It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large student bullies tiny nun teacher.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

it is completely normal behaviour when you take in to account how society has been conditioned over the years!!

it's like we've got up to a certain point of mental evolution and not "able" to go further, now we're just falling over ourselves going round and round in circles.

i think people know things are wrong but alot don't like too deeply about things, but, alot of people are finding out about things. look at religion, alot of people know deep down it's a fraud, it isn't quite right. but, they don't know, don't want to know, feel fearful to know of other angles on that sort of subject(s).

it all comes down to the mental prison we're in and fear of the unknown!!

"I think that by 2012 you will have people that are enlightened (open, honest, caring, loving, united to the divine) and those that still seek humanity's lower natures (suffering, misery, hate, separation from the divine) but at least the scale may be tipping more toward enlightened."- Hermes Trismegistus
edit on 27/10/10 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I would just like 5 minutes with the student so I could give him a lesson in what it is to be bullied.

My friend,
I would like five minutes with he and his parents... who, I am sure, are the root of his problems in respect.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by darkdays4u

I agree the story is about bullying and that is a problem. I am looking also though at the sign here of a society that is accepting the abuse of a woman. I never said it was right for a woman to hit a man, I do not find it appropriate for one to strike another aside from the spanking on the rear of a child for disobeying the parent. Even in that case the spanking must be completely controlled so that is it not abuse.

There is a difference between abuse and discipline.

However, I see a problem here that shines out more than in other cases. What I mean is that it has always been that the smaller male is picked on by larger males and visa versa with the females. However when I see a young male making a victim of a female I can only assume that bullying is learned from family, peers, or media. I also see that this is a sign of larger problems for the kid.

As I was growing up yes the larger picked on the smaller, I will accept that as being normal (disliked but normal) within limits. I never saw a larger male bullying a smaller female though. There was a unspoken rule that you just did not do that because the abuse of a female by a male is wrong.

Raist

edit on 10/27/10 by Raist because: spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I treat both men and women equally. I hold doors and help those who I am able to, yes, it is common manners. I also still believe a woman should be treated like a woman. To think that everyone is the same is obtuse in the very least. Men and women are different, and should be seen and accepted as such, yet as people they should be treated the same.

Meaning women should not be viewed as less than men. However, they should be seen as a different being from a man as well. It is our differences that we should celebrate and love. Every human though deserves the same rights wise which is what the basis of the feminist movement was about. Equal rights to jobs, voting, and overall human treatment.

Raist

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
This is normal human child behaviour, and if you pretend it is not you are lying to yourself. This kind of thing has always happened and always will happen.

A lot of people never grow out of it either.
edit on 27-10-2010 by EnactedEgoTrip because: (no reason given)

It has and will always happen, yes, but it certainly is not "normal" ..

IMO, charge them with assault, in the other case, sexual harassment, and expel the morons .. seems like a simple solution to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I agree with what you just said, but the way I view the feminist movement is not as a movement promoting equality between the sexes in regards to rights, but I see it as an agenda promoting the supremacy of one sex to another. The name itself is indicative of a one-sided agenda. Anyway, my apologies for diverting the topic matter, which involves a 15 year old moron abusing a weaker person.

I believe schools should be more militarised, I'm not talking about beatings (Which as i'm aware, does not happen in western military anymore), but they should enforce discipline more harshly. For example, if one of us screwed up they would enforce PT exercise upon the entire platoon. In a class setting, this would encourage a class to function as a unit, for the betterment of the education of the entire group. Just an idea.

edit on 27-10-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

This happens all the time at my school, students making fun of teachers just to show off.
I've been a smart ass to a lot of teachers, but only because they are permanently angry, or flame me for something I didn't do, or wasn't really much.

It's a bit over the top that the bullying was continuous. I don't think it's called for.

Oh and Raist, Is your avatar from the movie V for Vendetta?

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
yes you are correct "This is normal human child behavior, and if you pretend it is not you are lying to yourself. This kind of thing has always happened and always will happen."

[gratuitous spam link removed]

edit on 10/28/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Then can you explain why kids who were brought up with a good old-fashioned woop-butt (when they desrved it) would NEVER have done something like this and they grew up RESPECTING their elders. But in todays society where a decade (or more) has gone by without the above - has produced kids like these?

I'm not saying you're wrong or right, I'm asking you for your opinion why 'my' generation (who has no lasting scars from 'the wooden spoon') wouldn't even concieve of acting out like this bully - yet - kids these days think nothing of it.

peace

edit on 28-10-2010 by silo13 because: eeek

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting!! Just one more reason to bring back corporal punishment in our schools.

I went to Catholic school for 10 years and this type of behavior 20+ years ago would not be tolerated nor would it have even occurred. We had corporal punishment back then and that treatment of a teacher would have gotten your hands smacked by a wooden ruler until they were red and puffy. Probably why there was never a problem like that.

Above all, back then, we actually respected and also feared our teachers and authority figures. That is not the case any more. My next door neighbor is a retired teacher with 30 years at the chalk board. She still subs in the Cleveland schools every now and then and she is amazed at how she and her fellow teachers are treated by the students.

I'm tired of people making excuses for these kids. It's time to say enough is enough. These kids need to know their place in the schools and in society. Above all, they need to be taught how to respect authority.

I don't even want to get started on the whole parental role in this new behavioral pattern.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I agree that the feminist movement with many has steped away from its design. The respect given though to everybody is the same at first after they have shown they are disrespectful they get a lower degree of respect.

That said I still believe that women deserve a bit more respect again it goes back to the differences we have.

(what I am about to say is not a bad thing and does not represent everyone, it does seem to be more common from observation)

Many women are often a bit more emotional and a bit more nurturing then men. I believe that men often rough house and pick on one another more often in the physical ways. In many instances men are physically stronger and their bodies have adapted to a rougher bit of play.

Having said that any woman who wants to do what many view as a mans job is more than welcome to it. I do expect though that she work just as hard as her male counter parts. I see more about half the time a woman using her sexual appeal to men in power to get off easier or get by with more. That is not all it is common though.

Back on topic, I agree there should be a stricter punishment back in the schools again.

Raist

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

Do not get me wrong as a kid in school I created problems as well and acted up many do and have. We gave teachers harder times, I guess it was our way of blowing off steam and energy.

However, we never got to anywhere near the point of these kids. It was simply unheard of. Teachers were respected to a degree as an authority figure. Meaning, yes we acted up but at a certain point we each stopped because the paddle was always handy. If the teacher was not capable of providing the necessary swats the principal would happily oblige her and do it himself.

I seriously think something big has changed since I was in school. I think a part of it is simply lack of discipline bother at home and in the school. The behavior though of the males getting hard on the females (in both instances weaker than the student) has got to be a learned behavior. I wonder where they are learning it though. It is disgusting to see such a lack of respect.

Again, I understand there will be kids being kids and causing problems. Regardless there should be limits to those problems.

Raist

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You are exactly right. There is something bigger going on here though. TPTB have destroyed the family and society by removing the discipline that once kept most in check.

I cannot accept that this sort of thing would have ever happened years ago when I was in school. It was completely unheard of.

Raist

link   
reply to post by silo13

double post
edit on 10/28/10 by Raist because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by jibeho

You are also right the home has changed as well as the school. Those that want this to create a society more willing to accept unneeded laws have brought this about.

If this had happened many years ago the bully in question most likely would have gotten a beat down either in the class or immediately after. I have seen some that “bullied” or picked on kids in school suddenly flip over and go after other bullies for over stepping their bounds and getting rougher than they should have.

Yes kids have always acted up to a degree there is no denying that. There was at one time though an unwritten limit to that acting up. This is far over board and this kid should be tossed into a scared straight program with a very large inmate to get the point across.

Raist

edit on 10/28/10 by Raist because: to change a triple post into a response

top topics

<< 1   >>

join