It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 Electorate Still Looking More Republican Than in the Past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
From the latest Gallup poll leading up to the election. Plus, there is comparison data from previous elections.

It says the data is for likely voters (more accurate than asking everyone in a polling sample) and assumes a 40% voter turnout.

source

Note the bottom section of the table for all of those that think that liberals and progressives rule the world, your highest percentage was only 21% in 2006.

In fact, there are always at the very least twice as many people calling themselves conservative as there are calling themselves liberal.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f233a408b048.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10/27/2010 by centurion1211 because: added more text

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

People may wonder how such an insignificant portion of the populace can be so prevalent in our lives. It is an ideological thing. Progressives want to control and manipulate others, that is why they are so involved in things like school, media, political and other things that are used to manipulate others. Whereas conservatives and moderates do not want to control and manipulate others, they want to be left alone.

Here is an excellent documentary on the way that the progressives push their agenda. They use group think and demonization to push their agenda.

Here is the website for the documentary-indoctrinate-u.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Liberals have such disproportionate control over our society due to their heavy influence in academia and journalism. Two professions which are heavily involved in the political realm while Conservatives tend to remain in finances and are the ordinary working class, you are trying to create a false reality by refusing to acknowledge common truths. That is why the media is labeled liberal because journalists have said that person-to-person interaction they are able to have has given them a special insight into our world and that has moved their politics towards Liberalism.

Conservatives have done their part in chasing Conservatism out of the public sphere by discouraging people from working in government with famous phrases such as “government is the problem not the solution”. Why would people with Conservative politics want to work in a field that their political heroes have deemed ‘the problem’?

Generally affluent households which are not involved in the business sector are overwhelmingly Liberal and many of the affluent who vote Conservative are admittedly Liberal but vote for Conservatives due to financial reasons.

It has absolutely nothing to do with trying to control people and you are trying to paint an entire group of people with a broad brush. Is that not what you accuse Liberals of doing with the Tea Party? Ever try really thinking about how the world works outside of your distorted partisan views?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

yeah 40% conservative and 20% call themselves liberal and the rest just steam along in life working and just living

the liberals are outnumbered but the liberals are well placed in society to exert their influence to unprecidented levels.

one man saw this and made his mark on this country and his name is murdoch which caters the the majority of americans.

but that one station alone cannot really compete with the rest of the main stream media,hollywood and tv and public education..

we all know whats what in this country and yet we do nothing but sit here and take the abuse.

left right progressive center we are all being held hostage to those small numbers the thing is what are we going to do about it all we know the problems and we fight each other because both think they are in the right.

well i know im in the right and i seek to fight authoritarian totalitarian rule and at this moment the progressive left is my enemy and that puts me on the right of their end goal.

if i sit here and do nothing then all is lost which i will not have.
edit on 27-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Liberals have such disproportionate control over our society due to their heavy influence in academia and journalism. Two professions which are heavily involved in the political realm while Conservatives tend to remain in finances and are the ordinary working class, you are trying to create a false reality by refusing to acknowledge common truths. That is why the media is labeled liberal because journalists have said that person-to-person interaction they are able to have has given them a special insight into our world and that has moved their politics towards Liberalism.

Is this an agreement to what I postulated? Up until say 20 years ago, there were almost no conservative voices in radio or television. Just as free markets always fill voids, so too did the conservative voices begin to dominate the airwaves. This can be seen by the total dominance of viewers and listeners to the conservative media. Now, we (that includes I) need to differentiate between conservatives and Libertarians.

Conservatives have done their part in chasing Conservatism out of the public sphere by discouraging people from working in government with famous phrases such as “government is the problem not the solution”. Why would people with Conservative politics want to work in a field that their political heroes have deemed ‘the problem’?

So you are agreeing again here with my postulate, that conservatives or more accurately described as libertarian principled folks do not want to gain control over others, basically because it is the exact opposite of what they believe. I think it is time we begin to differentiate better between conservatives and libertarians.

Generally affluent households which are not involved in the business sector are overwhelmingly Liberal and many of the affluent who vote Conservative are admittedly Liberal but vote for Conservatives due to financial reasons.

You will have to be more specific when you say Liberal. I am a Liberal when it comes to social issues. This being a basic tenet of my beliefs, being a Constitutional Libertarian. But when it comes to fiscal I am whole heartedly conservative. The use of conservative and liberal should be equated to one of the two better descriptors. What do you call someone that believes in Liberal social issues and a large and controlling government?

It has absolutely nothing to do with trying to control people and you are trying to paint an entire group of people with a broad brush. Is that not what you accuse Liberals of doing with the Tea Party? Ever try really thinking about how the world works outside of your distorted partisan views?

Well, being a partisan of the Freedom Party, that is attempting to infiltrate and bring down the Neo Conservatives, I feel that we on both sides of the aisle need to define our positions.

Liberal social issues
Conservative fiscal issues
Individual ownership of one's property, life and responsibilities.

I think the major problem has become the credit society the banksters have created. At one time people were able to save their money to make it through lean times. But with the advent of the declining value of our currency, the government has made it darn near impossible to. That was the beginning and the end of their control. I am sick of control, always have been, always will be.

If you watch even one of those videos, you would see what I mean by what they do in the schools.

top topics

join