It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the actual cause of this disaster?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
There is so much chatter about the results of what happened, and all the impact it has, and what we are or are not told, it seems to me that an important issue is being forgotten. Do we know, for certain, the actual CAUSE of the disaster?

We are told it was some accidental equipment failure, if I recall correctly. Is that true? How much investigation was that explanation given?

What I am getting at here is that it's possible this was deliberate. From day ONE, I have thought someone caused this to happen, on purpose. Not BP, because they would stand to lose too much, but someone. I rather think that it's likely someone did this just to cause all the uproar we have seen, and maybe even to make people agreeable to tightened controls on all sorts of energy-related areas. Controls that could infringe on our basic rights, even.

Just thought I would toss this out there, and see what people think.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
There is so much chatter about the results of what happened, and all the impact it has, and what we are or are not told, it seems to me that an important issue is being forgotten. Do we know, for certain, the actual CAUSE of the disaster?

We are told it was some accidental equipment failure, if I recall correctly. Is that true? How much investigation was that explanation given?

What I am getting at here is that it's possible this was deliberate. From day ONE, I have thought someone caused this to happen, on purpose. Not BP, because they would stand to lose too much, but someone. I rather think that it's likely someone did this just to cause all the uproar we have seen, and maybe even to make people agreeable to tightened controls on all sorts of energy-related areas. Controls that could infringe on our basic rights, even.

Just thought I would toss this out there, and see what people think.

I'm not entirely sure what you are refering to, but I can deduce from you mentioning BP that you are talking about the massive oil spill that took place in he gulf somrwhere?

I'm not sure if it was deliberate. I believe that the accident was just that ... and accident. Now what happened afterwards? That was just messed up.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Are we talking about BP here? if so then notice how strange it is there is nothing more said about in the news? notice how it has just faded away from the public eye .....echo.....echo....echo

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Although the mechanical details that ultimately resulted in the blowout run from malfunctioning control valves to establishing well control before cementing etc, the root cause of the disaster was petroleum engineers in charge have been raised by accountants, who's only knowledge is cutting costs. The petroleum engineers job is to produce the most oil possible without killing people then decide the most cost effective way to accomplish that objective. Unfortunately we have a whole generation of engineers whose raises, bonuses and promotions have been based upon how much money was saved. As a consequence we have engineers whose first consideration is cutting costs instead of producing oil without killing people.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Check out the essay I just posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-11-2010 by venik88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join