It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC: Teens need another meningitis shot ~ it is eaiser and less confusing than waiting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The vaccine was initially aimed at high school and college students because the disease is more dangerous for adolescents and can easily spread in crowded conditions, like dorm rooms. Three years ago, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices said the vaccine should be offered to children ages 11 and 12. They believed the shot was effective for at least 10 years.

But the panel was told Wednesday that studies show the vaccine works for less than five years.

The committee debated adding a booster shot or simply push back the timing of the single dose to age 14 or 15. In the end, they voted for a booster dose at age 16, concluding it would be easier and less confusing to add a second dose after five years.
news.yahoo.com...

Did you see that ...EASIER AND LESS CONFUSING just to add additional shot , as opposed to just waiting.
the article does go on to say it was a 6 to 5 vote, which is unusually close for the CDC. I praise those members who voted against it .

I really don't want this to turn into a pro vaccine Vs. anti vaccine debate. I just wanted to point out they are happy to give our kids extra shots - more than recommended or needed- to make things easier.... and I'm sure to line the Big Pharma's pockets as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I decided not to post what I was going to originally say.. trying to avoid the whole pro/anti argument like you said. I will just say that I agree with you.

S & F

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

I'm betting we hold some same beliefs with all that !

join