It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any "big names" in Ufology post on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I just saw that ATS has a regular column in UFO Magazine. Do any big names or researchers post here? Any good stories in the UFO field break here on ATS first?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
almost all serious UFo researchers that have come in here at one time or another get disgruntled by the "skeptic" army, some are just plain ignorant and start name calling, some are educated and believe to know it all, some simply bash and bash, until said investigators just pack up their stuff and leave for greener pastures, this site is both a blessing and a curse, for every good interesting and worthwhile people that posts some troll or hater or whatever gets its point across, one has to take the good and the mongrel bits side by side!

Some members have more experience and evidence as any researcher, but most keep stuff to themselves, this is a very UFO unfriendly site regardless of first impressions!

Just keep your eyes open and your mind even more so, and you will find treasures of information here, amongst the hay!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Jouett
I just saw that ATS has a regular column in UFO Magazine. Do any big names or researchers post here? Any good stories in the UFO field break here on ATS first?

Well there are lots of UFO stories that "break" here on ATS...................but the vast majority of them fail at the first hurdle unfortunately!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I would love to see George Nap get a forum , the same way Jim Marrs has one . I think mr Nap would make a great addition .

John lear use to post here on ATS but I don't think he is an active member any more ?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Any researcher that can't stand to have their work challenged is not a real researcher. The great thing abount the scientific method is that it allows for criticisms and the pointing out of flaws in one's argument. However, many have taken the field of Ufology away from science and instead are using it as their own personal soap box. It's not so much a scientific discipline anymore as it is a religion with numerous denominations.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think if you ask most of the members here, they will say that they are the big name haha. Myself, I really like to hear what everyone else has to say about the UFO issues. I can easily find Knapp or Friedman online and see what they are saying, but I have to come here to see what the 'temperature' of each sighting is. As previously stated, ATS isnt very UFO friendly, but if you can sift through the garbage and pass off easily debunkable alleged 'proof' then this site is the place to be. Unfortunately you might have to read through 13 or 14 pages of people bashing the OP before you get a well thought out and meaningful post.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
John lear use to post here on ATS but I don't think he is an active member any more ?

Lear cannot handle opposing opinion; he wanted a soap-box, not a free exchange of ideas. He now accuses ATS of being a disinformation site

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Jim Oberg does. He's obviously a hard core skeptic, but I like skeptics. They make you tighten up your arguments.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO Partisan
Jim Oberg does. He's obviously a hard core skeptic, but I like skeptics. They make you tighten up your arguments.

Where can i find some of Oberg's ATS stuff, I would like to see what he has to say.
I agree with you on the skeptics, I'm a believer but have found myself to be more of a debunker with alot of the stuff that comes across the boards here.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Originally posted by UFO Partisan

Where can i find some of Oberg's ATS stuff, I would like to see what he has to say.
I agree with you on the skeptics, I'm a believer but have found myself to be more of a debunker with alot of the stuff that comes across the boards here.

He posts under his own name, a member search I would guess.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Travis Walton has been posting here recently, and handles skeptics very well, and in a straight forward way.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Travis Walton has been posting here recently, and handles skeptics very well, and in a straight forward way.

Mr. Walton has always been a huge name to me ever since seeing the movie when it came out. I didnt really know the story before then. I still cant watch the scene with his eye......(shudders)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

www.abovetopsecret.com...
He started posting at this post I think in this thread, and his identity was verified by the staff.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by youdidntseeme

www.abovetopsecret.com...
He started posting at this post I think in this thread, and his identity was verified by the staff.

Thank you so much. i saw this thread before but decided not to check it out since it was aout that fraud of a show MOT. Reading what he had to say about it only verifies that for me.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I totally agree, the only thing that can hold an experience is truth, and specially veracity, unfortunately proof means many different things to many different people, and the means to achieve it vary accordingly.
Some have come here hoping to shed some light on experiences that they don't even have an explanation, and lets face it, the skeptic army bashes discredits and gets very very personal on their comments, some people are educated enough to post precise and to the point questions regarding the experiences, while other will just start the barrage nonstop.

Everyone can believe in anything they want, but to me at least they should at least articulate claims for either side of the discussion in a way ideas can be exposed freely and unbiased, that is not always the case in here.
The posting of a disclaimer on the UFO board implies that things have gotten really out of hand lately.

Since no UFO case seems good enough or real enough to some and no matter the evidence will always cry fake, some investigators who are in it just for the $suspicion, those never return, and some simply get scared!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
I would love to see George Nap get a forum , the same way Jim Marrs has one . I think mr Nap would make a great addition .

I was wondering about Marrs. Is he the same as the MarrsAttack person (or something like that)?

I would like to see George Knapp take over C2C so he can't possibly be on here when he's busy over there.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Jouett

I saw Richard Dolan speak at the Pennsylvania MUFON conference a couple weeks ago outside of Pittsburgh, and he mentioned ATS favorably during his lecture on AD: After Disclosure. I assume he is on here occasionally, but there's really no way to know if he is posting.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I saw in a sticky Forum that Robbie Williams (British Pop-Star) visits this site, not sure if he posts alot and I'm not sure how good a Ufologist he is, but he certainly is a big name!
I wouldn't mind reading what he has to say though!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

he was banned,,, apparently some weird circumstances surrounded his banning

if you look on his site he goes into his side of what happened

it's a shame he gave some food for thought and some to crazy to entertain but certainly was entertaining

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
We've had more big names as "guests" than as regular contributing members....

Of course there is Jim Marrs and lately, Travis Walton. Lear used to be a regular member as well.

We've had Stanton Friedman on before, and George Knapp. We've also had Michael Horn; the North American rep for Billy Meiers, and a few others.

Not too long ago, we had some Q&A threads from these folks, that should be around on the site still.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join