It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw Farenheit 9/11 today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
All I can say is...

...sigh...

Never saw a more pathetic excuse of a "documentry" in my life.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Why is that???.....How come u thoought it was so bad.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I saw it today (Sunday) and found it to be an awesome movie. A lot of it is stuff that has been in the mainstream news and a lot of the new stuff people are shocked about has been talked about here at ATS. One of the things that is shocking is to know how long the Bin Ladens and the Bush family have been in bed together so to speak and how it has profited the Bush family and their friends. Moore presents facts and I think everyone should see it. When we left the theater the news people were there looking for someone who did not like the movie, she said she was having a hard time finding anyone who did not like the movie.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
One of the things that is shocking is to know how long the Bin Ladens and the Bush family have been in bed together so to speak and how it has profited the Bush family and their friends.

This is news to everyone that isnt in Texas. The bin laden family owns so much stuff here, theres even an airport they own about 10 minutes from my house.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
If you're going to make a post about how crap you think F-9/11 is, then at least say why you didn't like it. This isn't a chat room.

It doesn't come out in Australia till early July. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Why would the news media be trying to find someone specifically who didnt like the movie?

Sounds shady...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSluvDroid
Why would the news media be trying to find someone specifically who didnt like the movie?

Sounds shady...

I think they were wanting to show both sides of the coin, the ones who liked it and why as opposed to the ones who didn't and why. Its our local channel I think doing this. But once she found out we liked it she didn't question us any further, too bad she could not have spoken to the op. I will try and watch the report and get back to you on whether I'm right that they were wanting to show both sides of the coin.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
However, sure, the FAMILY of Bin Laden might have a lot of power here, but does Osama? In fact, in an interview that was taken right after 9/11, the Bin Laden family stated that they are "horribly ashamed", and have excluded Osama from their family for the deeds he has done. Don't blame the Bin Laden Family. Blame the man who went insane - Osama.

-wD

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i can overlook some of moore's biases and shortcomings to see the bigger picture, for one, the shady financial connections of the bush family and the major conflicts of interest that result from these ties, secondly the attitude and demeanor of bush and his senior advisors while american soldiers were dying in iraq, sure some of the movie is b.s., notably moore's prewar interpretation of baghdad, that was just #ing ridiculous, but really its bush's own words that had the biggest effects on me, and not moore's interpretation of them

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What I find hypocritical is that the left will assume that bin Laden's family is evil, where they have denounced him and his acts. Then when someone of the right wing assumes all Arabs are evil, its racism.

There is a differnce between the family owning something and him owning it. I can see if bin Laden himself owned a store or a resturant. His family is a differnt matter.

If the Johnson family who owns The Johnson Diner, had a son Jack and he became a rapist seriel killer, does that make everyone who does business with the Johnson family after they denounce their son, a bad person?

Its the same thing as the Bush/bin Laden scenerio only slightly differnt.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
If the Johnson family who owns The Johnson Diner, had a son Jack and he became a rapist seriel killer, does that make everyone who does business with the Johnson family after they denounce their son, a bad person?

Of course not, but does that mean that the Johnson�s or their associates should not be asked any questions? In any murder case the investigators always question the friends and family of a murder. In the case of the world trade center bombing we have thousands of murders, bin laden is suspected of these murders, no airplanes are allowed to fly in the US, and yet Bush decides that the entire bin laden family can fly out of the US and back home without any investigators being allowed to ask them some basic questions. Why the rush? Why not ask them some questions? Now that they are back in their homeland US investigators that want to question them but their country will not allow it.

Like it was pointed out in the movie. When they were looking for Timothy McVeigh after the Oklahoma City bombing no one was flying the his family out of the country or hiding them.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There is a 13 page thread with almost the same exact title.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join