It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political 'Tabula Rasa'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Political 'Tabula Rasa' - or - Why not start from scratch

It is a fact, i think, that the world has evolved faster in the last century then it has ever done. New technology, new knowledge and findings are created and made every day. Yet a lot of stuff that is in our laws and our system (political) is from decades ago. The problems (and possiblities) that come from the evolution of our species and technology are added to the existing laws which make them more complicated and leave more and more space to errors and frauds.

Our school system (for example) is rooted in the industrial revolution, where there was very limited amount of possible jobs (segments) you could do / work in. Today there are way more segments then it that time and for each segment you need way more knowledge then in the industrial revolution time. But as with the laws all the new 'stuff' just gets added on top of the laws / schoolsystem / whatever that already exists.

The following thought has been in my mind a long time and i always wondered why no one has ever tried to do it:
Why not gather experts and representatives from around the world (philosophers, sociologists, mathematicians, et cetera) and write everything new from scratch. Be it the Human rights charta, the constitution, you name it. Apply current knowledge to it and make it easy updatable for the evolution (science, etc) will be even faster tomorrow then it was today.

Why base our system an laws/evaluations that were made when the problems of that time where just a tiny percent of the problems and situations we have today / did not even exist. I never got that one. Maybe they are just to lazy

Hope you get what i want to say with this and i hope you can help me to understand why no one just throws away our lawbooks and stuff, gets out a clean white paper and starts all over from todays perspective.

Thanks for reading
(i hope that this is the right forum for my thread)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is a fabulous idea!!! Too bad that ONLY the new paper would be blank.

I think too many people would, regardless of pure intentions, still bring to the table a few of their ingrained ideas that actually don't have any relevance in today's society. You know, those same ideas/laws/systems/whatever that we're trying to change or do away with. And being that in theory we'd be drawing from minds from all walks of life and professions, we'd either 1)never agree on anything significant or 2)we'd all start giving "concessions" to someone else's dogma so we could include a bit of our own. [For the record, I don't say dogma in a religious sense here, all though I guess it could apply to religion as well.]

I love the idea, but it seems to me it just wouldn't pan out. Thanks for making me consider something radically different though, it'd be great if we could make it work somehow.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I wish the entire world could forget all their differences and live as if we were all on one planet working together for the advancement and survival of our entire species..

It's almost as if we are being lied to in order to keep our attention tuned on hate towards each other. Our population is many, the jokesters are few.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Did you type out your OP on a QWERTY Keyboard ?

Some inefficiencies are by design ..... perhaps this goes for the political realm also ?

I most definitely see the merit in your suggestion but alas, just as in the case of natural selection , it/we cannot go back, wipe the slate clean and start afresh .More like we must `graft-stuff on` ..... and hope that one day we have a bunch of vestigial political organs that can be harmlessly removed.

Los Alamos stands as the closest actual example of pooling such genius, albeit with unimaginable destruction in mind.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

QWERTZ

I admit that this idea is a bit *unicorns and rainbows* style, at least in the way i presented it here.

Some years ago i was so naive to think the EU (during its fouding time) would be an ideal platform for the 'tabula rasa' idea. But even though the European Union was still very small and the members had almost the same ideals and political targets they just recycled the old rules and thoughts about a united europe.

Knowing that the political (/school/finance) system can not be changed within days it could be implemented over time. But even if no point from this paper is actual put into action it would be nice to see what the content of that 'tabula rasa' paper would look like.

Now i just see ourself inherit the system(s), its flaws, problems etc, from our ancestors. We change and manipulate it(them) but it(they) just get(s) worse and more complicated.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Double Post - My apologies
edit on 27-10-2010 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

We have to dare to dream: TheDeader .

---------

We would need a small wealthy country to conduct our experiments ....

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDeader

Beautiful idea, that TPTB would not let happen on their watch.

Perhaps in another context: such as a new micro-nation, that exists only virtually ?

top topics

join