It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Woman gives birth to a frog!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Have any of the British Royals been in Iran lately?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

While it is unclear how this could have happened, the paper carries quotes from medical experts who say there are human characteristics to the animal.

Well, I'd love to see what that looks like. That's be beyond strange!

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Now there's something you don't see every day.

Wonder what she called him...come here you li'l croaker!

and then there's a lot of thoughts concerning warts running through my head right now too...ewwww.

ANYWAY, this is disgusting to say the least.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
thats just nasty, its nasty that babies come out like that, now frogs? im gonna go to sleep now and maybe things will be back to normal in the morning. (i hope)

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Geez, I dont know what to say......I mean I ahve heard of smelling like fish but frogs? I wonder what her husband would have thought if he saw that?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This story is so bad. I really hope people are not believing it. Frogs are not born frogs. Frogs are tadpoles first. Then a tadpole with legs. Then finally a frog. It takes 12 to 16 weeks for a frog to develop from the tadpole stage. Tadpoles need clean water and food to survive.

Quote: "It has been speculated that the woman, who has not been named, unknowingly picked up the larva while she was swimming in a dirty pool." - It sounds like a new urban legend has just started. Don't swim in a dirty pool or you will get impregnated by frog eggs!

It is a funny story but I really hope that too many people are not being duped by it.

allaboutfrogs.org...
allaboutfrogs.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I was thinking by frog you meant a frenchie

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
This story is so bad. I really hope people are not believing it. Frogs are not born frogs. Frogs are tadpoles first. Then a tadpole with legs. Then finally a frog. It takes 12 to 16 weeks for a frog to develop from the tadpole stage. Tadpoles need clean water and food to survive.

Quote: "It has been speculated that the woman, who has not been named, unknowingly picked up the larva while she was swimming in a dirty pool." - It sounds like a new urban legend has just started. Don't swim in a dirty pool or you will get impregnated by frog eggs!

It is a funny story but I really hope that too many people are not being duped by it.

allaboutfrogs.org...
allaboutfrogs.org...

Are you kidding!?! I am in the process of patenting my new amphibian-prophylactic line!

I'm calling it the Frog-Stopper 2000.
also, the Tadpole Terminator frogicide.

"Don't take a dip without us!"

You better take it back, it is so true!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

This is too funny...sounds like the BBC is getting desperate, and trying to take some of the National Enquirer's readers...

Yep...I too hope not too many people buy into this...

[edit on 28-6-2004 by Yoda]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Uh, Yoda, um, a small, frog like creature you are, not?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Right you are, ummm...but a tadpole was not I...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I thought of the same thing (eggs would have to hatch into tadpoles) but then I thought of something - what if a tadpole was in the pool and the tadpole swam up into, erm, her, uh, flower?

Still wouldn't work because of lack of food (tadpoles need to feed as they develop, usually on plant matter), unless of course we are to believe that mother-frog food transactions were taking place through the placenta.

How bizzare

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Besides lack of food still need air...

Don't see how a tadpole could get any air up there...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well...umm.... this is...NASTY!! What did she swollow frog eggs or something?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is nothing but a cheap Iranian plot to keep the free world distracted from the issue of Iran's nuclear capability. They know this is just the type of story the news media would be JUMPING all over!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
AD,
Does that mean if she ate caviar she would give birth to a sturgeon?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
OMG! Thanks for the laugh!

I cant believe the BBC reported this!

While it is unclear how this could have happened, the paper carries quotes from medical experts who say there are human characteristics to the animal.

Its got her eyes!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
@William One Sac

...and maybe even her body too...

Ya...I can't belive they reported it too, unless like I said their desperate, and trying to get the National Enquirer's readers...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
AD,
Does that mean if she ate caviar she would give birth to a sturgeon?

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

quit it...that hurt

or if she ate eggs benedict, would she have a Rhode Island Red???

lol

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That has to be one of the weirdest stories I have heard this year ranking at around that Italian Village that catches fire with self combustion.

Hmmm,.,. First case of Toxic Frog Syndrome.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join