive partisan rhetoric?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/556b54d98101.gif[/atsimg]

Again, commendable, HappilyEverAfter, but other than those of us on ATS, it falls upon deaf ears and blind eyes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b48a17558d4.gif[/atsimg]

Too much corruption, too many Bailouts, and too much apathy, stupidity, and ignorance in the populace.

The citizens fear leading themselves except with M-16's, C-4, and a noose.

They have forgotten what it is to be responsible citizens and step forward into a position of leadership
edit on 10/28/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into The Post.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Your amendment would still make very little difference with out a major overhaul of campaign finance and the lobbing laws. You would still end up with the same clones sitting in the seats of congress, doing as there masters bid. They would know that upon leaving office they will have a nice job awaiting them, with a big fat pay check, just for doing a few little favors, for the corporation, lobbiest, individualizes that got them elected.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
One more thing should be added unless I missed it. No representative/senator federal or state will be allowed extra monies from lobbyist or any other source and have a base salary that can increase or decrease pending on proper service voted on by the people of such said representatives of each state.

Now that I have said that, is there a minimum term limit? If not shouldn't they be subject to being fired at any time by us? This would in all truth keep them on the straight and narrow. They should be evaluated each quarter based on how they voted. Oh...eliminate the electoral college also.
edit on 28-10-2010 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2010 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yes, how would the scumbags handle it?
I have viewed behaviors like most employ as acts of treason for decades now,
I'll never understand how it's justified in their heads, after all, they have a very short time on this earth and you would think that setting up your country for a future would be a legacy you would want to have contributed too.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

Term limits have to come into play. What better way to break the continued cycle of access to dirty deeds done dirt cheap then to NOT have the same career politicians sliding further and further into the corrupt pockets of lobbyists and outside influence.
It kind of removes the possibilities of hearing sentences like " well if we dont get it through this term, there's always the next" chuckle chuckle slap on the back, greasy grease the palm.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'll star and flag this for you for promotional reasons.

The idea is great, but the chance of this actually being added to the American Constitution are slim to none, if that.

But heck, you've got to start somewhere, you've got to start sometime.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
This is something our country needs,

needs?
absolutely

will they sign it or pass it as law???
absolutely not as long as the banks and
corporations have their manhood in the
vise grips. You have to sever that
connection first or appoint new
ones whose not in the vise grips.

but best wishes with it

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

The ethics review boards, whether state or federal may have once been a feared arm to dodge but not anymore, they are basically a joke, a layer of protection and actually a warning system to those who have soiled the political waters.
A complaint is compiled and notorized then filed, a gag is placed on all activities during the investigation and if it's broken the investigation immediately falls apart.
Interviews take place, information is 'shared' and 99.9% of the time, repairs can be made to 'positions' or 'materials needed' to clear or better defend the person in question.
The ethics review boards have been selectively designed to protect those who play for the same team and to remove those not willing to be ON the team.
I've dealt with this personally for almost 3 years now, and what an eye opener it's been.

Term limits I feel, Would, change the way the system works, there would be no feathering the bed and getting comfortable for the long haul.
As far as experience missing from the system, wouldnt EVERYONE be fresh meat and the turn over be so often that youd have to focus on your tasks a little better, a little more?
There HAS to be something that's thrust at the politicians, there has to be something done.
We can pick from our options, do nothing and give up, start a violent revolution to end up where? , or participate and push for action.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

We cannot fight in their shadows Spart,
nor can we subscribe to the theory that there is nothing that can be done through legislation, only to then reject the other option of physical response.
There can be no limbo.
View the sleeping populace as part of an entire body, just because it is asleep does not mean it is no longer viable or powerful or less than, it is asleep and needs shaken awake.
What do we do? What do you suggest?

The secret societies remain secret and in power by a small percentage with influence over a large percentage,
they remain in control by choice, choice of the sleeping to remain asleep, choices made by the rest of us to ignore them, or make fun of them or alienate them.

So many on here talk of armed revolt, and others say it can be done with the power of the vote,
and let's not leave out the "it's all over but the shouting america is done" group.

Why not push this, from the citizens, why not believe that something can be done?
What are the alternatives?
Do we continue to follow blindly or complain and complain somemore, and say how someting needs to be done and all they while just know silently, that we will continue to do, nothing.

I'd think pushing 1 thing through, that covered so many things, is a good place to start, and is realistic.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by diatribe
Your amendment would still make very little difference with out a major overhaul of campaign finance and the lobbing laws.

One thing at a time, and I believe this would begin to take care of itself quickly,
the pool of candidates in those traditional positions would thin just by available percentages.
edit on 28-10-2010 by HappilyEverAfter because: add

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

It's written clearly?
It covers enough or all the bases?
It has teeth?
All it's missing is a force behind it.
I mean my gawd they passed the 27th and all it deals with is their pay.
I guess I'm just getting too old and too out of patience with this obvious crap, and I'd really like to see some improvements as opposed to a complete national upheaval into chaos, which it seems these perennial pricks keep driving us closer and closer to.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join