It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disco balls and Directed Energy Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Is Disco Balls can be a very devastating weapon when hit by Directed Energy Weapons, particularly those that uses electromagnetic waves or photons like Laser Weapons as Disco Balls reflects those deadly energy beams to every possible directions?
edit on 27/10/2010 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
WOW ....

2nd line (ill take that warning now)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This will not become a meme. Your efforts have failed.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Simpsons did it

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
That might work, but first you need to stun them.....

WITH YOUR RAD DISCO DANCE MOVES!!!

link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Simpsons did it

I got this idea when I watch Sky High where Royal Pain turns Dr.Medulla(Sky High teacher with Superhuman Intelligence) into baby just like what she did to Everyone else but Will's Friends by shooting his raygun that can turn people into baby into Disco Ball first

link   
and Remember everyone, keep your posts on-topic

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Well good sir or madame, phosphorylase-kinase, when it's active, phosphorylase to phosphorylase-B to make phosphorylase-A, which performs phosphorolosis by inhibiting the phosphotase back reaction. Phosphorolosis produces primarily glucose-1-phosphate and some small substoichiometric amount of free glucose by the action of the alpha-1-6-glucocytase.

Did you account for this in your calculations?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Simpsons did it

That would be scary though. If terrorist went to the disco.

I would be suspicious of someone hanging a random disco ball up anywhere.

I guess it doesn't look so scary:

edit on 10/27/2010 by BrokenCar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Simpsons did it

Disco Stu is directing his energy weapon at you!

Oh my, right, let's see if we can be on what seems to be the topic: Space aliens using shiny disco balls to disperse energy weapons. Sounds plausible ... maybe they could embed death vibrations in the sound waves.

Wait, I think I just explained the 70's.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

reply to post by masonicon

Well good sir or madame, phosphorylase-kinase, when it's active, phosphorylase to phosphorylase-B to make phosphorylase-A, which performs phosphorolosis by inhibiting the phosphotase back reaction. Phosphorolosis produces primarily glucose-1-phosphate and some small substoichiometric amount of free glucose by the action of the alpha-1-6-glucocytase.

Did you account for this in your calculations?

This is have nothing to do with Directed Energy Weapons hits Disco Balls and harms everything nearby

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Simpsons did it

Disco Stu is directing his energy weapon at you!

Oh my, right, let's see if we can be on what seems to be the topic: Space aliens using shiny disco balls to disperse energy weapons. Sounds plausible ... maybe they could embed death vibrations in the sound waves.

Wait, I think I just explained the 70's.

I take offence to that, I liked the 70's. Although I'll admit that KC and the Sunshine Band were pretty scary.

Anyway, groovy thread.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Space aliens using shiny disco balls to disperse energy weapons. Sounds plausible ... maybe they could embed death vibrations in the sound waves.

That's how my dad died.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Take down your enemies with energy blasts, missiles, and disco balls of death.

Frobot

Giant Disco Ball could save the world for real!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So in a simple answer to correct the issue into a non issue coat your clothes with a non toxic silver and or aluminum. Not only will it look "GROOVY" on the dance floor, but you can direct those intense beams right back from the mirror they bounced from and kill the guy who pulled the trigger...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Good question OP.

The thing is, how would they get a disco ball in space? Oh yeah, satellites kind of look like disco balls don't they?

So if a direct energy weapon is pointed at a shiny multi-mirrored satellite would it be reflected in many directions or would it just explode?

To me it seems like it would be reflected.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The whole point of a directed energy weapon is that the energy is focused to a point and thus intensified.
If you split the energy up after you fire it you might as well not have bothered to focus it in the first place.

What you have created here is an undirected energy weapon

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ya The Simpsons did it...but not like 1980s

edit on 27-10-2010 by Granite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If someone hit a disco ball with a high-powered hand-held visible light laser (infrared would diverge too much unless you're talking a huge amount of power - generally too much to be found in a battery-powered hand-held laser) it's possible that bystanders could suffer eye injuries. A class 4 laser (anything over .5 watts) would be required unless the person using the laser was close to the ball and the bystanders were fairly close to it. There are some hand-held class 4 lasers out there so yes, it would be possible, depending on the circumstance, for an ignorant or ill-willed person to injure people in that way.

A laser capable of causing more than eye injury (say, skin burns) would likely end up destroying the disco ball itself before it caused a whole lot of injury to bystanders. Ordinary back-silvered mirrors are rather lousy at bouncing or deflecting laser beams and a significant portion of the beam's power is lost in the glass itself + whatever flaws are in the silver coating + dust, dirt, etc on the mirror's surface. Personally I wouldn't worry about that happening.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
But is this is really different story if the Directed Energy weapons that fired to Disco Balls(or Edward Cullen because he sparkles like Disco Balls) are Alien Weapons which far more advanced that human-made Directed Energy weapons like Anunnaki aliens in my parody movie project:Epic Crossover Movie did it for killing Hannah Montana, High School Musical, Jonas Brothers and the like as their first victims in their massive genocide?
edit on 28/10/2010 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join