It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe: Bankrun on 7th December 2010

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

Of course they are terrified! If the sheeple understands this...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by TheDeader
The initiative is just a few days old but it starts to go 'viral' here now. A lot of german/french/italian & greek blogs and newssites have started reporting.

Im desperatly searching for an english source / newssite about this : /

Greek protesters are currently setting up a website and spreading the word.

Honestly, i do not have much hope that this will work on december 7th. But it's a start and a message to the big guys that the people are fed up with useless protesting. And i think those kinds of ideas are better then violent protests.

What if their puppets create a law which will force people to keep the money in the banks?

Will violence make sense then?

Every single Active Duty, Guard and Reserve military person, and probably all DOD (Not sure about Federal employees) HAVE to have direct deposit for paycheck. It may not be a law, but for many of us it is a rule.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
And if this thing gets big, whats next? New system? Zeitgeist? Any thoughts? The countries would do what? Back the deposits? A lot of people will not be able to withdraw the money. But then again, would it worth anything after the collapse? How would we eat, move, etc?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
98 flags should be on the front page!
It is by the looks of things going viral anyway.
Personally i would like change,i will make sure my account is empty,but it will be like water off a ducks back unless the mass' participate.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I am a public worker in Portugal. I must have a bank account to get paid. But i can withdraw the money in the same day...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Oh JOY! Oh Joy!!!! A bank run!!!!

I gotta say, its never been truer to think, "all experience hath shewn that mankind is more disposed to suffer than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they're accustomed."

It took riots, formations of police, molotov cocktails, from Indonesia to the Isle or Ire... but SUFFERING they've had! and its about time the Guy Faux Masks come out. Its about time for someone to coordinate the abolishing the forms to which they're accustomed!

I am filled with glee at this news. No matter the banging, clashing, moaning and fear mongering these bankers will try to generate against a systemic bank failure, I know the cost is something worth paying! I also know its going to be MUCH LESS than the cost of keeping this chihuahua sized parasite affixed to the armpit of the younglings.

HURRAY FOR THE BANK RUN!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sakokrap

Great post!
My mom says this cannot work because they will block the accounts, they will not let the money go out!
The only way a bank goes bankrupt is due to management steeling the money with frauds, scams and ilegal operations.

Remember the electronic run on the banks of 9.11.2008? They blocked the accounts, or else...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The point is not so much to collapse the economy, although an organized public act to freeze up the banking system would be on heck of a statement that the people reject their financial overlords!

The underlying goal of this sort of idea is that the public can take it's money away from the corporate empires and in doing so weaken or destroy them directly. There are a few behemoth's around the world that control the vast majority of banking activity. There are also many, many smaller banking institutions that serve customers locally and if the publics wealth was distributed amongst many smaller banks the power and influence of any single bank would be much less of a threat to the political system.

This would also serve to greatly increase competition for public monies which would force banks to be more cautious about how they treat their customers. Fewer fines, more respectful service and in general, less eggs in one corrupt basket.

It is the combination of actions that leads the people to do more than rebel..

It leads them to RESHAPE the systems in which they live, which is their right as citizens.

It is about the average American, or Frenchman or whomever, taking back the power of the consumer to dictate the destiny of the corporate entities which exist to SERVE us.

These companies and their employees are indebted to the people that GIVE them the PRIVILEGE of safe guarding our monies. Just as our politicians are given the PRIVILEGE of SERVING the citizens of a nations.

We have forgotten this basic fundamental of both democracy and capitalism and now that it is clear that our servants have become our masters, it is time to put them all back in their place..below the citizenry!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The last time I tried to cash a big check for work done the bank that was on the check stated to me we can't cash that now you must notify us before hand. The branch's don't or wont give out large amounts of cash we don't have the capability. This was also stated when I relocated and closed an acount so I could open it in another state in the US. that was only state to state transfer with the same bank. A 24 to 48 hour notification had to be done with my home branch.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
A bankrun run is a great idea for all countries.
Pull your money out of large, faceless bank.

You can also benefit in a few ways:

Open account(s) in your local community/society bank.
==> some put profits back into local community projects and charities.
Try out buying in your local food and vege stores in your area
==> helps small business owners in your area.
==> you get to know people in your community neighbourhood.
Buy American Made/Hand Made.
==> quality product that will last longer.
==> american jobs.
==> your 'purchase' probably wont show up in a recall notice due to lead or cadmium present.
Next Purchase - Ask yourself 1 question: 'do i need this, or want this'.

doing some 'local' purchases helps small business. the big corps will also bite it with the big banks.

Great Idea! Buying local will help out everyones local economies and build
local businesses. It is like rebuilding from the the bottom up instead of top down
which everyone already knows doesn't work. I also agree with a showing unity
with the E.U. peoples on a bank run. If they do it in December and we do it in
January it will be a Staggered event which will make it much more difficult for
the powers that be to fend off. I smell blood.........

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't know why French people are considered to be "punks", when they have bigger balls than Americans. They've had MULTIPLE revolutions. Real revolutions from the common man, not intentional revolutions meant to create a capitalist slave nation.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
double post...
edit on 29-10-2010 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by sakokrap

Great post!
My mom says this cannot work because they will block the accounts, they will not let the money go out!
The only way a bank goes bankrupt is due to management steeling the money with frauds, scams and ilegal operations.

Remember the electronic run on the banks of 9.11.2008? They blocked the accounts, or else...

Then take it out now before they block people.

Like I have been saying, fractional banking is a giant ponzi scheme.

Last ones out lose everything.

Get out while you can.

I have been out for more than two years.
edit on 29-10-2010 by Common Scarecrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I actually did it years ago.

Not took all my money and stuffed it into a mattress, but took my money away from the large "money center banks" and deposited it into a great little local bank. They have 4 or 5 branches total - all within 10 miles of my house, are rock solid financially (they weren't affected an iota in the great meltdown of 2009), and they know me and greet me by name.

Also got rid of all my credit cards from the "big guys" & got one Visa card from my local bank (need it for travel mostly), and that's it.

Only thing still in a large financial institution is my 401K. They're actually decent re: interest compared to the big banks, but it's still pretty paltry. I can't afford the tax hit for withdrawing it otherwise I'd withdraw that too.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter

I actually did it years ago.

Not took all my money and stuffed it into a mattress, but took my money away from the large "money center banks" and deposited it into a great little local bank. They have 4 or 5 branches total - all within 10 miles of my house, are rock solid financially (they weren't affected an iota in the great meltdown of 2009), and they know me and greet me by name.

Also got rid of all my credit cards from the "big guys" & got one Visa card from my local bank (need it for travel mostly), and that's it.

Only thing still in a large financial institution is my 401K. They're actually decent re: interest compared to the big banks, but it's still pretty paltry. I can't afford the tax hit for withdrawing it otherwise I'd withdraw that too.

Better to withdraw it now and take a hit than lose it all later. Things are about to get nasty.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I have been considering this as well. The problem for most people is that they are allowed to refuse to give you the money if the 401K is through your employer.

In this case, the only way to withdraw it all is to lose your job... sneaky eh?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
reply to post by Mr. D

I have been considering this as well. The problem for most people is that they are allowed to refuse to give you the money if the 401K is through your employer.

In this case, the only way to withdraw it all is to lose your job... sneaky eh?

yeah, it is sneaky to say the least however you can still take it out by taking the
percentage cut and taxing what is left over from what I understand. You might have
to double check but it is still your money and you can do what you will with it. They
want and will do whatever they they can to get a piece of what is not theirs at any
price (especially if we are that price). Fight the good fight.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCar

Originally posted by TheDeader

Im desperately searching for an english source / newssite about this : /

Reporting on even the protest has been slim, well here in the U.S anyways.
I don't think most people here even realize whats going on over there.

Yeah, it might give us ideas

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Your mom is wise, if she says they're going to eventually deny people their own money... money that has been deposited in a bank.

Here's the logic behind it:

A meager 3% of the total money supply can be found in a cash form (at least in the (former) US of A).

The bank can loan nearly 90% of your deposited funds (if in a "savings" account) to someone else.

If only 10% of depositors ask for the full measure of their money back, the bank is left without any liquidity (without cash).

Have you noticed that banks are "highly liquid" of late? Sitting on piles of cash without investment. They already know they're going to have runs.

When they begin to feel the pinch on those cash supplies, likely they will have their hooker-filled lobby parties in the District of Criminals help legislators understand the importance of a Bank Holiday.

So, your mom is right on this one. All the money in circulations is just 3%, with the bank retaining only 1% of deposited funds, and 5-13% of the people asking for all their money back does one thing: break the bank (hallelujah!).

Best to be one of the "early birds" and remove funds sooner than later.

Money Orders can be an effective alternative to a bank check. Sure, they cost a few pence, but it can be very pleasing to deny bankers even a hand in your transactions. A residual plus to this is you will begin enjoying your transactions as Mr. Anonymous!

Me personally.... I can't even do the "local" banks. These are institutions that are conducting themselves in the very same manner as the corporate banks (visa vi fractional reserve banking). I believe that system to be immoral myself, but don't fault anyone for choosing a bank.

Nonetheless, I find no purpose for a bank in the 21st century. They were institutions that allowed for certifying metals, issuing script (instead of carrying 5 lbs of silver around), and investment portfolios. Since everything is now fiat paper, there are few paper investments worthwhile in the 21st Century (or much better BlackSwan investment groups), and now anyone with any sense prefers metals (gold/silver, brass/copper/lead)... why in the hell would anyone give a "banker" full access to their funds?! wtf?

"Hey Mr. Smith, can you take all my pay check, and give me back some (if you have it on hand) when I ask for some? Meantime, why don't you loan it to someone who can't pay their mortgage on a house appraised higher than its worth and get the taxpayers to fund any of your losses." wtf is that all about?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join