It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANOTHER POSSIBLE way of deciphering the message from Cassini/Saturn 2004?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

I converted the shroud of turin to sound as you requested
Enjoy

The sound file

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just a random thought, that the shroud could possibly be some sort of message from us as some sort of clue from ancients with advanced technology (possibly doing the same thing just a different way, like solving an equation a different way) to benchmark current technology as some sort of leap of understanding involving signals from space?

No evidence to support this, just thinking out loud. . .

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
First off, S & F and thanks OP for a most interesting post/thread.

My first impression upon looking at the original image of the Cassini audio was the similarity to the "waterfall" display on my Ham Radio Deluxe software. This is a real-time audio spectograph wherein symetry only occurs on the display when an actual digital signal is being "heard" by the radio reciever,

With that thought in mind, I followed the link to the original imageshack image and began scrolling down. I was immediately drawn to the 11kHz to 14kHz portion of the graph (the center of the signal). Between approximately 1.73sec and 1.90sec I see what appears to be a typical "standby" signal (empty carrier). At approx. 2.85sec begins a brief series of what I can only term "glyphs", followed by what I would call signal fade beginning at about 3.00sec and continuing to about 3.40sec where there appears to be another set of "glyphs" which seems to terminate with a solid bar at about 3.75sec.

More series of these "glyphs" can be seen throughout the image - always in the same frequency range.

Are they really symbols of some kind? Who knows. But regardless of the apparent pictures that can be seen throughout the spectrograph image (and there are some that are truly amazing), there may very well be some sort of "text" as well!

What would really be interesting would be to subject the original radio and plasma wave data to a spectrographic analysis and compare those with the audio version. Hmmmmm

An amazing bit of work OP, and again thanks for the thread.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Anyone remember the movie Contact? Converting audio into images, then reshaping the images to see the whole picture.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Just been having a mess round with this program, I've just been putting random images in, there are some interesting sounds being produced. Can't upload any of them though unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Try running them through a spectrogram after that, you will see how the image you've converted into sound will go back again to an image!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Very cool thread, even if it goes nowhere, or gets ripped apart, I still like it.

It feels like in that movie "contact" where the small discovery team finds the hidden message buried in the image showing hitler at the 38 olympics. Except this is happening Live, now, right in front of me.

Good luck fella's. I'll take anything you pull out of that spectrometer image, because it is more entertaining than
blinky dots in a dark sky anyday.

edit on 27-10-2010 by Khaaaaaan!! because: go go go

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok.. so, I've fed this image into photoshop now, and have ONLY inverted the image and made it a bit smaller so you can see the image from a distance.. Something.. came up.. I hope this helps!! This is my first post to ATS, I have been browsing for years.. but this thread motivated me to create the account..

------
img233.imageshack.us... --ORIG

img225.imageshack.us... --INVERTED

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seanizle

Sounds a bit like doctor who's tardis when looped lol

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

just out of curiosity, has the other recording been fed through and turned into an image?
the one that can be found here cassini.physics.uiowa.edu... ?

i would be interested in seeing a pic of this 73 second long sound clip, to see if this also contains anything.
being a longer sound clip, it may give a more complete image.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

Thanks for your input on this, that was some relevant info regarding the characteristics of the signal and there's much to think about.. Also a good idea about the original wave data, however, I don't know if that's achievable, meaning that who would lend us the original source to do close examination? I will look into the software you mentioned and will check out how those two resemble each other, this is starting to get really interesting..

Also, I would like to point you all out to "fractals". Search for "Hunting for the Hidden Dimension" and after seeing that, be sure to check the image and the way it's composed again.

I think I've mentioned this before in the previous thread, I will mention it again - imagine a horizontal line splitting the spectrogram image into two equal halves, one top, and one bottom. Now take something as a referance, I would pick the triangle shape for starters, it's easiest with it. See the triangle in the top half, compare it to the one in the bottom? Now do you see the similarity? What this shows I think is that the lower image is the same as the top one, but having its coloring inverted! If you continue with other shapes for referances in the same way, you will again find out the same thing - it's both present in upper and lower half of the image. Although certain areas don't look perfectly similar, in every area you will find enough similarities to point to you that basically the image is the same, however the second time it has been inverted.

Also, here's a link to the pitched by me audio file - www.sendspace.com... . With it, anyone can see the images in a spectrogram of his own choice. Note that I have boosted a little bit the high end of the frequencies, making the frequencies on the most right side of the spectrogram more easily visible, also note that this doesn't change the signal, other than the amplification of certain frequencies. The original source provided by the astronomers is found here: cassini.physics.uiowa.edu...

This is becoming more and more interesting by the minute...
edit on 27-10-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: 3 howevers in a sentance is never a good sign

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
EDIT - nevermind the whole post
edit on 27-10-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: yep, nevermind

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by djyorkie

You got any other links to download the sound file? I don't have quick time

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
affraid not.
all i have is the link to the page it is on:
cassini.physics.uiowa.edu...

and the link itself to the download (right click and save as)
cassini.physics.uiowa.edu...

hope it is of use. it is a wav file. just heading off to my bed now as its 11.30pm here. will check back tomorrow to catch up on progress

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by djyorkie

Excuse me for not clearing this up, I haven't slept for some time now and am easily distracted from important details such as these. The image I originally dealt with from the begining of this thread IS the image taken from the 2003 radio signal. It was my mistake and I don't know where I was looking when doing the research to start with. I also gave a listen/look at the 2004 signal (that I thought till now I was dealing with) and although there is something strange there as well, showing a specific pattern and symmetry, it's nothing compared to the images from the 2003 signal.

SO, EVERYONE, THE EDITED SOUND IS THE ONE FROM 2003 AND NOT 2004! EXCUSE ME FOR THIS INCONVINIENCE!

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Stay with me here and open your mind for a second. OK so If you can take a sound that was put out that makes a picture... and make a picture into a sound, then what if you take theory's and put them together. One interpetation is the audio is sped up or pitched up and you can hear a message. so what if we decode a crop circle into a sound then speed it up and play with it to see if it has a message in it?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

I agree. You're doing some amazing work here!
I am very interested in seeing what the crop circle images do!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
there is a chance that that signal might be apart of a message sent using the universe as a network here watch this!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

May i ask where the original sound file can be downloaded from?

Is it this one www-pw.physics.uiowa.edu...

thank you, and great post.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
img809.imageshack.us...

img839.imageshack.us...

Here are spectrogram images of other signals coming from Saturn. You can see the great difference in these and the ones that came in 2003 and 2004. I also tried pitching these to various lengths and NOTHING comes up that would be even close to what is seen in 2003 and 2004 spectrograms. I also tried a couple of more signals from Jupiter and it was same inconsistent behaviour (and no symmetry, at all), as shown in these here. I tried pitching them in all ways and ratios, nothing even close to familiar, I just didn't have the will and energy to upload all of the spectrograms in various pitches, as it would take awhile. If anyone wants to make sure with his own eyes, ask me and I will up some tomorrow. Also, tomorrow I'll be upping the 2004 rendition into image for you to ponder at. Yet again, although it also shows intelligent design, it didn't impress me a tenth compared to the 2003...

Cheers for tonight! More tomorrow!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join