It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad is most popular boys name in England and Wales

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So are you all in for this Multiculturalism?

Just want to quote Mark Steyn on the subject:

“If the purpose of your culture is to celebrate multi-culture, you’re in effect saying that our bedrock belief is that we believe in everything, which is the same thing as saying that we believe in nothing. Our core values are that we have no core values.”

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

i invite you to take a look at the comments....

And as i said and if anyone bothered to read the article from the mail, officially Muhammad is not the top name however if you take all the variations of the name and put them into one then it is the most common boy name. I think they are officially separated on purpose to make the sheeple less aware of how bad things in the UK really are in terms of immigrants especially that of muslim immigrants.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm not gonna waste my time reading anything from the daily mail.
I live in the uk and don't know or know of anyone called Mohammed.
Maybe I should get out more.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Many boys of this religion get this name.

If Catholic boys predominantly had "John" in their name, the name John would seem very common.

What this should indicate though, is that Muslims are outbreeding you in a significant way.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Read this www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The reason is because nearly every Muslim family calls one of their sons "Muhammad". It's almost like must do thing. It's not because Britain is full of Muslims at all. Sure there are quite a lot proportionally, and growing, but its not as bad as the headline makes out.

However this does not get away from the fact that immigration is far too high, or was, in Britain.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If people actually tackled this subject from an anecdotal angle, it would be interesting.

Because most of you are coming at it from the race-hate, anti-Muslim "we want to bash brownies" angle, there's simply nothing to talk about.

Rev.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
I think they are officially separated on purpose to make the sheeple less aware of how bad things in the UK really are in terms of immigrants especially that of muslim immigrants.

I think it's more to do with the fact that it's transliterated from the Arabic script, and sometimes letters can't be accurately represented in another script or language.

I'm guessing the first vowel is a cross between an ''o'' and ''u'', and the last vowel is a cross between ''a'' and ''e'' in Arabic.

So, there you have four spelling variations of exactly the same name for a start, depending on which vowel in the Roman alphabet is chosen to represent each sound.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Muhammad is most popular boys name in England and Wales

www.dailymail.co.uk

Mohammed is now the most popular name for newborn boys in England and Wales ahead of Jack and Harry, it emerged today.
The name, when 12 different spellings were included, was given to 7,549 youngsters in 2009, official statistics revealed.
Oliver was the second most popular and it was given to 7,364 boys in England and Wales in 12 months.
Jack was third, Harry fourth and Alfie in fifth place in the league table of names.Jack was third, Harry fourth and Alfie in fifth place in the league table of names.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is WRONG i am afraid. The daily Mail is "light with the truth" type paper.

Here is the real news article that shows Oliver is the most popular and Mohammed is 16th. Only the most popular name in the WEST MIDLANDS a place populated by immigrants from the Middle East.

NEVER believe the Daily mail. Lies and Racism go hand in hand.

Press Association

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well if true this just shows how utterly
messed up this country has become due
to the lapse immigration laws and the fact
that these immigrants just cant stop reproducing
and making people like me a minority group.

Again taking away a little bit more of what it
means to be a TRUE brit.
sad, and it will only get worse.

least i'm not named after a paedophile
who slept with his best friends 9 year
old daughter,He who cannot even be
depicted, Muhammad.what BS.

Maybe i am racist? or just unwilling
to embrace change and move forward.

not that these ethnic people try to mix with the
like's of us real white, born & bred Brits and
believe me they don't. after all we are what?
INFIDELS!!!! yeah whatever.

If you find my post bigoted and disrespectful
well i don't have an answer for ya and i don't really care
what you think! we do still have freedom of speech!
FOR NOW.
And i may add i skipped past all the reply's to post so
i could be missing some point about the thread?
maybe i'm just having a bad day!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

i invite you to take a look at the comments....

And as i said and if anyone bothered to read the article from the mail, officially Muhammad is not the top name however if you take all the variations of the name and put them into one then it is the most common boy name. I think they are officially separated on purpose to make the sheeple less aware of how bad things in the UK really are in terms of immigrants especially that of muslim immigrants.

Yet the article YOU refer to, also goes on to state that there are less than 3% of the UK population that are muslims. I don't know if i believe that or not, but.... There are more than two sides to all the arguements.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
not that these ethnic people try to mix with the
like's of us real white, born & bred Brits and
believe me they don't. after all we are what?
INFIDELS!!!! yeah whatever.

First of all, you appear to be interchanging religion and ethnicity.

Secondly, white people are no more British than any other ethnic group here.

All white British people are descended from immigrants, too. In fact, the history of Britain is one of wave after wave of immigration - most of them uninvited.

edit on 27-10-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Am I the only one who sees the irony in you having an avatar that depicts a Syrian martyr, who had a Turkish dad and a Palestinian Mother who was killed because he stood up for the rights of a minority religion (at that time Christianity)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If this is true, it suggests that some people with 12 different names that sound very similar will perhaps become a majority long after all of us and our children and our children's grandchildren are dead. PANIC!

It also supports the widely held belief that Muslims have poor imagination when it comes to naming their sons. PANIC!

Having said that, I really hope all of you have better things to worry about.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Not just Muslims many countries tend to stick to very traditional "Biblical" names.
About every 5th woman in Spain / Greece / Italy is called Maria.

I'm desperately trying to find the scene from GoodFellas where every guy is called Paul or Paulie and all the girls are called Marie or Maria
edit on 27-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I know, it wasn't a dig at Muslims and I couldn't care less what anyone's name is.

Just to add that I know a great deal of Muslims and none of them are called Mohammed or anything that sounds like Mohammed.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I live in Bradford, England. Which has the largest Muslim community in Britain. I am not a racist i haven't got a problem with Muslims. Some of my best friends are muslim. What i can't stand is letting people in to this country and scrounging off the system. It doesn't matter if they're black, white, asian or even pink just spongers do my head in. Look my point is there is good and bad in all. They have been let in now so we have to deal with it.

Anyone remember that famous boxer who floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee?

Yeah exactly. No one will say a bad word against him would they?

Its only a name deal with it, these times a changing.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Dude!, Do you expect to be taken seriously by using the Daily Mail as source material? Sweet Jesus, or as I like to to call it the 'Daily Paranoid Middle English Fear Monger who's suspicious of anything Johnny Foreigner does Pamphlet'. There are around 1.5 million Muslims in the UK in a population of around 61.5 million, Somehow I don't think they are taking over. No you are not a racist for talking about it, Immigration is a serious issue which was ignored by most of the major political parties in the UK, but our whole history and culture is based on immigration. there is no such thing as 100% Welsh, English, Scottish or Irish, we Brits are a Mongrel race, it's what makes us who we are. St. George, your Patron Saint, was Born in Iudaea, now Israel/Palestine. Muhammad is a very popular name, probably because it can be used as a second name also. Muslim families have high birth rate, like Catholics, probably due to the fact they don't believe in birth control , that's probably why there's a lot of boys called Muhammad, plus he is their sacred Prophet, there are lots of boys named Jesus in Spanish speaking countries and lot of girls called Mary and Maria in Catholic countries, for instance. Most young non Muslim children in the UK get named after whoever is most famous off the the X-Factor, Big Brother or Strictly Come Dancing, so they are not going get called Oliver or Charles, (Maybe Oli after Oli Murs last year, but that was a blip) Posh kids get given names like that. I wouldn't call my boy Charles or Oliver, because they would probably get beaten up in school by boys called Daz, Rick, Ste and Gaz :-) I can't take anything seriously the Daily Mail has to say, and anyone who falls for their nonsense needs to look at a different point of view, and that doesn't mean the Express or Sun :-) Don't be dragging Wales into this argument either, we give a welcome in the hillside, peace :-)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

It's pretty much a death sentence for Europe's future...they will surely go the third world route from here on end unless some drastic measures are taken, but I don't think they have the guts to even do that. They've been brainwashed to think multiculturalism is the best thing since sliced bread.

Islam is really disgusting...and backwards. What a shame to have permitted this disease go unchecked into modern, western nations.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

I think they are officially separated on purpose to make the sheeple less aware of how bad things in the UK really are in terms of immigrants especially that of muslim immigrants.

I think it's more to do with the fact that it's transliterated from the Arabic script, and sometimes letters can't be accurately represented in another script or language.

I'm guessing the first vowel is a cross between an ''o'' and ''u'', and the last vowel is a cross between ''a'' and ''e'' in Arabic.

So, there you have four spelling variations of exactly the same name for a start, depending on which vowel in the Roman alphabet is chosen to represent each sound.

I think you may have something there Sherlock.
There are many different versions and spellings of names. Take for instance John. There are many different names for John, is that a Conspiracy Barmy Billy? Iain is the Scottish Gaelic version of that name which is Anglicised to Ian, in Irish Gaelic Eoinn and Ioan in Welsh, all meaning John, there is no conspiracy it's obviously to do with differing dialects translations of the name. While we're on about John, Sean is also Irish for Jean which is french for John, (Spelt Shawn and Shaun also) with Sion being the Welsh version and Shane being the English version all meaning John

So if you name is Ian Sean John Jean-Jack Jonsson-McShane your name translates as John John John John john Son of John of John :-)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join