It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Parody on how Misinformation is Spread (featuring Jack Black)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I thought it would be interesting to post these two videos up. I did a search, but couldn't find it yet. If it is all ready here please feel free to add link to correct thread.

As you know, health insurance industry front groups and their allies are flooding the airwaves with political ads that lie about health reform and its supporters, so Health Care for America Now is using laughter to fight back.

I just cant wait to hear the opinions roll on this one. I am reserving mine for the moment

Part 1:

Part 2:

edit on 27-10-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
No one sees the parallel to reality here? I find that very hard to believe around here. Surely someone has something to say about this.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Did you really expect there to be replies within a half hour of posting when there is partisan bickering to be done over a Rand Paul supporter being a stooge?

Someone posted (only part two I think) this a little while back. So 'ill dig up what I said then.

-----------------------------------------
I may be reading too much into this, but he's playing a Professional Mis-informant in an anti-foxnews hit-piece; mildly hypocritical, liars exist on both sides.

Hilarious and appropriate however was the use of children for this video as it's an accurate representation of the quality of political discourse in this nation.

Jack Black's charlie brown t-shirt and the little girl mis-informant were awesome; but this is still wholly one-sided and biased.
-----------------------------------------

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is too damn funny, both sides use the exact same tactics.

These vids are epic wins for Liberals.

I am a constitutionalism/small government conservative.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thank you Enumbra for letting me know that. Like I said I did a search and couldnt find it. Im guessing it was a response to another thread? I will be looking forward to that link.

Killface? I don't think they have a party for what I am! Im a bit all over the board. Liberal on some points, conservative on others, and think a lot of it is just plain stupid. I do think the two party system really needs to go though, but thats another thread I guess...

It is pretty hilarious yet sad, that all the finger pointing really is just a reflection of themselves. I guess they have reached their common goal though, to keep the little man guessing and confused, or just flat out apathetic.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So is the little girl Laura Ingraham?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Killface

No actually they don't. "He does it too", is what every kid says when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
Thank you Enumbra for letting me know that. Like I said I did a search and couldnt find it. Im guessing it was a response to another thread? I will be looking forward to that link.

Nope, just a very biased title.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I am a big fan of Jack Black and this is just comedy! Something we can all use on ATS.

Funny though, I think this is a parody of Sean Hannity more than anything.

Nice find.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

No, not quite. Conservatives didn't get caught "with their hands in the cookie jar" because of this video, so I am not sure what you are saying? Liberals don't go to extremes and spread false information? Michael Moore?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Ha ha, I always get curious reactions to my user name, he is the main character from the Adult Swim cartoon "Frisky Dingo".

Yeah lately these days I am having more and more problems fitting in with any political alignment, a good medium is hard to find.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I am a big fan of Jack Black and this is just comedy! Something we can all use on ATS.

Funny though, I think this is a parody of Sean Hannity more than anything.

Nice find.

Jack Black is about as hilarious as they come and you're right. People on ATS, as everywhere else, needs to laugh more, except comedy can be taken out of context for different people.

If the Left uses comedy to bash the Right, then it's free speech and and funny.

If the Right uses comedy to bash the Left, then it's bigoted and narrow-mindedness.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

What do you expect? It seems that everyone is serious about their own beliefs, but blow-off other's beliefs as quick as possible. We all need to lighten up and enjoy the fact that others see life differently from their perspective.

That being said, I am a conservative and I find this Jack Black video hilarious. Lighten up people, enjoy a laugh.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Frankly I think you could make a list of names that would just go on and on and on of who this could be a parody of. I would sure hate to step on some tender toes around here though by mentioning any of them.

Oddly, the list wouldn't have to just include politics either. I have all ready thought of quite a few off the top of my head and I think I better quit because Im giving myself a headache! When did chicken little marry and multiply like that? I didnt get the memo.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I am refering to the remark that "both sides do it", I think the right is the one who lies to it's followers. FOX NEWS is about the best example of that I have ever seen. Now before you try to yell MSNBC you better do a little homework because with the exception of Morning Joe the MSNBC shows do a lot of fact checking and back up what they say with facts unlike Fox.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I think you took my statement slightly out of context, I lean to the right, but I think Republicans and Democrats are both scum. Now does my previous statement make more sense to you?

The last week ALL I have heard on the TV have been lying smear campaigns, ran vehemently by both sides.

If the right doesn't lie to further their agenda, I am a super-being. And anyways, is that not the definition of a politician: One who lies to further their agenda.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ok, I really don't like Jack Black to begin with. He's lost a lot of his humor over the years - actually he was only funny in his first or second movies.

About this video, I think that this is along the same lines as the SNL stuff that was done a few years ago in support of Obama. It wasn't funny at all. They threw in some celeb comedians and cracked some "jokes".

I don't think that there is any conspiracy here. Jack Black can't be that intelligent of a person. They probably just took him in a room, hyped him up on the "lies" that are being spread by the repubs - haha. and then paid him generously.

These comedians need to watch it because junk like this ruins their image. I lost respect for Chris Farell back with the SNL stunt and now Jack Black is about there with me too.

Thanks for sharing this. It's always nice to see what these people are up to with their propaganda.

new topics

top topics

join