It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Voters Complain Of Problems At Polls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

LAS VEGAS -- Some voters in Boulder City complained on Monday that their ballot had been cast before they went to the polls, raising questions about Clark County's electronic voting machines
Voter Joyce Ferrara said when they went to vote for Republican Sharron Angle, her Democratic opponent, Sen. Harry Reid's name was already checked.

Linkwww.fox5vegas.com...
And another.

A Craven County voter says he had a near miss at the polls on Thursday when an electronic voting machine completed his straight-party ticket for the opposite of what he intended.
Sam Laughinghouse of New Bern said he pushed the button to vote Republican in all races, but the voting machine screen displayed a ballot with all Democrats checked. He cleared the screen and tried again with the same result, he said. Then he asked for and received help from election staff.

Linkwww.newbernsj.com...
And then this.
Nev. Official Blames Voters as Ballots for Angle Flip to Reid

Here we go again: Blame the victim. The voter often takes the rap, especially when a ballot is butterflied — or a chad hangs in the balance and with it, an election. Touch-screen voting was supposed to remove all risk in voting, and doubt about the tally. That’ll be the day. For now, some voters in Boulder City, Nev., are rightfully steamed that an election official is blaming them for ballots gang aft agley. When these folks in a town about 20 miles outside of Las Vegas were casting ballots for Republican Sharron Angle for U.S. Senate Monday, they discovered that the touch-screen machine already had come up snake eyes.

I like this bit.

Voter Joyce Ferrara told Channel 5 that her machine wasn’t the only one showing a checkered past. The same thing happened to her husband and several others at the same time. "Something's not right," Ferrara told Channel 5. "One person that's a fluke. Two, that's strange. But several within a five minute period of time — that's wrong."

Link www.newsmax.com...

I am not American but if i was i would not be happy at this i am sure there is more of this going on so what do you think are this machines are a good idea in my opinion they are not.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Voter fraud has been made much easier by these voting machines.
The whole reason this happened the way it has is because in 2000
the powers that be needed a way to control vote outcome. What better way than
to remove any form of accountability through electronic voting machines.
Machines who's counting methods can be changed arbitrarily.

What happened in the 2000 election was no accident.

I refuse to believe that the same company who makes ATMs accurately count
money 1000s of times a day can't make a machine count votes. I want to see
the paper ballot come back to my state. Until a check to this corruption can be
afforded to us.

I'm a long time Nevada resident. I know Harry Reid's positions and history in this state.
The man's been in power too long for our own good, and his tenure, I believe, has corrupted him.
I used to like the guy too.
edit on 27-10-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

No matter who you're voting for, this kind of malarkey is unacceptable, especially when it comes time to vote.

Perhaps these folks need to go back to using paper ballots. While not perfect, I would trust a paper ballot over a Diebold machine.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Agreed.

Cheating your fellow countrymen in an election sours the whole system for everyone.
There is no way to guarantee a fair election with this sort of thing hanging over every
voters head.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this sort of thing is becoming all too common here in the States. I'm sure if you started combing the interwebs focusing on specific regions, by the second week after the elections you will find tons of stories like this.

Truly sad.

The following video shows a voting machine that was hacked to play pac man. They did this without breaking ANY tamper evident seals.

Ooops. Forgot to add the video. sorry bout that.

Sad. Are people still duped by this two (maybe three) party system? Havent they seen that every side produces the same results? Havent we seen that every "side" has a close relationship with corruption and deceit?
edit on 27-10-2010 by Brahmanite because: Add video

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Good one

And yes this could get much worse as the voting gets underway i don't like the idea of machine's for voting too easy to manipulate.
Thanks for the replies guys
but i doubt this kind of sham is going to go away i bet we will be talking about this within a couple of weeks

Thanks

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
And in other news, a Democrat spokesperson commented anonymously that they have reasonable suspicions to believe the current spate of alleged voter fraud with machines around Nevada was perpetrated by Republicans on the inside of the elections office who intended the tampering to make it look like Democrats were abusing the system.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

It would be hard to say who's doing it unless there were a result that stood out as odd but anything is possible in this situation i suppose.
I don't think there is any democracy left anyway whoever Win's how can there be democracy if your leader's never listen to the people its the same here in England they just do what they want same in France there leader just did what he wanted so to me democracy died a long time ago no mater were you live.
Sorry for rant

Thanks

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If you want to report voter fraud, apparently there is an app for that.

itunes.apple.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If you want to report voter fraud, apparently there is an app for that.

itunes.apple.com...

Liked the comment:

Republican voter intimidation scam
by Guy who is writing a review
Remember that the Republicans want to intimidate blacks and other minorities from voting. This app is designed as a way to report phony instances of fraud in order to intimidate minority voters.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Yes, it seems like politicians believe they inherently know better what their constituents need than the constituents themselves. Even more puzzling is why the constituents keep voting for failed politicians.

Anyhow, I'm interested in seeing what comes out of this new wave of elections, particularly here in California.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
or maybe you didn't already see
my thread posted 12 hrs earlier.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

No need for a sarcasm but yes you beat me to it but yours is a different title so sorry

Mods please delete.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Or here, posted even earlier than that.

2nd line.

top topics

join