It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason Monument at Oak Ridge Cemetery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hello everyone. Recently on a visit to Oak Ridge Cemetery in Springfield Illinois, sight of the Lincoln Tomb, I came across a large rectangular plot. At three of the four cardinal directions were large stone chairs. From these chairs was a path which led to the center, where there was a large stone altar and book engraved with the Freemason symbol. I also noticed everyone buried in this area was a Mason. Could someone please explain the meaning or significance of this monument. I find it extremely intriguing. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I have seen this before on websites. It is a symbolic lodge, closed for all eternity. The men around the altar are masons. The altar has a closed bible on it, with a closed compass and a square below it

||
\/

more or less, right?

It is a beautiful monument.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
www.chick.com...
A great little booklet about masons and whom they really worship

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Do you really thing you can reach 3500 points by posting the same link over and over. This must be nearly a half dozen times ?

I think not.
Perhaps you should consider a new hobby?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
My dear DTOM, to what are you referring?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
My dear DTOM, to what are you referring?

Last night, there was a poster who posted the same link to several threads here in "Secret Societies" (it was a link to the Chick tract about how we Masons actually worship something called "Baphomet," and of course about how eeeeeevil Shriner's fezzes are). Apparently, his posts have been erased somehow... possibly he was banned? His name was Zell.

P.S. I now have information indicating that he was banned.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yes, and I assume all the posts are on universla ban.
Curiously enough, the Punisher has posted the same link to attack you, Brother Alex: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by ThePunisher
chick.com/reading/tracts/0093/0093_01.asp just had a look is this book about 'alex' kennedy?

Maybe zell and the Punisher are one and the same.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 30-6-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
[ "Baphomet," and of course about how eeeeeevil Shriner's fezzes are). [edit on 29-6-2004 by AlexKennedy]

I believe my collection is doing some kind of Caribbean Calypso ala "Beetlejuice (Betelgeuse)"... where did I leave my copy of "The Handbook For The Recently Deceased" (reads like stereo instructions)... Maitland�s rule... Dietz�s and Otho suck... Shriner Monkey out.

p.s. I�m so horribly lost in the 80�s.

top topics

join