It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad is most popular boys name in England and Wales

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by billymeierprophet
but when muslims come here, pinch every last penny of welfare, contribute NOTHING , preach hate against us, and excpect US to abide by their culture.. sorry im not going to buy that!

its like the person who plays with the shark, which one day kills them!

islam has only ONE goal.. that is world domination! WHEN WILL YOU REALISE THAT!

just because some muslim `representitive` in a fancy suit sits on the bbc and claims how the extremists dont `represent islam` you seriously going to believe them? they lie!! just like politicians lie!

There's a name for your condition - its paranoia.

How many Christians have committed massacres, murdered, raped, and stolen? I'm a Christian. Are you going to say I'm a terrorist? Well yes I must be, because if one Christian starts shooting people or steals from a shop, then we are all murderers and thieves and we want to take over the world.

Muslims taking welfare? There are illegal immigrants coming from countries full of poverty, terrorism and death to the UK, and they work in corner shops getting paid less than benefits or the minimum wage. Without them nobody would work in those corner shops, because none of us oh-so-special English people would take a crap, low-paid job like that, we would all rather take benefits.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
lol its better than McLovin lol, surprised I haven't seen a Superbad refference yet lol
...seriously though it is just a tradition, like Catholics and Christians naming there children after saint or bible names, John, Paul, Luke, Mark, etc. .....there is not always negative or bad intentions behind every door

a lot of cultures, most actually, still believe names play a large part in what we become and do in this life

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There's so much anti muslim propaganda around these days its no wonder so many people fall for it

EVERYBODY PICK A SIDE AND HATE THE OTHER GUY!

I've lived in muslim areas for a lot of my life, and sure I got the odd white boy comment, but I'd much rather live in their communities than in a white council estate or grotty terraced house with white people. I'm white and have done all of the above, I recieved much less crap from the Muslims than from anyone else.

Why can't people see they are being played?

Why can't you see that this angry reaction to devisive propaganda which plays on your irrational fears of cultural distruction is the exact reaction you are being programmed to adopt? Suckers.

What's British culture anyway? Beer and Curry? Yeah the mussies sure wanna put a stop to that one!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OllyP
reply to post by cushycrux

Like most things on the internet, if you search hard enough, you will find what you are looking for.
I'm going from life experience.
I've never met a Finn and don't believe they exist outside of Ireland. lol
I know of a couple of Asher's but they are girls.

Yea, I am sure you don't know any Finns, because all Finns are under the age of 10 (as I wrote), But I am sure the day will come you will know a Finn.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I live in the UK, I travel widely in the UK, and I'm British born and bred. And fairly proud of it too.

Is there a problem with Islam here in the UK? No. But there is on Daily Mail Island.

Rev.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Really guys?

First off, I'm from Texas, I hear a lot of racist crap, and some posts in this thread are over the top. Get over yourself.

Evidence has been provided that this article is suspect. One being that its the Daily Freakin' Mail and two other posters have provided contrary lists.

Those saying unless white people are naming their kid Muhammad this list is suspect are dead on. Not many whites name their kid Juan here in the US, so I find it hard to believe a non Muslim anywhere would name their kid Muhammad. Not enough to be the most popular name.

I'll end with this: Just because Muslim people move to your area doesn't mean the end of the world. All it means is they immigrate. So what?! If they are doing it legally big whoop! Get over your racist views and get passionate about something that really matters. You can keep your "British Identity" if you try. Whatever that means.

History lesson: I'm from Texas as I said earlier. You know how many flags have flown over us? France, Spain, Republic of Texas, USA, The Confederate States of America and Mexico. I'm sure each time someone was saying "THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD!" Instead though, the majority embraced the cultures and made it part of their own. I can go to ANY town in Texas and find an "authentic" Mexican, French, and Cajun restaurant. Not to mention many Tex-Mex restaurants which incorporate Mexican, Spanish, and if your lucky, a little bit of Cajun.

My point you ask? Take a lesson from your little brothers. New neighbors aren't a bad thing. Your kids kid's just might learn a bit of tolerance that was lost on you.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Thanks for the agreeable voice from Texas. I couldn't agree more with you what you've said. We don't have a problem with Islam here in the UK, but we do have a problem with racist, fascist scumbags.

Rev.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

You've assumed I wouldn't know any kids under 10 but you'd be wrong.
I will do some research. I will go to my 12 year old daughters former junior and infant school and see if they have any Finns.
I will also go to my 2 year old daughters nursery and my eldest daughters place of work, which is also a nursery, and see if they have any Finns. If I don't find one example, then I think its safe to say Finn can't possibly be in the top 5.

Edit to add: Its half term so won't be able to do this until next week.
But I think were pulling this off topic a bit so will stop now.
Bottom line: This is a propaganda piece designed to boost anti-Islamic sentiments to offset increased questioning of the validity of the "war" in Afghanistan.
edit on 27-10-2010 by OllyP because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2010 by OllyP because: can't spell

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
One Word, One Nation, One Peace of...Cake.
No really, you are correct. But the the mixup "Mutikulti" does not work because we are all to stupid. Killing in the name of god...forbid rubbers, so there are more Catholics ect. ect.

Or look just at that poor Obama. He is suspect for me from the first day I saw him, but anyway he is better then that 100 year old man and Pailin. Then, the US Nation dreamed about wonders and changes, without doing anyting. And then the first "colored" President came, and the whole US Nation tilts over to far right, because the Messiah Obama made no wonders came true. It so said. Our Planet suffers, we are suffering. The Whole Money is Gone, The Whole Spirit is Gone. Only Radicals has been left, The believers ion GOD and the believers in money. And 2012 came the clash of all together...I am just waiting guys.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Glad to help! I understand Nationalism. I'm a "hell bent 100% Texan 'till I die" (to quote a popular song in this state) But part of that is recognizing we are a mish mash. I forgot to mention how we have a high population of GERMAN descendants here in this state. We have whole towns that not only were settled by 1st generation Germans, but the towns themselves sound "german". We got this water park called Schlitterbaun. It's in a town called New Braunsfields. Any "real" Texas BBQ has brauts going.

Embrace new cultures! At the least you get some good food!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Let me fix that link for you.

LOL I've never seen this video before, but it looks funny.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I feel I need to clear something up here.

The Daily Mail are using official statistics, and are correct that Mohammad is the most popular boys name in 2010, when you include all the variant spellings of the name.

They didn't make anything up.

What they are doing is selectively using this example as a scare tactic, while ignoring the fact that you could make other names top the list, if you include all the different versions of the name.

For example, if you include all the different versions of the name John - John, Jack, Ieuan, Ian, Euan, and all the other versions, including Yaya or Yahya ( the Muslim spelling of John ) - then John will top the list comfortably.

The Daily Mail are just selectively using the example of Mohammad, to elicit a certain response from some of their readership.

edit on 27-10-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by billymeierprophet

Here, I did you a favor.

Muslims against terrorism. The Google has plenty of hits
www.google.ca...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a
edit on 27-10-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

The daily mail love to get people scared and angry. It's like all their headlines try to give someone a nervous breakdown.

Look at this for example. They REALLY hate facebook haha.
www.finger-jam.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 27-10-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by billymeierprophet

Are you equally upset about how the lunatic, ingorance-is-a-virtue "Christian" theocrats are trying to overrun American politics? In my view, they are a far more clear and present danger than Muslims in America (2% of the population and no internal power base). "Christian" lunatics sit on the school boards and are re-writing history. There are already in the U.S. senate and a bevy of them are on the Republican party's senate candidates (Rand, Buck, Angle, O'Donnell, Miller...). Worried about Muslims? That's just silly when you really analyze the reality.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I knew this was a Daily Fail article before I even seen the source. That newspaper is aimed at a certain section of society and always will be. Don't believe the hype.

Right wing propaganda will always appeal to the market that it is aimed at.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Interesting, if you don't mind, let me remind you of your Introduction post.

"hello im new
im originally from switzerland
i believe ets have come to earth since the begining of time
but it is nothing to be afraid of!
i have many pictures of ufos and orbs, and some of ets
humanity will soon be ready for the first contact
the world must stop the hate and division and come together as one
thank you and look forward to contributing to this forum"

If this is correct, this means even you were not originally British. Yet you get all riled up if a Muslim lives here too?

I know ATS will can change the way you look at things overtime but wow!

Billymeierprophet went from Swiss peace-loving believer, to angry British anti-Islamist in less than day!

That's a record, folks.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is pure sensationalist BS, I find it hard to believe some posters from the UK appear to take this seriously

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
well BS or not...i read that too in German press today...

right on the frontpage..

is that is true...( and i think in germany its the same btw) its horrible..

and if its not true...why they do that? to bring more hate against moslems?

both is horrible to me :S

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Hate to be a stick in the mud....

But according to the Guardian, Mohammed isn't even in the top 10.

THE ARTICLE IS THE EXACT SAME DATE

All this proves is that the media is full of disinformation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join