It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do UFO sightings have to be accidental ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It seems to be a generally accepted view that ufo sightings are accidental. In other words they appear to people who are going about their business and catch them by surprise. Thus the activity of hunting UFOs is a waste of time. Or is it ?

Some people do have vigils at certain locations such as Hessdalen in Norway or Gilliland Ranch in order to catch ufos. This is understandable since such locations are known to offer a high probability of manifestation.

My point, in this thread, is that everyone can hunt UFOs anywhere and anytime they wish. There is no reason why they should not succeed in catching something interesting. There are techniques that can be used.

I believe that some UFOs are in fact related to entities that co-exist with us. However I do accept that there are other kinds of unindentified objects in the sky (such as man-made/secret technology crafts, elecrical dicharges such as ball lightning, other unexplained objects)

The electromagnetic spectrum is all encompasing. You have gamma rays and xrays at one end . At the opposite end you have micro waves and radio waves. In the middle somewhere you have the visible spectrum (between 390nm to 750nm) which is the light and colours we can perceive. Now , we already have CCDs in our cameras that can see slightly beyond this visible spectrum. Yet , although many UFO hunters use Near Infrared to catch UFOs, there are still a large number of skeptics who do not believe that filming in infrared gives an advantage.

Soon CCDs in you cameras will see even more than they do now. A new world awaits to be discovered. Of course some modifications need to be made (playing around with filters or removing them altogether).

I envisage a world where we scan see ghostlike figures through our adjusted cameras. Perhaps a peek at the fabric of the universe and what makes nature tick (sprites flying about, etc). Already we have CCDs going to 1000nm and many things are starting to become visible to us through the camera once we allow the infrared light to come into the ccd.

I know some will say that we already use xrays, infrared, gamma rays and radio waves. However these are used in laboratory conditions on specific tasks. Once the populace is equiped with the ability to see more who knows what will be discovered.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

There are no accidents. UfO's only allow you to see them if you're meant to, and they're not all what we think they are, some can be dimensional planes inside. The size outside can vary with inside for example, and what we remember in them, is what we are allowed to remember.

And if we are seeing them, it means more is happening behind the scenes but if we don't remember, we're not ready to know.

Its all about earth as as school, and testing ground, really, what we are ready for.

Sleeper had some good information.
edit on 27-10-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by crowdedskies

There are no accidents. UfO's only allow you to see them if you're meant to, and they're not all what we think they are, some can be dimensional planes inside. The size outside can vary with inside for example, and what we remember in them, is what we are allowed to remember.

I would probably restate what you said above by saying that if one truly believes in entities living in the astral or other dimensions, then there is a higher likelyhood that we will be drawn to situations favorable to witnessing UFOs. Just my opinion.

As for those who accidentally see a UFO but nothing is ever seen again for the rest of their lives, perhaps the trigger did not work. The individual may have made a choice to make the practical side of their lives a priority over the need to philosophise.

new topics

join