It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Lost Command of One-Ninth of Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Arsenal Last Saturday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

President Barack Obama has been informed that the US AIr Force lost complete command and control of one-ninth of their ICBM arsenal last Saturday. Administration officials stressed that the problem was only temporary, but that doesn't mean it wasn't big.

In fact, according to The Atlantic, a military officer briefed on the matter said that they have never experienced something so big: "[w]e can deal with maybe 5, 6, or 7 at a time, but we've never lost complete command and control and functionality of 50 ICBMs."

The US Air Force has declared that there was no danger to the population, while administration officials said that "at no time did the President's ability [to use the nuclear weapons] decrease." Taking one-ninth of the ICBM arsenal off line certainly decreases the President's ability to fully control the US nuclear arsenal.

Read More

More contradictory statements.

Damn, makes me feel safe.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Cyber-warfare. let the games begin. I personally believe it will continue to get worse. Just think about all the crap they don't tell us that happened.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Now comes the blame game.
I don't see why they need so many missiles.
What happened to chilling out, geeze.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
How long till one of those missiles that went offline becomes active? Aimed at an American city? False flag or real terrorism? The possibilities are mind boggling...honestly though it surprises me that a nuke hasn't been set off on american soil already.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
A thread has already been started earlier regarding this incident. Some very good post so far...

Power Failure Shuts Down Sqaudron Of Nuclear Missiles

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Of course they are going to tell us that there was no danger to us. You can't really believe a single word uttered by the federal government, especially on matters such as these.

On another note, I wonder what the cause of the problem was (the real problem). Was it Chinese Hackers? A computer glitch? Space aliens from Zoltar? Whatever it was, it sure doesn't look too good for our national security.

I wonder if this was a simple dry run, or even a "fake out" for something much larger down the pipe.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
A thread has already been started earlier regarding this incident. Some very good post so far...

Power Failure Shuts Down Sqaudron Of Nuclear Missiles

Thanks for posting the REAL REASON

Still scary to think that a simple power outage could do such a thing. Thank God there are so many fail safe steps invovled in launching an ICBM that we were in NO danger.

new topics

top topics

join