It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texans wary as polygamous sect moves in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Jeff Warrens, a known prophet/leader of the polygamous sect of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is building a compound in the small town of Eldorado, Texas. This homes in this compound, supposedly, will be housing the "elite" of the sect. Local and state authorities worry that they will continue their practices, underage marriages and polygamy, in Texas where both of these are unlawful. Concern of this matter especially arises because of the outcome of David Koresh and his followers in Waco, Texas.

news.yahoo.com.../chitribts/20040627/ts_chicagotrib/texanswaryaspolygamoussectmovesin

The curiosity soon changed to concern when anti-polygamy activists from Utah showed up for a news conference to reveal the identity of the group that had bought the 1,600-acre ranch: the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or FLDS, a secretive Mormon sect that practices polygamy and marriages involving underage teenage girls.

This caught my attention, especially being a native Texas, because I recall the horrific event that took place in Waco eleven years ago. Another interesting factor that came to mind is the predictions by John Titor, the infamous, proclaimed time traveler, that events similar to Waco would start occurring.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Darn them ruin Texas for us!

I think we should run them out of town, and then seceed.

Why seceed from the union you ask? Why not!

Aaah state pride. Got to love it.

new topics

join