It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to win?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So I have read the book 1984 many times. I just watched the 1984 movie. And it brings forth 3 questions I would like to pose to ATS.

Is it best to not know the truth at all?
Is it best to know the truth, and ignore it?
Is it best to know the truth and do everything in your power to help spread that truth no matter the cost?

I have been thinking about this a lot lately... To not know the truth is to find some peace in believing everything can and will be fixed. And just go about your life. Always believing what is been shown to you on the news and the major news sites. Thinking the best thing to happen was the saving of the stuck miners. Or the new color nook.

The second choice is knowing that what we are seeing are lies and deceit. Knowing that no corporation is there to help people there job is to make money no matter the cost. Question the actions of the government. But having the thought “What can I do?” So you go on having moments of frustration, anger, sadness and an internal fight over what to do.

The final choice that is a hard one because everyone has there thoughts on it. From violence, writing and calling the government, voting to have there voice heard and I am sure there are many things I have not even thought of.

I have been driving myself crazy by bouncing between trying to ignore it, and sending emails and phone calls. Not knowing the correct way of seeing the truth. So I ask my fellow ATS'ers what do you think. What helps keep you from thinking yourself crazy. Because if we all do that we have lost.

Thanks
Crash

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
its best just to be happy in yourself everything else is just bs.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

Truth is the truth hurts and with that, yes I would prefer the truth. I do know many do not wish to know but some are naturally driven to it for some reason. I mean yea it would bother me if I found out humans were on the universal menu. But at the same time even if I died before stopping it I may of shared it (the truth) with others who may survive and succeed to further preserve the species.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

What helps keep you from thinking yourself crazy[?]

First of all, truth has never been anyone's enemy except those who covet it as a commodity for their own purposes. Seeking truth cannot be a crime nor can it be wrong in any sense or interpretation. Only laws written by those who have used secrecy to their own benefit, will seek to dissuade those seeking the truth.

Secondly, there is the obvious that is never spoken. There are a lot of obvious truths that are denied despite the lack of any foundation for the denial. And because we are largely easy to control, as a population, rewarding a general denial of those most obvious truths is one way to prevent them from becoming acknowledged by the whole.

Last, there is your own inner fire that must burn for there to be an effort. If it burns without heat, you will have light but no drive. If it burns hot but with limited flame, you will have the desire but still not know where you are going. It is easy to find yourself consumed by anger when you do not have both of these at your command... and the anger will make you bitter to all, including yourself.

So, seek the truth as you wish and do not fear the consequences... unless you are out on the rail without the full flame of devotion. If this is the case, you may wish to step back and reconstruct your paradigms before it finally does you in.

Cheers

edit on 27-10-2010 by redoubt because: Typos

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I agree completely. I have always been drawn to the truth or at least some version of the truth. And sometimes that truth does hurt. I just wish more people could open there eyes and see at least some of the truth. I was trying to talk to someone about MKUltra and they would not believe it even after I showed them some of the documents that have been released. They just said the government would never do something like that.
But a least I showed them.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Very nice reply, and spoken very truthfully. The truth is there to save us all.

Off-Topic
I hope you don't mind I used part of what you said in my signature.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
In the event of a survival situation, and this is going to sound extremely harsh but, the "truth" isn't for everyone, and nor should it be. If / When the SHTF, these ignorant people are going to be the shield by which you are going to be able to survive. The truth is that about 1/3 of the survivors are literally going to sit down somewhere and starve to death out of pure shock.
Thank god for that. That's 1/3 less people after the food you will need to feed your family, 1/3 less the people occupying good safe houses, 1/3 less the people using up priceless medical supplies, 1/3 less the competition adding to the mass hysteria that's about to take place.
You aren't going to be able to save everyone.
In my opinion, tell those you care about, and those who are of like mind. Anyone else... forget them.
If those you care about don't believe you, at least you'll have that "told you so" factor to shake them awake in the aftermath.
edit on 27-10-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

You are correct it may be harsh but, still the truth. The ones that will be caught off guard will be the ones most likely without any food storage or things of that nature. I never thought of it that way.

Thanks

top topics

join