It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe: Bankrun on 7th December 2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
reply to post by BrokenCar

Don't discount the initiative based on the number of people joining some web based rallying point. It's not whether they sign up that matters, it's whether they carry out the mission.

Quite frankly, I don't find it wise to advertise when the bank run is planned. Tell people the plan and what the intent of said plan will accomplish. Giving a date only allows TPTB to attempt to subvert said plan.

edit on 27-10-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

I am not discounting their efforts at all, quite the contrary I applaud them. I just don't believe a Government that will ignore all the protesting in the streets, will bat an eye when less than 1% close their accounts, by the 7th. In reality I hope it does catch on and even if they don't make a dent by the 7th maybe they will in the weeks to come.

Without advertising it would be kinda hard to get to that one percent.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Is there also going to be a "Break into a French persons house and steal there money" day organized at the same time..

So much easier then dealing with those tricky bank vaults

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Is there also going to be a "Break into a French persons house and steal there money" day organized at the same time..

So much easier then dealing with those tricky bank vaults

Ohh really, do people usually put stacks of money in their drawers for thieves to come and steal it?

Everyone has their hiding spots in their home, even little kids.

When I was a kid, I had my hiding spot.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

My thoughts exactly. What we need is a world-wide bank run. They have no power without our money.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by TheDeader

This should be done all across the world, the banks treat us unfairly, we give them our money and they give us 1-2% interest per year, they give us their money and charge us 20-30% interest per month.

Do you understand the BS behind that?

Stop feeding the monster zzz

Have to drop this quote as was reminded of it by your post:

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford
edit on 27-10-2010 by TheDeader because: added ""

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

So the French activists and others are protesting the government's austerity measures aimed at controlling runaway social spending which is leading European countries deeper into debt. Debt that must be controlled or future generations will be overburdened with debt and will have to work till they are much older than their parents or grandparents before retirement.

So we are all supposed to go to the bank and withdraw our money to make a statement. A statement against what, the austerity measures, the French Pension Reform Act which is an attempt to save France from eventual bankruptcy?

IMHO it is time the Europeans in general and the PIIGS nations especially get their financial situation in order.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

How About Jan. 2nd 2011 ? BLOODY MONDAY , It should be know by then if the Bush Tax Cuts will End or Not, and the Federal Reserve Bank would then be Hard Pressed to stop their current Plan of continuing the Devaluation of the US Dollar by Printing more Money ........ I'm in !

LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH WE STAND !

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Thanks for the pics and update, I will bookmark your source for future reference.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
So lets pick a date America.... whens our bankrun?

Nothing else has got their attention so far maybe a riot around election day would get their attention.

Let’s pick January 2nd we will give the 112th Congress one hell of a ride!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Oh dear Lord..

not ANOTHER "bank run" promise.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

But the difference is this is a French promise. When it come to stuff like this. They're MAD. I mean they do eat raw meat and egg and call it fine dining. It all the Toxoplasmosis!!!

Given th map that was posted on the Le Monde website and the support for these protest, I wonder if infact this will make a big impact, and a lot of people will be left very suprised.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

The French, and a lot of other european are not protesting austerity measures in general. ALL, and i mean all by that, of the austerity measures taken or planned in europe are targeting the normal middle (to low) class people.

Why have these austerity measures to be taken? Not because our 'welfare' states failed but because of banks an cooperations who played with their money and needed to be saved by the gov.

In Luxembourg for example the austerity measures are:
- a lot less money for education
- A special Crisis Tax(!!) on a persons revenue, pension
- Increase of social taxes
- 'unefficent' bus stations will be deleted
- No increase in retirement pension for the next 4-8 years
- 'Food money' for those in need will be decreased
- Overhours get more taxed
- and more

and we in luxembourg are having the least worse of the consequences

People here in europe are just so angry that not one of the banks or cooperations had to pay for the damage they caused. It was not the welfare system that brought us in this situation. Or is the problems you have in the U.S a problem of the welfare system?

The penson reform & the Stuttgart 21 stuff is just the straw that broke the camels back. The fact that 'we the people' do not have any influence anymore and that the gov. ignore us and just do what they want
edit on 27-10-2010 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wow, what timing!

I was just discussing the ramifications of such passive rebellion with my friends the other day. I have been working to fully understand how one might organize and assert some level of public control over a nationwide act very similar to this.

Would be nice to see it done, although so far I have been concerned with the dangers of the idea in my own research and contemplations.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by NOTurTypical

But the difference is this is a French promise. When it come to stuff like this. They're MAD. I mean they do eat raw meat and egg and call it fine dining. It all the Toxoplasmosis!!!

Given th map that was posted on the Le Monde website and the support for these protest, I wonder if infact this will make a big impact, and a lot of people will be left very suprised.

Isn't "French promise" an oxymoron?

J/K, seriously, we always hear about these "bank runs" prior to election season...

EVERY YEAR.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Does it really matter if they take all the money from their bank accounts? The banks would still operate with "cyber-money" which in reality doesnt really even exist...
And of course, they already know how to use money they don't have. Great idea but IT WON'T WORK!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

What you have described is INSANE!!! If they tried pulling that at this particular moment in time on the citizens of the U.S., I think you would have armed revolution. To me, the Obamacare bill that went through should have been the breaking point for Americans. Unlike European countries it isn't a tax to be able to use the medical system, it is a "requirement" to purchase health insurance. That won't even guarantee you medical assistance. If you have the wrong insurance provider, the doctor that is a preferred provider for a different insurance company doesn't have to see you. In fact, you'll have to pay out of pocket to use that doctor. It did nothing to address spiraling medical costs, nor insurance rate increases. It just mandated that un-insured get insurance and insurance companies could not drop "pre-existing" conditions. Then we're told that the un-insured that will be covered will drop the rates, but what we'll see in the next couple of years is insurance rates sky-rocket to "cover" those with the "pre-existing" conditions.

Back to the OP tho, I hope this works out for you neighbors over there. If there was only a way that we could get the middle/lower class to get together on something like this. Unfortunately everyone has a different breaking point, and currently in America, it hasn't been enough. The bank-run is the right idea though if you want to get directly to the source of the problem in this world. Hit the bankers where it hurts most.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
A bankrun run is a great idea for all countries.
Pull your money out of large, faceless bank.

You can also benefit in a few ways:

Open account(s) in your local community/society bank.
==> some put profits back into local community projects and charities.
Try out buying in your local food and vege stores in your area
==> helps small business owners in your area.
==> you get to know people in your community neighbourhood.
Buy American Made/Hand Made.
==> quality product that will last longer.
==> american jobs.
==> your 'purchase' probably wont show up in a recall notice due to lead or cadmium present.
Next Purchase - Ask yourself 1 question: 'do i need this, or want this'.

doing some 'local' purchases helps small business. the big corps will also bite it with the big banks.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDeader

Europe: Bankrun on 7th December 2010

jetzt.sueddeutsche.de

As source is in german, here my translation:
The ongoing protests in France had no effect on the politics. Unimpressed by millions of people on the street and refusing to work, the french governement has passed the pension reform bill. French activists now have enough of simple protesting. "Anyway the real power is in the hands of international banks and cooperations" are the words of the activists who call for a bankrun on December 7th to get the politicans attention
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
stopbanque.blogsport.de
www.alterinfo.net

Well if they plan to do it they better not wait until Dec 7th because the banks by then will have arranged with the governments to close to protect assets. The thing to do is to hit them right away with no warning.

tt
edit on 28-10-2010 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

The thing to do is to hit them right away with no warning

This is the best thing to do

I mean whats the point in telling the PTB well in advance what you are planing you can not give a date just do it.
It's like saying to your enemy i am going to bomb your base a week on Tuesday

Good idea but not if you give a date it needs to be random maximum impact they get wind of the plan they will be ready you loose

Thanks

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Really interesting.

Has some serious ramifications if done on a mass scale and if the French banking system is similar to ours with regards to fractional reserve requirements.

As history has shown, bank runs have the potential to cause a lot of problems.

Wouldn't surprise me if the establishment tried to prevent this from happening though Im not sure how they can legally prevent you from withdrawing your own funds. However, if they did try to prevent withdrawals, I dont think it would help to ease tensions...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join