It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome one and all to "Elective Despotism"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hi ATS.

I thought I'd take a moment to educate you all on a subject that many people find incredibly boring, but that I find fascinating.

Some definitions:

Elective - Of or relating to a selection by vote.

Despotism - A government or political system in which the ruler exercises absolute power:

"Elective Despotism" is not a term I have coined, it was to the best of my knowledge created by one "Ben Wilson" a political history author of some talent. But what does it mean? And how does it apply to you?

The definitions above should clear up any misconceptions about the two words.

In the context they are used here however, we see a whole new paradigm come into being. Democracy is the 'will of the people', the VOTERS, that ACTUALLY VOTE, determine who is SUPPOSED to REPRESENT them. Yet we are always seeing the opposite - we have a majority of voters, that DO NOT vote. We have a majority of representatives, that DO NOT represent the people that voted them in. Why is this?

Voters are now a commodity, bought and sold in the markets, herded like the cattle that they are. I think it is fair to say that voters have the reins of the proverbial horse, but are no longer the driving force behind them, directing them where to go.

Since time immemorial we have seen Democracies voting populations influenced by various methods - oppression, bribery, ethnic cleansing, judicial arbitration, etc etc. But there has always been a significant enough element of freedom in voting to allow for 'nature' to take its' course in politics.

In years gone by, the UK Parliament was only influenced by a select group in society, men, and men of decent standing only. The rich and powerful upper class of wider society dominated and controlled the empire, as it was only ever candidates from their world that got elected. These candidates would then propagate the social and economic divide to their own ends. Therefore, the upper class elite wielded absolute control over their dominion - whilst elections took place, the result would always be the same - yet another upper class, rich and powerful candidate always won in the voting. They were essentially, a group of despots, waiting to be elected. Therefore, the governmental system at the time was that of "Elective Despotism".

The Glorious Revolution curtailed this to an extent, with libertarian ideals from the New World and at home beginning to take their toll, and Voting rights being extended to normal men, and eventually to women as well.

But now, in 2010, things are concerningly reminiscent of Imperial Britain. In most western societies, it is now virtually impossible to get elected unless you can afford the campaign to actually enable you to represent your views unimpeded. The rampant globalised and centralised media (In the U.S. 80% of consumed media is controlled by 5 corporations) tells us all what to think, and brainwashes us to hold certain views - depending on which media you're consuming, and how much money has changed hands.

Even campaigns with truly noble, egalitarian and fair agendas get ripped a new one by the twisted machinations of the Bank controlled Financial-Media complex - nothing stands in their way.

In the mid-term elections in the U.S., the $2 billion dollar point has been reached in expenditure on the campaigns. My thread here details this - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unless you comply with the agenda of the puppetmasters, you WILL NOT GET ELECTED. If you get elected, chances are, you're in league with the controlling interests. You're a member of the 'Despot Club'.

So remember folks, when discussing modern democracy, and modern elections - remember one thing:

It's NOT DEMOCRACY. It's "Elective Despotism". Who do you want to be your designated TYRANT this year?"

I expect to see this term used gang! It's the best, and most accurate one we've got.

The Revenant.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

And if that massive campaign war chest isn't working out for you there's always electronic voter fraud!

One way, or another, they're gonna find you, there gonna getcha getcha getcha....

~Heff

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is why we need to hold to account all of the corrupt leaders who lie their way into power then betray us once there.

Yes this is an incitement to murder every single corrupt politician in the entire world.

link   
This is why we need to hold to account all of the corrupt leaders who lie their way into power then betray us once there.

Yes this is an incitement to murder every single corrupt politician in the entire world.

link   

link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Loving that pic Heff. I couldn't agree more - Elections are toast, and the truth is like Marmite - you either love it or hate it.

Rev.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I just wanted to post a real quick solution for goverment corruption. The only one that makes any sense to me. I doubt it will ever get implamented and I imagine it is just as susceptible to bad intentions as any other form of goverment, but I think our government officials should be selected via draft.

The way the system would work is the house of representatives would be drafted. In order to be eligible for the draft you would need to meet certain criteria. You would need to be a certain age, a US citizen, clean background check and college educated among other things. Then the newly drafter house would select 100 among them to be the senate and the senate would select one among them to be the president. In order to be a senator you would have needed to serve a full 4 year term in the house. In order to be president you would have needed to serve a full 4 year term in the house and a full 4 year term in the senate. You would have a maximum term limit of 4 years on each position. The senate and the house would be on rotating 4 year election cycles. So the house would be drafted and then two years into their term they would pick the senate. Then two years later a new house would be drafted. That way you always had someone with experience in the goverment to help the new people get started.

Having the government selected this way would solve several problems. First, power corrupts and in my mind attracts corrupt and corruptable people. This way those in power would by draft and we would get a bunch of power hungry people in all the offices. Secondly, we would save millions and possibly billions on elections. Third, there would really be now way for special interest to get to these people. By the time anyone had been in goverment long enough to be corrupted their term would be up.

Anyway, just my two cents on elections.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

Interesting post.

But personally I just think that politically motivated advertising should be banned. As well as having strict (and low) limits on campaign budgets. Any 'free' contributors to a campaign MUST be published in a full and highly accessible document before and after the campaign has taken place.

Transparency to see who is contributing what - and why!

Rev.

top topics

join