It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if I Told You That...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am probably way off here, but it seems to me that if the "natural person" cannot make legal contracts as such, then a legal straw man is needed to fulfill our social contracts. The natural person, by virtue of existing, has a contract with the creator that cannot be breached, therefore, a construct of man's making (the legal straw man) is needed to create a society. The creator gives you freedom of choice to do all kinds of harm (or good) to others, the government limits your choices to keep our system of civilization from ruin. We live based on laws made up by people, and so the laws need a legal entity that represents the natural person, as the natural person has unalienable rights endowed by its creator, and not by man. The creator rules the natural person and the laws rule the straw man. Is this a good interpretation?
edit on 5-3-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

edit on 5-3-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Another typo!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Another thing I could add here is that the original meaning of the term "outlaw" was not just someone who was a criminal, but someone who lived outside the law and its protection. Therefore, anyone who came across an outlaw could abuse and kill them without punishment of those laws. Perhaps some laws are abusive to our straw men and women, but if we choose to live outside of the law, we should realize we are not entitled to any of it perks and protections.

<< 1   >>

join