It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind blowing : is Julian Assange giving bullets to his detractors or is he trying to trap them to pr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Mind blowing : is Julian Assange giving bullets to his detractors or is he trying to trap them to prove they're only always shooting the messenger to shroud the last leak thus hitting back ?

Maybe you understand the issue, when Robert Foster raps it to you.
This music video got released today and it features your favorite interview partner Julian Assange in person.

Who let the Logs out!? Wikileaks drops 400,000 classified documents shedding new light on the Iraq war — the biggest leak of classified military documents in history — sending shockwaves across the Fourth Estate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.facebook.com
www.thejuicemedia.com
www.youtube.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Julian Assange walks out of CNN interviews
Larry King Mistakenly Thinks Julian Assange Walked Out On His Interview
edit on 27/10/2010 by fortunofiasco because: (sorry am having trouble posting the youtube link, had to edit so it appeared properly)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I was browsing the facebook page of the CNN journalist from whom Julian Assange walked out the other day to check for more angry and funny user comments and the current last one (see story snipet) drew my attention.

I went to check the video thinking it was "just another" teenager video trying to get attention on YouTube :

Oh boy did my jaw drop !!! I just went through a "How is this possible ???" moment.

At first it may seem very unconventional, some kind of a risk but I think there is a much much bigger message here. Especially since the video is plainly a brilliant satire.

But the main point here I think is how we see Julian Assange is poiting at the fact (by appearing in the clip) that now MSM are a thing of the past and the information *will* get accross if not by so called journalists then through the new internet culture.

What do you people think ?

www.youtube.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27/10/2010 by fortunofiasco because: fixed the YouTube link

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We seem to have different views on the same video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Only people he's pissing off is the establishment.

Many find this to be awesome.

Maybe it's a generation gap?

I'll admit, I'm under 30, your turn.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Have you noticed he doesn't only takes a hook at the establishment, but also at the phony conspiracy theorists ?

Is that what the generation gap is about in the end ? Difference of perception ?
Or is it, shooting the messenger : again ?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Julian believes in a higher purpose than his own, and that is to humanity. He is one of a very very rare kind.

With the numerous public and private attacks on him, instead of focussing on the crimes perpetrated by others, his is resigned to the hopelessness and futility of his efforts.

I had hope he would not release the other files and keep it as insurance, for his life, like many of us fellow humans, is precious and would not want harm done to him except for justice to be served onto the criminals and the victims of the files.

But I guess he no longer cares just about himself, and will sacrifice himself if need be, for us all to be awakened to the lies and manipulations by the industrial military complex as well as its bootlicking dog that is the facist media....

The truth is all there, and I plead for all that seeks for the truth to help and protect him. He is one of us, not our enemy. and the real enemies are in those released files, the masters who commanded our courageous but naive gung-ho boys...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I've gotta say, that video was EPIC. As far as Julian Assange goes, he's just doing the right thing. When you do the right thing, the bad guys will do everything they can, pull out all the stops, to try and attack you.

When he does right, they do wrong.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Agreed, like it says in the video, speaking about these truths is revolutionary.

And I love how Assange is actually in it. I know the "rapper" is from Australia, but who contacted who first?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Last night I went back and rewatched all four previous "Rap News" videos. I think they are all excellent, and you can really see how each one improves in quality from the one before it. Imagine my delight that a fifth one was released today! I've watched it three times already.

On the Wikileaks twitter page, Assange has linked to the last video (#4) many times. We can safely assume that he is a fan of Juice Media's work, and was the one to initiate contact with them. This one was brilliant in it's execution, and the real Julian's mockery of the fake Julian from #4, (Hullooo) made me grin from ear to ear.

This was a great move for Assange, as it not only shows that he has rhythm , but a self deprecating sense of humor, which can serve him as well as his impressive intellect if used judiciously.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
That was the greatest rap video of all time i am still in tears with laughter. Then single rap had more meaningful content in it then any music has for a long time. Love to hear music with a message Julian obviously showed he has a good sense of humor despite the pitiful attack on his character with those false claims against his name. EPIC

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
Agreed, like it says in the video, speaking about these truths is revolutionary.

And I love how Assange is actually in it. I know the "rapper" is from Australia, but who contacted who first?

Am sorry i've tried to find the link where i read that but can't find it again, like an hour ago I was reading "somewhere" that in fact they were long time friends. Well that's what i remember reading, but still i'd prefer finding the link again.
I'll update here when I do, if i do.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Wow, this is crazy...
edit on 27-10-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: Content filtered by NWO.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fortunofiasco

You must not understand the history of these videos. This is a continuation of the series, so all the characters are known from the previous videos.

The guy who raps is extremely talented and still delivers meaingful content.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
ok i started a topic that was similar, but mine was different from what you are discussing here. but mine was closed and i was redirected here so here goes my CT/thread:

i'm sure some of you are familiar with rap news with Robert Foster, if not, here's his new video

I liked the first three videos of his which can be found on www.thejuicemedia.com... But this one stood out as odd to my CT mind.
First, the other tracks seemed original, where's half of this track is eminem's track... really? does that website make That much money to pay for a track by eminem? or is that a copyright infridgement?
Secondly, it seemed more dumbed down... oreilly? # out of mouth? poop jokes anyone? kindergarten? and t
The third thing that struck me as odd was appearance of real Assange... WT~? Did they pay him? did he volunteer?
so my main question is, Is assange becoming an underground CT "celebrity" of sorts? i mean CNN interviews? Larry King? www.abovetopsecret.com... and now Rap news?

So i present a theory i had in my head... yeah thats right another CT. Why is he(julian) suddenly so popular that mainstream media is covering him? You would say smear campaign? yeah but by covering him they bring light to the wikileaks sight. if tptb wouldnt want any attention to that website, they wouldnt cover it on mainstream media, if you believe tptb censor our media that is.. maybe its a double play on our minds? they know how we think, the CTs so they are using reverse psychology on us.

i mean if tptb are smearing him he must be credible, right? so we must trust him, and like him, and respect him.

thats what i see happening, he's becoming sort of a celebrity on ats and internets, but really what do those documents that he leaks actually accomplish? we didnt know civilians are killed at wars? we didnt know they still use torture. ok the documents are proof... so has anything changed since they got released? maybe he's there to give us a hope of change, like " oh look, julian got it covered, he's actually doing something about it so we dont need to do anything" maybe like a distraction technique to desensitize us from the real important topics. so we have an illusion of opposition? so we dont go out and actually DO something about it? It just seems odd that he's suddenly that popular appearing on all these shows, and being made into some kind of bad ass character super hacker dude. like a rogue hero for us to admire. for us to hope he defeats the nwo... i hope i elaborated my theory well enough for you to understand. my shift button only works sometimes so sorry about capitalization and spelling errors. any thoughts? p.s. its almost ppl like julian and jessee ventura are placed like markers, to herd the CT sheep in the right direction? hijacking the movement while making money off it.
edit on 27-10-2010 by catchmeifyoucan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
great my thread got diminished to a post that will not be discussed as thouroughly.. because this thread is on another topic. i was talking about the irregularities in the video and how assange is becoming of celebrity status almost amongst CTs

i see tons of duplicate threads on ats that dont get closed. and they talk about the same things. in fact this thread should probably be closed because this thread appeared earlier ;

or this

both discussing the same video, both started before this thread.. double standards..

yea yea im just sour cuz it was my first thread

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by catchmeifyoucan

Good point. Didn't see those, so thanks for identifying the duplicates.

Please contribute to this preceding thread

Closing

new topics

top topics

join